PDA

View Full Version : Katana S/S Bench Shirt Question

cunniff1981
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Well I am buying my first bench shirt and was wondering a few things. I am buying titan because I am in Australia and have to ship stuff here and LiftingLarge has done that in under a week so I am staying with them.

My big problem is I am a tight arse and don't want to buy a entry shirt then have to buy another 6 months down the line.

What I want to know is what sort of weight do I need to get the non-scoop neck katana to touch??

If this is beyond what I rack lockout then I may have to get the Fury.

Ryano
10-22-2008, 08:58 PM
What I want to know is what sort of weight do I need to get the non-scoop neck katana to touch??

There is no way of estimating the weight it will take to touch any new shirt with so little information. It depends on how tight the shirt is. I would not recommend that you start with a Katana for a first shirt. Get a Fury or F6 first. They are much easier to break in. Maybe you can sell it after you are ready to advance to a Katana to make up some of the $ lost.

cunniff1981
10-22-2008, 09:13 PM
There is no way of estimating the weight it will take to touch any new shirt with so little information. It depends on how tight the shirt is. I would not recommend that you start with a Katana for a first shirt. Get a Fury or F6 first. They are much easier to break in. Maybe you can sell it after you are ready to advance to a Katana to make up some of the $ lost.

Probably right.

What sort of carry over can I get from the fury though???

Eric Downey
10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Ryano is right the katana is not a beginner shirt. The F6 is better than a fury if you have any type of a arch. If your flat backed bencher the fury is better.

As far as carry over that all depends on the lifter. No to people get the same out of a shirt.

cunniff1981
10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I am definatly a flat back bencher. Even if I try to arch it just doesn't happen. I try to tuck the arse a little as I feel that I can engage the legs better but my back if very flat still.

I wonder if people could tell me how much they got from the fury or f6???

minotaur70
10-23-2008, 02:24 AM
carry over is such a varied thing- it depends on how people train- as some will develop their raw lifts and others don't, some spend time in equipment and maximize the support others don't- so when some dude says he gets 150lbs maybe its just coz his raw sucks, maybe its coz he is excellent with shirts, maybe its leverages. Are you talking single ply?
I have got the same from my F6 single ply as I have in a katana, but I think its because the F6 shirts I have used are super tight and when I tried to go the same size in a katana I couldn't touch without almost dumping- so my groove sucked. Carryover- from a F6 I get about 50kg.
I'm from Australia too- who are you lifting with? Where are you based?

Ryano
10-23-2008, 05:29 AM
You should get around 100 lbs from an F6 or Fury. Maybe more. Like everyone has said, there are many variables that will determine how much you get. They are great single ply shirts. Good luck.

Travis Bell
10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I think I got 60-80lbs out of mine at the most. I sucked in single ply

Reko
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I get about 40 pounds from a single ply, um, f6 I think, right now with very very minimal training in it.
It might be a fury I can't remember. That's how little i've used it.

Darracq
10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I got around 75 in a fury, I love the neck on the katana though, it doesnt choke you.

Pete22
10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I get about 40 pounds from a single ply, um, f6 I think, right now with very very minimal training in it.
It might be a fury I can't remember. That's how little i've used it.

That's about what I'm getting in my loose Fury w/ minimal time in it also. If it was a size smaller and I had more time in it, I think I could realistically see a 60-80lb carryover.

Guido
10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I can get 115 lbs out of my F-6. Granted I am experienced in it, but as mentioned before the carryover varies greatly from person to person. I definitely second the suggestion to start off with an F-6 or Fury before trying a Katana. They are MUCH easier to learn and get your feet wet in than a Katana would be. The Katana is NOT a beginner shirt.

Big o Boy
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I bought my Katana used from a guy here on the boards and he and I both have had trouble getting low 400s to touch. I just got 415 2" from touching yesterday, and that's the closest so far.

cunniff1981
10-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah getting the katana to touch was what I was worried about.
At the moment raw and paused my best is 130kg so if I could get 30kg out of the fury I would be very happy.

minotaur70 I PM'd you bout my details.

minotaur70
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
most people with some training will get at least 30-40kg out of a fury or F6. Personally I like the F6 more. I have just starting using a rage x and I am finding this to be an equally good shirt that seems a little more durable.

SELK
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I think arm length is also a factory when trying to get weights to touch.

In a snug 46 katana SS (not stupid tight, but not loose either) I got 350lbs to touch after a few weeks of trying.

I gained some weight and the shirt when from snug to a 3 man procedure to get it on.. 400lbs touched.

Everyone is different though..

Big o Boy
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, my katana is crazy tight... my shoulders seem to be the biggest henderance. I have a 44.

SELK
10-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Ive used my size 46 when i was heavy as 240lbs (i'm 5'9). My chest was probally about 47-48.. that shirt was so tight. Never got anything to touch when it was that tight.

mosley1990
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
i ordered a rage x and touching is my fear also. that and getting my arms in it. i ordered a 58 so, my 19" arms should fit right? im a big guy but, i also have too high body fat% so, if my shirts too tight i can just lose some weight i suppose.