PDA

View Full Version : so far so good

maddmaxx
10-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Alrighty, Well starting the 15th, I began lifting at my highschool! Big deal you may say? well it made a huge differance in my lifting habits. Thanks to my buddy ryan, he talked me into lifting there with him, instead of my house where all I have is a bench press and a set of dumb bells... being a skinny guy 6"0 140 I really didnt want to go, knowing I'd be pretty much the smallest guy there! I told him, once I could put up some respectable numbers id join him. Obviously he finally talked me into going and im extreamly happy I did! I enjoy lifting alot now! Almost always have the weight room to ourself, once in a while a few softball chicks come in. ( I had the worst gas today for some reason and was really happy they didnt come near the squat rack! That is FOR SURE!!! ) Seeing gains already!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont have a set routine yet, but here is what I have been doing...

Bench Press 3x5 [ started off at 105, monday i hit 120.. back down to 105:( ]
dumb bell curls 3-5sets each to failure [started at 25 now at 30 ]
squat 3 sets [ started out at 145 hit now 165 ]
calf raises 2-3 sets to failure
ab machine
3 laps around school to end it

I really need to find a routine that will work for me! also my diet is very poor..
( working on both )

throw some helpful information my way! :)

-Max

JD77
10-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Best of luck to you with your training. There are a lot of threads with information regarding beginner routines and diets. Just skim through some of them, along with some other folks' journals, and you will learn a lot.

T FLEX
10-23-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm keeping an eye on this one. I like watching transformations of individuals starting with a similar build as myself. Keep up with the journal. Get your eating habits in line and you will grow with regular workouts.

maddmaxx
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Good weekend of rest! Looking for a routine that will increase my vertical greatly and allow me to improve my upper body aswell!

maddmaxx
10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
10/27/08

db curls:3xfailure 25lbs: 2x5 30lbs
BP:1x10 100lbs 2x5 105lbs 1x5 110
Skull Crusher: 2xfailure 50lbs
Ab machine
Two laps around school

Messed my right leg up playing floor hockey today in P.E, didnt feel like squats or calf raises :(

Still looking for a routine that best suits me!

weighed myself today up to 144.

:cry: Downed my last Maximus shake today! Me need moneh! :cry: