PDA

View Full Version : Quick Update

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Heres a couple pictures I just took with my phone cam. I dont know what I weight and I dont want to know. All I know for sure is its not enough. I feel small. I dont know if I should keep cutting or start upping my cals. It definitely feels great to have all that fat off of me though. No more bulking like that ever again(check last picture). I'm going to *try* and maintain my leanness from here on out. I love tasty food too much though, ground turkey, chicken and rice gets boring.

Edit: I cant help my pants are falling down, they're just too big lol. Also I'll definitely put some leg pics up later I just cant get a good view of them in my bathroom.

WORLD
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
You look sick!! You look like a different person in the last pic.
Your back looks thick as hell.
Where are the posing pics! Lets go, get them up. I want to see some front double Bi, most muscular, hell do them all.

WORLD
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
By the way, up here in Canada "sick" is a good thing! lol

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
You look sick!! You look like a different person in the last pic.
Your back looks thick as hell.
Where are the posing pics! Lets go, get them up. I want to see some front double Bi, most muscular, hell do them all.

Thanks Nick. I will for sure try and get some up later when I can get someone to take them for me with a better camera.

Lones Green
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
winter is bulking season big guy :)

Keith
10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
You look awesome, Jay. I agree with the fact that you should try to keep your bodyfat the same as it is now -- leaner is always better. But it comes down to what YOUR goals are. Are you training for aesthetics or strength?

deeder
10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Looking GREAT jay!!

WORLD
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
bump

Invain
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Awsome cut bro.

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys.

winter is bulking season big guy :)

You're definitely right on that. I'd love to be eating everything in sight, my hunger is insane right now and I dont know why.

You look awesome, Jay. I agree with the fact that you should try to keep your bodyfat the same as it is now -- leaner is always better. But it comes down to what YOUR goals are. Are you training for aesthetics or strength?

Aesthetics for sure but I just dont know if its worth cutting down anymore because at this point I'm not big enough. I'd love to step on stage someday but obviously I'm no where near that point, maybe in like 3-5 years if I'm lucky and stay on track.

What do you guys think? Am I lean enough or should I keep cutting? Right now I'm just eating clean when I'm hungry. I need a break from the diet thing for a few days. My fat loss hit a wall. My genetics suck, my abs are not very defined yet my legs have veins all over (definitely new to me). All the rest of the fat is on my stomach and chest, the worst place possible.

40 Nunc
10-27-2008, 06:14 PM
You look great! Whats your workout look like?

getfit
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Awesome work truly! great job

rtrose
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Your progress has been amazing Jay Dub. You look great!

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
You look great! Whats your workout look like?

I'm doing DC training. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Check out intensemuscle.com, thats the official website/forum that explains everything. Very intense, balls to the wall workouts. Here's my exact layout that I made for my workout log. If you have any questions about it let me know.

WORLD
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I think you should start a nice slow bulk again. Your bf% is low enough to enjoy. I wouldn't go all out like before. How much extra work was it to cut back down?

cphafner
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Great work Jay. Much improved! I'm glad to hear DC is working well for you. I hop on Dante's board all the time. I keep thinking about giving DC training a go.

cphafner
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm doing DC training. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Check out intensemuscle.com, thats the official website/forum that explains everything. Very intense, balls to the wall workouts. Here's my exact layout that I made for my workout log. If you have any questions about it let me know.

Jay, can you explain the spreadsheets a little bit? Are A, B, C what you rotate between each week (a one week, b next week, c third week, etc). You do one working set with max reps, 30 seconds rest, max reps, 30 sec rest, max reps. Then static hold. Then do you do the stretch next?

ironpunk25
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Good job

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Jay, can you explain the spreadsheets a little bit? Are A, B, C what you rotate between each week (a one week, b next week, c third week, etc). You do one working set with max reps, 30 seconds rest, max reps, 30 sec rest, max reps. Then static hold. Then do you do the stretch next?

You're close. This is a 2 day split. On the first day you do chest, shoulders, tris, and back width/thickness and then the second is bi's, forearms, calves, hams, and quads. So for the first day of each of these workouts you'd do A's exercises, say Monday (chest/shoulders/tris/back) and Wednesday(bi's/legs). Then on Friday you would start B's exercises and again on the following Monday. Thats basically the first week (8 days), so you work each muscle twice every 8 days. Then you would start C. So you'd be going through all the exercises every 2 weeks.

You're right about the rest pause sets. Aiming for 11-15 total reps. An example would be 8 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, 4 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, 2 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, and then the static hold. Then stretch. Heres the link to the stretches, they definitely take practice to feel the stretch in the right place. http://timwescott.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=Talk&action=display&thread=3005

I really think you'd like it CP. Dante truly knows his stuff.

cphafner
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
You're close. This is a 2 day split. On the first day you do chest, shoulders, tris, and back width/thickness and then the second is bi's, forearms, calves, hams, and quads. So for the first day of each of these workouts you'd do A's exercises, say Monday (chest/shoulders/tris/back) and Wednesday(bi's/legs). Then on Friday you would start B's exercises and again on the following Monday. Thats basically the first week (8 days), so you work each muscle twice every 8 days. Then you would start C. So you'd be going through all the exercises every 2 weeks.

You're right about the rest pause sets. Aiming for 11-15 total reps. An example would be 8 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, 4 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, 2 reps to failure, 10 deep breaths, and then the static hold. Then stretch. Heres the link to the stretches, they definitely take practice to feel the stretch in the right place. http://timwescott.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=Talk&action=display&thread=3005

I really think you'd like it CP. Dante truly knows his stuff.

Gotcha thanks. I didn't realize the exercises listed under monday and friday were the same. I was thinking it was 3 different days. Dante certainly has created some monster. Tons of national level guys believe in his methods. It might be my next round of training.

Sidior
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
You look fantastic bro, great back width. It would be nice to see some mandatory poses though.

cphafner
10-27-2008, 09:53 PM
One more question for tonight...how often are you cruising? Doesn't he suggest taking some time off for recovery?

jAy_Dub
10-27-2008, 10:08 PM
You look fantastic bro, great back width. It would be nice to see some mandatory poses though.
Thanks man, I just realized my girl left her camera at my apartment so I'll try and get some up asap.

One more question for tonight...how often are you cruising? Doesn't he suggest taking some time off for recovery?

He says 8 weeks is average, some people longer, some shorter. Just gotta listen to your body. I've only been doing it 8 or 9 weeks and so far I havent had any problems. Lifts are still increasing.

Keith
10-28-2008, 05:40 AM
I also recommend hitting up some mandatory poses and leg shots. Nick and I may very well be starting DC in December so well let you know how it treats us. If I were you, I'd do a very, very slow bulk and do your best to keep your bodyfat as close as it is to what it is now.

bill
10-28-2008, 05:49 AM
J you look like a different person Great Job with it all.

How long have you been cutting from the bulked pic?

pert121
Pics look great, unless your thinking of gettig on stage and your lifts are continueing to go up, I would do a slow bulk as mentioned to you earlier. Just add some calories as you go, and keep them clean. If your lifts are still going up, then your getting stronger, then your putting muscle on, I would think that an increase in cals would help that out and continue the progress...you know Dante doesnt really have his guys super lean in the off season, so give yourself some time to grow and be comfortable, and then cut down again after winter!

40 Nunc
How long are you in the gym on average?

RBB
10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Jay, you're looking great, bro! big improvements from the last set of pics. i'm impressed, buddy. seems like the DC training is working out for you very well. i've also been thinking about that lately....

cphafner
10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Jay, you're looking great, bro! big improvements from the last set of pics. i'm impressed, buddy. seems like the DC training is working out for you very well. i've also been thinking about that lately....

Not to hijack...but given your strength, you seem to be tailor made for DC training.

ederon
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Just keep up the cardio and increase your calories with clean food. BTW great results!

jAy_Dub
10-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Pics look great, unless your thinking of gettig on stage and your lifts are continueing to go up, I would do a slow bulk as mentioned to you earlier. Just add some calories as you go, and keep them clean. If your lifts are still going up, then your getting stronger, then your putting muscle on, I would think that an increase in cals would help that out and continue the progress...you know Dante doesnt really have his guys super lean in the off season, so give yourself some time to grow and be comfortable, and then cut down again after winter!

Alright, slow bulk it is. I'm curious, how many years did it take you to get in the condition you were in your pics? You seriously looked amazing.

How long are you in the gym on average?

Usually 75 minutes.

Thanks brotha, you really should try it out, I highly doubt you'd be disappointed.

Not to hijack...but given your strength, you seem to be tailor made for DC training.

I was actually thinking the same thing lol.

Just keep up the cardio and increase your calories with clean food. BTW great results!

You compete, right? How much cardio do you do in the offseason?

Gabrielle
10-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Looking a lot leaner for sure and your back looks like a strong point Hard to point any flaws because of the camera angles. I would like to see some mandatory shots and lower body pics if you want better critiques

DavyRen
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
What a transformation! Truly inspirational, it makes me want to try that extra hard to cut some of my beef

jAy_Dub
10-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Heres some of me and my horrible posing. Notice how one of my pecs seems higher up than the other? My left trap is also bigger than my right from doing the same mixed grip on deads/rack pulls for so long, I'm trying to fix it.

jAy_Dub
10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Heres one more back shot.

Gabrielle
10-29-2008, 04:31 PM
looking great, proportionate, low bodyfat and good quads.

WORLD
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
The last back double bi is my fav, and the wheels are awesome.

T FLEX
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
What's your weight and height?

leetuck
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
jay.. how long has it taken to lose the tub?

jAy_Dub
10-30-2008, 10:03 AM
looking great, proportionate, low bodyfat and good quads.
Thanks bro.

The last back double bi is my fav, and the wheels are awesome.

Thanks man, I'm surprised my legs are where they are, I injured them awhile back and I still cant go heavy on squats. I've been sticking to front squats and leg presses.

What's your weight and height?
I'm around 6'1, dunno about weight. Probably around 215-220.

Around 20 weeks. I was trying to go extra slow to keep as much muscle as possible.

Keith
10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Dude, you look awesome. Much better being leaner, eh? Wheels are really impressive, too.

pert121
11-01-2008, 08:12 AM
your looking awesome! quads have great seperation.
Thank you for the compliment, honestly conditioning is what carried me in my shows, my legs were good but my upper body lacked that great thickness, so conditioning I knew I had to nail, I was religious for cardio and eating, if I was late eating a meal i was ssssoooo pissed.

after bodybuilding, I just really stuck to a good clean diet ate the same things day in and day out with a cheat here and there to stay in good shape and maintain 225-230 yr round.

cphafner
11-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Jay I think I am going to give dc a shot. I stole your spreadsheets! I am going to take a couple weeks to do more research and get things set up.

jAy_Dub
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Dude, you look awesome. Much better being leaner, eh? Wheels are really impressive, too.
Thanks bro. Lean is definitely where its at.

your looking awesome! quads have great seperation.
Thank you for the compliment, honestly conditioning is what carried me in my shows, my legs were good but my upper body lacked that great thickness, so conditioning I knew I had to nail, I was religious for cardio and eating, if I was late eating a meal i was ssssoooo pissed.

after bodybuilding, I just really stuck to a good clean diet ate the same things day in and day out with a cheat here and there to stay in good shape and maintain 225-230 yr round.
You definitely nailed your conditioning!

Jay I think I am going to give dc a shot. I stole your spreadsheets! I am going to take a couple weeks to do more research and get things set up.
Just remember, you can choose any 3 exercises you want. I picked them all from his lists he had made.

cphafner
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Just remember, you can choose any 3 exercises you want. I picked them all from his lists he had made.

Yeah I changed them a bit to work better with what I have available at the gym. Today was day 1. A bit of a failure. I need to figure out what weights to use. Went a bit too heavy at time. Too light at others.

jAy_Dub
11-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah I changed them a bit to work better with what I have available at the gym. Today was day 1. A bit of a failure. I need to figure out what weights to use. Went a bit too heavy at time. Too light at others.

Aim for your 8 rep max and you should hit around 15 total reps every time for the RP sets.

Irish Pilot
11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Jay how long did it take ya to tread that fat? Looking good bro. Im hoping to be that slender from my next cut in the spring. Ill probably be as big if not bigger (in terms of bf%) here at the end of this winter bulk, so Im curious how long it took you to swing it.

Irish Pilot
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Bah...disregard my question then lol. Must have skipped over this somehow.

Nosaj
11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Looking lean bro, sub 12% for sure, probably single digit just lack the dexter jackson ab genetics... hah. Good job on the slow cut, I still haven't mastered that beast, I'm coming up on my cut in a couple months so should be interesting this go around.

I would say slow bulk from where you're at now, you look vascular and lean (esp. in the face compared to when you were a fatty) and you could easily put on another 20 lbs nice and slow and still be comfortably lean, then decide to cut or bulk at that point. Plus, it's winter, and you sound like your diet has been getting the best of you a bit lately (been there, done that... but for me it's bulking not cutting, I hate eating so much ahaha) so I would look at putting on a pound a week (~+3500 calories) for a couple months. Just my opinion though.

Again, great job, looking great, yolked and lean!