PDA

View Full Version : beginner neads diet critique

ers1029
10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, i'm lifted before but now I'm looking to get serious. I am about 6' 144lbs with something close to a 17-20% body fat. I'm hoping that by lifting and some cardio I can reduce my bodyfat to around 13-15% and gain lean muscle. I am going to start out with rippetoe's SS to gain some strength and hopefully some mass although I know it's not meant for size.

My diet:

Breakfast(6:15)-
1/2 cup egg whites
1 vanilla yogurt
1 ww bagel

Lunch (10:40):
Natural PB Sandwich on WW bread
1/4 cup almonds
apple
1 vanilla yogurt

After school (2:45) and Pre-Workout(a little stuck here):
PB on WW
Banana

Workout (3:30)

Post Workout (4:30 or so):
Shake (ON Whey) in milk

Dinner (630-700):
Varies nightly but will include either chicken, steak, or shrimp with a vegetable and starch

Pre Bed (830):
1 cup milk

My daily totals add up to something close to 2270calories, 322g carbs and 145g protein. I feel I may be a little high in carbs but low in protein but do not know where to gain more protein. I am a picky eater and will not eat canned tuna, I may try cottage cheese but am unsure if I will like it. I know I need some improvement after school but don't know what I could do. Maybe a chicken breast or something similar?

Please help. I know it's a lot to read but I need some help from guys with experience.

cphafner
10-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Are you looking to put on weight?

ers1029
10-26-2008, 07:38 PM
well first I'm hoping to drop some body fat but feel that I could probably lose fat and add muscle at the same time, so yea I suppose I am looking to put on weight.

ctwice23
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
well being picky isn't going to help you but you should def increase your protein to around 200 g. coincidentally protein builds muscle and speeds up metabolism so the more protein you eat the more muscle you can gain and the more fat you can lose..also your body needs some fat as well for hormone production, so add a few eggs to your egg whites for about 15 more g protein and a couple hundred cals and i know optimum nutrition whey has like 70 servings per jug so use two scoops after ur workout and that's an extra 25g protein