PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a diet.

andyinthesky
10-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Hi all.
Unfortunately, I stopped working out for a while.

Anyway, I'm looking for the following:

(Height: 5'8'')
Current weight: 110 lbs
Goal weight: 140-150 lbs

Current Body Fat %: Very low - approx. 8-10%?
Goal Body Fat %: 7-9%

Current Max Bench: 120 x 1 (approx. - Used to be 135)
Goal Max Bench: 160+

Since I'm not sure of my maxes on other lifts anymore, I won't get into those. I figure, with the diet and proper workout, the results will come.

I'm looking for a good diet for clean bulking, as efficiently as possible. What timespan am I looking at to achieve my current goals?

Also, should I be using Rippetoe's? Or is there another workout that would be better?

Thanks for any advice/info!

andyinthesky
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
BUMP.
I'm planning on going for 3k cals/day. Is this a good amount to shoot for? Also, what should my protein:fat ratio be?

Tom Mutaffis
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Tough to say on the ratios, focus more on quality and if you are eating good quality foods then the specific ratio of your macros will not matter as much. The main thing will be to ensure that you are getting 150+ grams of protein per day.

With 3,000 calories you should be able to gain some considerable weight. I would look at training 3-4 times per week using a 5x5 routine for strength coupled with supersets on machines or accessory lifts for bodybuilding.

Sleep is important when you are in a growth phase so make sure that you are getting 8 hours of sleep and trying to steer clear of any considerable stress in your life as well.

AtLarge Nutrition makes some great mass building supplements and would definitely get a good quality protein shake for post workout nutrition (Opticen is one product that seems exceptional) and a creatine supplement would also be a good addition to your program.

Milk, Red Meat, Lean Chicken, Natural Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Eggs, Bananas, Vegetables, etc. are all of the foods that you should be eating. Buy in bulk to save money.

Stay motivated and continue to post your progress on here!

andyinthesky
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Tough to say on the ratios, focus more on quality and if you are eating good quality foods then the specific ratio of your macros will not matter as much. The main thing will be to ensure that you are getting 150+ grams of protein per day.

With 3,000 calories you should be able to gain some considerable weight. I would look at training 3-4 times per week using a 5x5 routine for strength coupled with supersets on machines or accessory lifts for bodybuilding.

Sleep is important when you are in a growth phase so make sure that you are getting 8 hours of sleep and trying to steer clear of any considerable stress in your life as well.

AtLarge Nutrition makes some great mass building supplements and would definitely get a good quality protein shake for post workout nutrition (Opticen is one product that seems exceptional) and a creatine supplement would also be a good addition to your program.

Milk, Red Meat, Lean Chicken, Natural Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Eggs, Bananas, Vegetables, etc. are all of the foods that you should be eating. Buy in bulk to save money.

Stay motivated and continue to post your progress on here!

Thanks a lot for the reply; I really appreciate it!
I think the sleep will be the hardest part; I have trouble sleeping sometimes. :(