PDA

View Full Version : Noob shirt questions

IvanDrago
10-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm looking into buying my first shirt, and would like a little help. I'm thinking of buying a single ply Titan Fury.
First:
Can a shirt be worth using if you can get it on with little help? The only person I'll have to help me is my girlfriend. I've heard the Fury/F6 is an easy on compared to others.

What kind of fit should I get? Titan lists competition, meet, and regular fits. I'm assuming meet is what a your numbers correspond to and comp is a size small and regular a size large. I'm thinking meet would be great?

How much does a little weight loss affect shirt sizing? I'm a little heavier than I want to be, around 240-245 depending on the day. I've contemplated dropping down to 225-230 range. I'm comfortable at 240, but I'm carrying some tire.

Here's why I'm thinking the Fury:
I hate dealing with Inzer, they didn't ship my belt for a couple of months, I'd rather not mess with them if I don't have to.

I've heard good carryover for the Fury and its $99 (I'm a brokeass)

Durability is supposed to be good (I'm a brokeass)

It is suppose to be an easy on with the stretchy back compared to others.

I'm want to compete in feds that allow single ply gear, not open back.

It is apparently a lot easier to touch than a Katana.

I bench with little arch.

I've heard that the RageX and Fury/F6 are similar, and that Titan's guarentees kinda trump the RageX all things considered. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Ryano
10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Contact Ken Anderson at Andersonpowerlifting.com. He knows the shirts and will take care of your sizing questions.

Eric Downey
10-19-2008, 12:17 AM
F6 is a great shirt but if you have a crappy arch the fury is a more forgivin shirt

pocoloco blanka
10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
a rage x may be to much for a first shirt. a rage x is definately setting world records...

Pete22
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I got a Fury for my first shirt and I don't have much of an arch either. I got a regular fit (size 50 @220lb) and it's probably a bit too big b/c I can get it on with the help of another person in about a minute.

Jon Elick
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I got a Fury for my first shirt and I don't have much of an arch either. I got a regular fit (size 50 @220lb) and it's probably a bit too big b/c I can get it on with the help of another person in about a minute.
Probably not a bad choice for a first shirt. I normally direct people to a "reasonably fitting" Katana, though. Much more pop and the material if thicker than the Fury/F6. I am also a 220'er, wear a size 48, and I get 150-175 out of my single-ply Katana. No matter the shirt, Titan is the way to go and Ken Anderson is the man to go to.

Andre518
10-20-2008, 01:28 PM
My partner says shirts aren't real benches how do you guys feel about it? I don't know much about them yet to make a decision one way or the other.

ehubbard
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
My partner says shirts aren't real benches how do you guys feel about it? I don't know much about them yet to make a decision one way or the other.

Does your partner bring the bar down to his chest when he benches?
Does he fully lock his benches out?
Does your partner have a bench press worth mentioning?
Does your partner also squat and deadlift?

I suspect many of the answers to those questions is NO and as such you should pay no attention to his opinions. Is a shirted bench press the same as a unequipped bench? Of course not. But if someone can bench 600 in a shirt and 400 without it, are those not both tests of strength? I can tell you as someone who continues to struggle to get more than 100 pounds out of a two ply shirt that I am more impressed with a shirted bench than a raw one because of the technique involved.

BigTallOx
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
My partner says shirts aren't real benches how do you guys feel about it?

How do I feel about it?...

Oh, God not this debate again.