PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chamber Gym

Bruteman
10-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Any of you know anything about this gym? Does it have a reputation, or any big name lifters I should be honored to lift with, or extremely knowledgeable people at it? All I know is it's in Canton Ohio and is supposedly a very hardcore powerlifting gym. It's pretty close to me, so I'll go check it out here eventually, but just wondered if any of you had any imput about.

Dave Schwab
10-24-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm originally from the Canton area so I'm somewhat familiar with Iron Chamber, never actually been there but looked into the place when I saw some of their lifters' numbers. There are a couple of pretty strong guys up there (Jay Bednar, Nick Roman), and the videos I've seen of the place look like they've got a good amount of equipment in a good powerlifting environment. So worst case, you'll have some good equipment and strong guys around, and there aren't many other comparable options in the area. Both of those guys I mentioned have some vids on Youtube, Nick Roman pulled 800 as a 242 junior, and he lifted in a meet I had done earlier this year.

Lewy23
10-24-2008, 06:52 AM
It is an awesome place with tons of knowledgeable and strong dudes. They will treat you like family. You will definitely not regret checking it out. They have everything you need to get bigger and stronger.

Lewy

TNDeadlifter
10-25-2008, 06:54 AM
You better jump all over that. Nick Roman is a beast that pulled 800 at 21 years old and 242 pounds. He will be in action tonight at the NOTLD and I will get to see him first hand. He seems to be a great person as is Jeff Beague (the owner).

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 06:58 AM
I'll be training there this summer when I'm home from school. Very good gym. Good equipment and nice guys. See you there if you stick around

Dave Schwab
10-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Travis, aren't you up in Michigan during the summer? Canton, OH would be a heck of a commute :)

Bruteman
10-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Don't know about becoming a regular there, but it would be nice to make it there once, or twice a month to get some technique help and training tips.

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Travis, aren't you up in Michigan during the summer? Canton, OH would be a heck of a commute :)

I was last summer. This summer I won't be though. I'm normally in Ohio year round