PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose fat diet

greemah
10-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey

I'm having some trouble working out a diet that will be effective for loosing fat. I am doing starting strength at the moment, but just to loose fat since I hate cardio (though I am trying to go for the odd run). I would like to gain as much ms

At the moment I'm eating:
Breakfast - Oatmeal, trim milk, yoghurt
Lunch - Two ham sandwhiches with wholemeal breat and lettuce
Dinner - Chicken/pork/beef with vegetables and wholemeal rice/pasta and stirfry sauce.

I have been on this for a while now, I lost a bit of fat in the beginning but it seems to have stopped now.

The thing I just don't get is carbs/fat/protein amounts etc. I just can't count those for everything I eat and don't really want to. I'd rather just get an idea of the foods/amounts I could/should eat

Thanks

Tom Mutaffis
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Give this a try, I have modified things to help speed up your metabolism and jump-start some fat loss:

Breakfast: 1 serving oatmeal, cup of skim milk with 1 scoop nitrean protein powder, piece of fruit

Mid-Morning: Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce (or wrap the ham in lettuce and forget the bread to cut carbs)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread

Afternoon Snack:Fat free yogurt, should be around 100 calories

Dinner: Meat and vegetable or wheat pasta.

*Post Workout: 1 Scoop Nitrean protein for recovery

Make sure that the bread that you are buying is 100% whole wheat. Just because it says "wheat bread" does not mean 100%.

By spacing out your meals you will keep your insulin and blood sugar levels more stable throughout the day. This should also give you more energy as well.

bass slayer
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Give this a try, I have modified things to help speed up your metabolism and jump-start some fat loss:

Breakfast: 1 serving oatmeal, cup of skim milk with 1 scoop nitrean protein powder, piece of fruit

Mid-Morning: Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce (or wrap the ham in lettuce and forget the bread to cut carbs)

Make sure that the bread that you are buying is 100% whole wheat. Just because it says "wheat bread" does not mean 100%.

By spacing out your meals you will keep your insulin and blood sugar levels more stable throughout the day. This should also give you more energy as well.

holy crap how many meals are in a day! i would hate to see how much i would have to eat to gain weight. i have a hard time eating 3 meals in a day

greemah
10-28-2008, 01:39 PM

Thanks I might try this. Is it really more likely to help loosing fat by eating more? For the sandwhich, are you meaning 1 or two sandwhiches (as in 2 or 4 slices of bread). And for the mid morning ham/lettuce, is that just one sandwhich sized slice of ham (I won't have the bread with it)

Guido
10-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I assume you mean you want to LOSE fat. "Loose" is what I think you want your pants to become once you "lose" the fat.

RiSeAgAiNsT
10-30-2008, 07:20 PM
You should try to eat 5 meals throughout the day if you're trying to lose weight. Doesnt mean eat 5 regular size meals, but break it all down to smaller portions, this keeps your metabolism up throughout the entire day. If you feel yourself get hungry you're not doing it right, when you get hungry your body begins to store fat.

jay24k
10-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Many studies have proven that false that being hungry lowers your metabolism and more studies are showing that more meals do not have an effect on metabolism at all. It just helps you monitor your food intake easier. Unfortunately, cutting will make you occasionally hungry. By eating foods that are more filling that take longer to digest, this will prevent you from being hungry.

Brad08
10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Many studies have proven that false that being hungry lowers your metabolism and more studies are showing that more meals do not have an effect on metabolism at all. It just helps you monitor your food intake easier. Unfortunately, cutting will make you occasionally hungry. By eating foods that are more filling that take longer to digest, this will prevent you from being hungry.

Thank god someone knows what they're talking about. This thread is full of bro-logic.

Travis Bell
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
The benefit of eating more frequently when you are cutting is it keeps the hunger down as well as helping you not to gorge yourself out the wazoo when you do eat. Keeps the energy up as well.

Davey
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
i'll be honest with you i've tried using the normal eat less lose fat approach but it hardly ever worked for me and it took a long time to see results. try the UD.

i'm on my 3rd cycle right now (UD for 8 weeks and then 3 weeks maintenance) and I've lost over 30lbs while INCREASING the weight I push (pull) in the gym.

joelhall
11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
eat more often, cutting down on simple carbs and caffeine. youll find that as you grow your metabolism raises.

MisterX
11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm looking for foods that are higher in calories but low in cal from fat. Ideas, please?

greemah
11-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks for your replies guys.

Wtf, in the last 4 days I've found myself getting insanely hungry. I was doing my original diet posted above for quite a while, so maybe my metabolism has gone up quite a bit all of a sudden. I will start the diet that tom mutaffis posted and hopefully that will curb the hunger and help the weight loss