PDA

View Full Version : speed deads

roots
10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
would it be a good idea to incorporate speed deadlifts every friday, in addition to my heavy deadlifts on monday? If so what would be a good weight to use? My current max is 435, so im thinking of doing 10 sets of 1 rep with 225. On mondays i do only one heavy set of 3-4 reps.

Lones Green
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
thats a lot of deadlifting. i do speed pulls every week on ME lower day, after my max effort exercise. i also deadlift heavy about every 4-5 weeks, i don't do speed pulls when i pull heavy. figure out what works for you, but thats a lot of pulling and i wouldnt reccomend it.

BigTallOx
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
thats a lot of deadlifting(snip)

I agree, and I find that doing DE squats helps explosiveness with deads too, and it's not as taxing on the body as pulling twice a week, at least for me.

BFGUITAR
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Would it also be a good idea to do deficit speed deads instead? This way the weight is lower (less taxing) and you really speed through your stalling points.

Travis Bell
10-21-2008, 07:26 PM
No. If they are true speed deads, the quickness combined with the deficit would be a bit high risk of injury. It'd be similar to doing DE bench with the cambered bar