PDA

View Full Version : Goodmornings...

Lones Green
10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
quick question. i've always done these just in a belt, can briefs be used for GM's?

geoffsherman
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
quick question. i've always done these just in a belt, can briefs be used for GM's?

I don't use briefs at all, but I dropped the belt on GMs awhile ago as I figured that if I wat to work my lower back, giving it an aid kid of defeats that. The first few times afterwards took some gettig used to, but now I am back in business and feel like my back is getting stronger.

joey54
10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I only tried in briefs one time, but didn't like them. Maybe you need to get use to it. No briefs, no belt for me on these.

Lones Green
10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
most of the time i work up to a 3RM with no belt, then add it in. i will try adding briefs tomorrow when i get heavy and see how i like it.

Sidior
10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not a fan of GMs as an ME movement. I do them as an assistance exercise and the only equipment I use is a belt sometimes.

Travis Bell
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
most of the time i work up to a 3RM with no belt, then add it in. i will try adding briefs tomorrow when i get heavy and see how i like it.

We do GMs as an ME movement every monday and if I'm not mistaken, Greg and Luke wear briefs.

Our next Westside video will be featuring our Monday workouts. Stay tuned :)

thewicked
10-23-2008, 12:44 AM
just belt it in... i've never seen how good mornings could get alot out of using briefs but then again i don't use briefs

Lones Green
10-23-2008, 03:24 AM
i'll try it today, and report back

Eric Downey
10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
GM's what a great exercise I just dont see alot of guys doing them anymore. Very effective when do correctly

Preston129
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I like using the belt to help push out my gut against it; I feel like I can stay tighter this way and prevent the low back from rounding.

I also don't know how much benefit I'd get from using briefs, doesn't seem like an excercise best suited to briefs..although I sometimes feel GMs in my hips joints while doing them, so they might have their place here.

Tom Mutaffis
10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
If it is an accessory lift then I wouldn't see why you would add gear unless it was for safety.

Would say to just do them with a belt and maybe once in a while if you wanted to really overload them then try adding in briefs if you think that they will help.

I do them seated on a bench off of the pins in a rack and those are pretty tough!

ehubbard
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Lones,

I wear a loose belt high on my gut as a tighter belt will tend to pinch the jelly rolls. Throw in the briefs here and there but I think they offer more of a pyschological boost than anything else. Unless of course you are doing a GM Squat.

Lones Green
10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Lones,

I wear a loose belt high on my gut as a tighter belt will tend to pinch the jelly rolls. Throw in the briefs here and there but I think they offer more of a pyschological boost than anything else. Unless of course you are doing a GM Squat.

LOL, thats what my GM's turn into when i get very heavy.

meatymight
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Sidior;2021574]I'm not a fan of GMs as an ME movement. QUOTE]

Why not?

Captain_Crunch
10-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't use briefs for goodmornings but if you follow Ano and the boys at his Metal gym in Finland they quite often wear briefs. Seems to work well for them.

Lones Green
10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't use briefs for goodmornings but if you follow Ano and the boys at his Metal gym in Finland they quite often wear briefs. Seems to work well for them.

thats the main reason i was asking, i was watching some of their videos.