PDA

View Full Version : 3700 calories a day...

Virtron
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
hey guys... I'm trying to start this 3700 calorie a day diet.

I'm willing to cook for myself and such. Can anyone help me? I've been trying find these calories somewhere. In the past week only one day I managed a "whopping" 3500.

Any suggestions?

Erik 23
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Weight gainers i currently use Twinlabs 2500 calorie weight gainer it works wonders for me.You might find though you dont need that many calories depending on your body weight i usually just take about 2 shakes a day which is about 1400 extra calories then with food im probally getting around 3500 or so.If you buy the food it will take to get 3700 calories in your meals it will be quite expensive and time consuming to eat all day thats why i go with the shakes i eat my regular meals 2 shakes and im good to go.

Travis Bell
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Just give it time, you'll get used to the routine. 200 cal off is as simple as a protein shake with milk and you're golden. Plan your day of meals the night before, instead of shooting from the hip the day of.

cphafner
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Just give it time, you'll get used to the routine. 200 cal off is as simple as a protein shake with milk and you're golden. Plan your day of meals the night before, instead of shooting from the hip the day of.

That's what I do. Very helpful. Otherwise it's 6 o'clock and your realize you are 2000 calories behind and there isn't enough time to catch up.

cphafner
10-23-2008, 09:42 PM
hey guys... I'm trying to start this 3700 calorie a day diet.

I'm willing to cook for myself and such. Can anyone help me? I've been trying find these calories somewhere. In the past week only one day I managed a "whopping" 3500.

Any suggestions?

What does your normal eating look like?

Virtron
10-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh man... thanks for the help. I dont know why I didnt think of the weight gainer sooner.

As far as my normal eating... let me bring you into a day in the life. I wake up at 7am. Take my anabolic-pump. Eat my oatmeal with a banana. Then I'm at the gym by 8am the latest (that is on workout days during the week). Monday I have to leave the gym by 9:15 to be at school at 10. Thursday, I leave the gym at 9 to be at work at 10:15. Friday, I leave at like 8:45 for class. After workouts I drink my protein shake (310 calories) on the train going to work/class. When I get to class, I'm at class, so no eating then. At work, I can buy myself something in a deli before walking in and eat it there. The good thing about my job is I can eat all day if I wanted to. As long as I do my work no one cares. The problem is, the neighborhood is the upper east side of new york city. The cheapest decent lunch around there is 8-10 bucks. So, I bring food with me, but its never enough. I have my lunch which is 1000 calories on a good day and 700 on average. I come home at 6:30 the earliest from mon-friday. Me and my wife cook dinner and sit down to eat at about 7:30. Its 700-1000 calories. I end it with a shake thats 310 calories. Itstough managing school, work and the travel time, but I love to lift and wont let that stop me.

Again, thanks for the weight gainer idea. It will be so much easier, because sometimes I dont even have time to eat when I need to. =/

T FLEX
10-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Try eating more first thing in the morning if you can. I don't know how much oatmeal you're eating but one serving of a 1/2 C. only has 150 calories per serving. Even if you have two servings and a large banana that's only around 400 calories. I just read somewhere on this forum someone suggest eating a 1000 calories first thing in the morning that way you get a good jump on your daily needs and don't end up behind. Try adding two cups of milk and 2 tbsp. of peanut butter in addition to your oatmeal and banana. That would start you out around 800 calories for your first meal. Pack a couple of PB sandwiches and eat them at work, that could add another 700 cal. to your day as well. Small bags of almonds, cashews... Keep it simple. :hello:

Erik 23
10-25-2008, 05:13 AM
No problem Hope it helps you, it helps me out a lot. all my lifts went down cause i wasnt eating i had no energy in the gym, i tried a protein powder which didnt really do anything.

So i figured my problem was just my energy was zapped after work and everything,so i got the weightgainer for the extra calories which your body uses as energy,and after i got the extra calories all my lifts started going back up again.

if you live a busy life it is very difficult to make meals and constantly eat thru out the day.Id say most of my calories come from the shakes.Here is a link to where you can check out the one i got.Hope this helps.
http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=35857
Ps:Im right there with work and school also it does get tough im going back to college and it is rough between work and school and a family like you said but you can make it work.the weight gainer will have you feeling fuller and you wont have to eat nearly as much but you will have all of the calories and everything you need.

Oh man... thanks for the help. I dont know why I
didnt think of the weight gainer sooner.

As far as my normal eating... let me bring you into a day in the life. I wake up at 7am. Take my anabolic-pump. Eat my oatmeal with a banana. Then I'm at the gym by 8am the latest (that is on workout days during the week). Monday I have to leave the gym by 9:15 to be at school at 10. Thursday, I leave the gym at 9 to be at work at 10:15. Friday, I leave at like 8:45 for class. After workouts I drink my protein shake (310 calories) on the train going to work/class. When I get to class, I'm at class, so no eating then. At work, I can buy myself something in a deli before walking in and eat it there. The good thing about my job is I can eat all day if I wanted to. As long as I do my work no one cares. The problem is, the neighborhood is the upper east side of new york city. The cheapest decent lunch around there is 8-10 bucks. So, I bring food with me, but its never enough. I have my lunch which is 1000 calories on a good day and 700 on average. I come home at 6:30 the earliest from mon-friday. Me and my wife cook dinner and sit down to eat at about 7:30. Its 700-1000 calories. I end it with a shake thats 310 calories. Itstough managing school, work and the travel time, but I love to lift and wont let that stop me.

Again, thanks for the weight gainer idea. It will be so much easier, because sometimes I dont even have time to eat when I need to. =/