PDA

View Full Version : Diet suggestions?

Shao-LiN
04-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Hi all, new to the forums...bro introduced me.

Anyway, he's been giving me suggestions on types of diets I could do...and I wanted to get a bit more feedback before I commit to something.

I'm 21 years old, 5'9 or so and weight around 140 pounds. I have no clue what my body fat is, but I feel it is pretty high, or at least not where I want it to be.

I was at 160 at the start of the year, but have cut that down a lot...problem is, I don't feel I have that same look I did in high school (cheeks are still chubby looking to me, I know...stupid).

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should go with a cutting diet still or try to start a diet to help gain more muscle.

I currently run every morning and work out every other day...usually in the afternoons (is that best?)...at least when I have the time since I'm a full time student.

Was looking for suggestions on meal plans I could go with...

I'm currently doing this:

Meal 1 - Special K or oatmeal, 3 egg whites
Snack 1 - Protein shake
Meal 2 - Chicken/Turkey/Fish sandwich
Snack 2 - Protein shake
Meal 3 - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast/Fish/Beef w/ some white rice.

Sorry for the long winded post...any suggestions would be appreciated. =)

Paul Stagg
04-03-2002, 02:11 PM
more fat.

Cals in = cals used + cals stored as fat.

good job dropping the 20 pounds. Teh next step depends on your bf%, really

Shao-LiN
04-03-2002, 02:18 PM
How would I go about measuring my body fat?

I think I've decided to just start bulking up. Family says I'm looking pretty skinny now, so I want to pump up that muscle mass.

I'm probably going with 3 protein shakes every other meal (bout 3 times a day) - cup of skim milk w/ some whey protein.

And then keep within a 2000 calorie diet....I just need to get a good outline of what I'm going to eat for the 3 major meals of the day.