PDA

View Full Version : say your 295 workout 5 days a week how many calories do you need

parabellum
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm 295 lbs I workout 5 days a week how many calories do you need. How many calories should I be taking in to drop body fat.

I've been dieting for the last 6 months or so eating on average 2100 - 2800 calories a day sometime less. For 5 months I exercised about once a week. The last month I and exercising 5 times a week. I vary my exercises from cardio, body weight exercises and free weights. All vigorous effort for about an hour each workout session.

Currently I am doing a no carb / carb rotation. I stay away from processed or refined foods but when I cheat or do carb ups with white bread, pretzels, protein shakes, pizza, pasta, the stuff that tastes good etc.. . it make me sick 8 times out of 10 and I wind up taking imodium 5 days a week. Sticking to a no carb diet I don;t need no stinking imodium :) I had 1 snickers bar and 1 pint of ice cream in the last 6 months and a few beers or a shot or two here and there. I try to keep it clean.

I tried low fat, zone, low carb, keto, etc... I'm not dropping fat or body weight. How many calories should I be taking in? My goal is to drop down to 225.

40 Nunc
10-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Do a search on this site and learn how to track your maintenance calories... once you know how to do that you can drop your daily calories by 500 (or so) and should see results with a good lifting program...

borracho
10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm 295 lbs I workout 5 days a week how many calories do you need.

I like this sentence...a LOT.

jay24k
10-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Each is different. I went from 280 to 214 currently. I find eating about 1800 a day worked great for me. I'm 6,3. However, when I first started, I was doing 1100 a day and cardio 6 days a week and no weights. (Wasn't informed in the beginning). The weight did come off but I probably did lose muscle. I'm trying to get to 205 so I'm at 1800 a day and I lose about 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Try this for something different. You know to cut out refined foods, foods with partial hydrogenation, and processed foods. But on your cheat days, try just having one cheat meal. Make it really bad if you want. That way you don't run a whole day and have to bust out two days to make up for it. If you are focused, you will begin to realize it sucks working out hard two days after a bad day. On your cheat meal, drink 4 glasses of water before you eat it. When you eat your bad meal, generally most eat till their stuffed. However, the water is making you feel stuffed so in reality you didn't even eat as much as you thought.

If you wanna lose any quicker, do two work outs a day. One in the morning to burn that fat off before you eat. And one before you go to bed, to get rid of any excess carbs.

IMO, the key is how bad YOU want to do it. I learned you want to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week tops from diet. Anything else should be from physical activity like weights / cardio. Also HIIT is the best thing in my book. 20 minutes a day is all I do on cardio and the results speak for themselves.