View Full Version : Supps

must_eat
10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
List all the supps u guys take: :dj:

I take nitrotech, whey, mega man what do u guys take. :ninja:

BigTallOx
10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
The most important supplements:

6 eggs and a bowl of grits and cheese for breakfast.
A 12 oz steak at 10:30 AM
If it's a workout day:
A protein shake before working out.
Another protein shake with some creatine in it after working out.
If it's not a workout day:
A protein shake before lunch.
On tuesdays a 15" pizza, on other days 8 tacos and 2 bean burritos, for lunch
12-16 ounces of chicken at 3:30 PM
Usually 2500 calories, or so, of what ever my wife makes for dinner
Protein shake before bed.
Usually some sort of snack at 3:30 AM or so

(But, I'm trying to gain weight.)

I also take fish oil, a good multi vitamin, drink lots of (whole) milk and water.

growthrep
10-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Currently none. I ran out of protein powder a few months ago and wanted to see if I'd notice a difference without protein and creatine (my supp was a combo of the two). My strength has continued to go up. I have been eating more whole foods (including the sweet mannah from the golden arches) and drinking lots of 2% milk. I'm off supps for good. They are a convenience and NOTHING more. Anyone who says differently is peddling something.

pottsy07
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
-PHD Pharma Whey Protein
- Cellmass Creatine
- L-glutamine
- Glucosamine Sulphate
- Cod liver oil

Reko
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
protein, weight gainer, vitamin, creatine

Lunar Effect
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Growthrep...I don't totally disagree with you. I only take a multi-vitamin in the mornings and a protein shake after my workout. How many grams of protein do you get each day? Is it more than 1 gram per pound of bodyweight? I am wondering how much protein we truly need in order to continue getting stronger. I weigh 250 pounds, and it's unlikely that I'll be able to ingest 250+ grams per day strictly from food.

growthrep
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Growthrep...I don't totally disagree with you. I only take a multi-vitamin in the mornings and a protein shake after my workout. How many grams of protein do you get each day? Is it more than 1 gram per pound of bodyweight? I am wondering how much protein we truly need in order to continue getting stronger. I weigh 250 pounds, and it's unlikely that I'll be able to ingest 250+ grams per day strictly from food.

Bud, I stopped tracking a while ago and have seen my arms get bigger, my chest thicker, my back wider and my legs stronger. I eat a big breffas, a big lunch and a huge dinner. At bedtime, I usually have a bowl of cereal with lots of milk. I am lifting more now than ever before and getting more comments re "big muscles" these days. I am a big believer in whole foods and believe supps are good if you can't eat but an expensive waste of money if you have a fridge and a stove. Yesterday, for example, i ate 2 large chicken breasts for dinner, with about 5 cups of penne pasta and veggies. Ay bedtime, i had 2 big bowls of raisin bran with 2% milk. Can't rememeber what I had for breffas n lunch. I do take one multivitamin. That's it though.

Gable
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Protein - Nitrean or EAS 100%whey (its cheap at Sam's Club)
Weight gainer - (Maximus) once a day, usually right when I wake up with 2c egg whites
gallon or so of egg whites a week - egg whites international, or the stuff at the store
multi - from ALN
creatine - from ALN
ets - duh
zma - although I doubt I will continue when its gone..
acidopholous - stomach issues are GONE now..
extra C.. sometimes ...

the protein, creatine and multi are consistent.. I'll never NOT take those.. the rest is cyclical.. mostly..I am REALLY l iking the ETS.. I can feel the difference..

Lunar Effect
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Bud, I stopped tracking a while ago and have seen my arms get bigger, my chest thicker, my back wider and my legs stronger. I eat a big breffas, a big lunch and a huge dinner. At bedtime, I usually have a bowl of cereal with lots of milk. I am lifting more now than ever before and getting more comments re "big muscles" these days. I am a big believer in whole foods and believe supps are good if you can't eat but an expensive waste of money if you have a fridge and a stove. Yesterday, for example, i ate 2 large chicken breasts for dinner, with about 5 cups of penne pasta and veggies. Ay bedtime, i had 2 big bowls of raisin bran with 2% milk. Can't rememeber what I had for breffas n lunch. I do take one multivitamin. That's it though.

I think this is where I am headed. I know you said that you stopped keeping track, but I would like to know if you thought you got more or less than 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM on average. I have always heard that is an absolute minimum if you want to build muscle mass. I actually don't care about the hypertrophy as much as the strength.

growthrep
10-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I think this is where I am headed. I know you said that you stopped keeping track, but I would like to know if you thought you got more or less than 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM on average. I have always heard that is an absolute minimum if you want to build muscle mass. I actually don't care about the hypertrophy as much as the strength.

I'd guess that most days I get about 1 g per lb.

anonymous1
10-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Tons of protein powder, an MRP, and Microlactin (most effective supplement ever).

Kastro
10-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Multivitamin, creatine, gallon of milk a day.

MattBag
10-22-2008, 03:52 PM
I use about 75 grams of Gold standard each day
one - two servings of muscle milk each say depeneding on if I'm lifting or not
Glutamine in the morning and ocasionally before bed
super pump 250 before work out its amazing
and cell mass after workout and before bed

so far this is the best stack I've ever use before I'm harder. fuller more vascular and stronger than ever

not to mention all those supps are low in carbs and sugar expensive as hell though

Cards
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
food, lots of it.

anonymous1
10-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Why is nobody taking microlactin?

Reko
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM

Likewise, why is no one supplementing with Magnesium citrate? Its one of THE best weight loss supplements ever.

Brad08
10-22-2008, 06:25 PM
protein, weight gainer, vitamin, creatine

This is washed down with Beer?

http://pyleoflist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/generic-beer.jpg

Gable
10-22-2008, 06:32 PM

Its in ETS, and Maximus... its been helpin me lately.

I had to google that Reko.. too funny.

anonymous1
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Seriously, anyone wondering, just buy it and take it consistently. Within a week you will realize you have been screwing yourself this whole time. Microlactin is awesome - ETS if you want to support the site and the people who have popularized this amazing supplement. If you must choose between creatine and microlactin - microlactin wins by about 28000%.