PDA

View Full Version : Shakes on the go question.

flexxx77
10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Howdy all, I'm just curious on how you guys manage to take your shakes out on the go with you. I make mine with milk so I don't usually like to have it sitting around for to long or warm. Also, my shakes tend to seperate by the time I am suppose to be drinking them. Anyone know a good way of keeping this from happening or just general tips on taking shakes on the go? How do you guys take you shakes on the road with ya?

The more input the better,

Thanks in advance,

flexxx

Irish Pilot
10-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Howdy all, I'm just curious on how you guys manage to take your shakes out on the go with you. I make mine with milk so I don't usually like to have it sitting around for to long or warm. Also, my shakes tend to seperate by the time I am suppose to be drinking them. Anyone know a good way of keeping this from happening or just general tips on taking shakes on the go? How do you guys take you shakes on the road with ya?

The more input the better,

Thanks in advance,

flexxx

Im a Strawberry Nitrean - Water fanatic. When I need a shake on the go, I clean out my Blender Bottle and dry it out, put my two scoops in, and hit the road. I inevitably run into a water fountain, bottle of water, etc. at some point.

Otherwise, if memory serves, I thought I saw Chris talking about ATLN protein bars coming up soon somewhere....

Gable
10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I make mine in little ziploc baggies, and throw those in my bag.

Then all I have to do is dump em in my shaker, add some water and Im done.

It only takes a few minutes to prep, and makes it super easy to get em all in, during the day.

User Name:
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I mix them in the morning with my shaker, then I pour them into these two 600ml liventure hiking bottles. I use them because they don't taint. I keep them in a small coolbag with the rest of my food. They need a good ol' shake before drinking them. Mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm...

perksy
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I add 1 spoon of milk powder to a serve of protein in a shaker and then just add water. I do the smae for my post training shake, but also add carbs, creatine etc.

Tikiman
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I have found that if chilled (ice cubes or lunch box w/ ice pack), my protein shakes will last around 4-5 hours before things begin to noticeably separate and I wonder about any side effects.

My shakes consist of skim milk, banana, ON Whey, ON Waxymaize, cottage cheese

Holto
10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.fitnessone.com.sg/store/images/shaker.jpg

+

http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_images/59583/ice_pack__ice_pack_ice_box_cold_hot_pack.jpg

Inside this->

http://www.uniformexpress.on.ca/productimages/Cooler-bag-with-lunchbox.gif

=

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:N3W7wVMaAYMJ::upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Happy_face.svg/603px-Happy_face.svg.png

I usually put three shakes in one of those bottles.

Progress
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Also, if you mix protein in milk, empty your ice cube trays and pour in some milk. Then use those cubes to chill your milk throughout the day. Then mix the protein when ready. That way you've effectively chilled the shake without watering it down.

Chris Rodgers
10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
When I go to work I bring a backpack with me that has my 5 lb tub of protein, a 3 liter bottle of water and a shaker cup. I just mix up a shake when I want it. Water is much easier than milk since it is ok if you leave it out.

bass slayer
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
does protein taste nasty in plain water? i usually use milk in the morning but if i could take some protein to school with me and drink that for lunch that would be good for me.

Gable
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM
does protein taste nasty in plain water? i usually use milk in the morning but if i could take some protein to school with me and drink that for lunch that would be good for me.

I drink mine almost exclusively in water.. or egg whites.

Water is fine..

bass slayer
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
thanks ill give it a try

ironpunk25
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I have several shakers I take to work, each with the amount of protein I want. Add water and drink it down. Works great when I don't have time to eat.

Unreal
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM

Depends on the protein. Some are great in water, some aren't . Some suck even with milk. That is why I stick to a few good brands.