PDA

View Full Version : meal replacement

rwill1212
10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm basically a rookie in this weightloss/musclebuilding thing so I need help. I'm constantly eating stuff that I shouldn't and now I'm payin for it. The wife and I want to lose weight (she just had my son). I wanna drop 20 lbs, no timespan no rush i just wanna lose it and replace it with muscle. I'm looking for a dairy-free protien shake that I can replace my in between meals with for a total of 5 meals a day 3 meals 2-3 shakes. Any suggestions?

P R E S S U R E
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
bump

cphafner
11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
why are you bumping this?

P R E S S U R E
11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
no one every answered him so why not

Gable
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Im pretty sure Opticen/Maximus are almost completely dairy free.. lactose free.. or very little. I could be wrong..

I like Opticen or Maximus mixed with a few cups of liquid egg whites. Good macros and very filling.

Good luck with your goals.

cphafner
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
bump

It's odd that for your first post you bump someone else's thread. It was never answered because there are 20 other active threads on the same topic. If the posted didn't find his answer I'm sure he would have bumped it himself. Your rapid style posting is odd to say the least.

Tom Mutaffis
11-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Im pretty sure Opticen/Maximus are almost completely dairy free.. lactose free.. or very little. I could be wrong..

I like Opticen or Maximus mixed with a few cups of liquid egg whites. Good macros and very filling.

Good luck with your goals.

Nitrean or Opticen would both be great choices for him. Nitrean is very low in lactose and seems to be fine for people with dairy issues, and Opticen has a touch more but is still not enough to create a problem for most people.

Some general advice for weight loss:

Training: 3 times per week at 20-30 minutes moderate intensity cardio. 3 times per week weight training, circuit training would be best for your goals, and I would suggest a program where you hit your upper body muscle groups on Monday and Friday then your legs on Wednesday.

Diet: Whole grains, limit your dairy, no trans fat, learn the glycemic index, limit carbohydrates after about 7 PM, drink only water or tea, 2 protein shakes per day to help supplement your meals.

Example Diet:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 4 egg whites, Piece of fruit
Mid Morning: 1 Scoop Nitrean and a Banana or box of small rasins.
Lunch: Grilled chicken or lean meat on whole wheat bread, etc.
Afternoon: Grilled chicken / Piece of fruit / Apricots / South Beach diet microwave meal, lean pocket, or similar
Pre-Training: Simple carbs (honey works very well)
Post Workout: 1 Serving Nitrean or Opticen (opticen preferred here)
Dinner: Steak, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta, Hormel Turkey Chili, Grilled Chicken, Salmon, Broccoli, Tuna Fish, etc.
Late Snack: Small meal (under 300 calories) with low carbohydrates.

General: Stay consistant and track your progress. Post on the boards for additional motivation and be realistic with your goals. Depending on your bodyfat percentage and lifestyle it is not unreasonable to say that you could lose that 20 lbs in a period of 6 months - 1 year while also building some muscle and increasing energy levels. We are talking about long term achivements here as well, not some crash diet where you lose 20 lbs and look horrible again two months later - this is a lifestyle change.

Good luck and post up any questions that you might have.

rwill1212
11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the help, i'm trainging to become an electrican so i had to study last week and my computer time was limited to looking for a new bench on craigslist. Oh and my diet starts today, and your example is pretty much what i was looking for, thanks for the bump too poster.