PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on diet modification?

jay24k
10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
My main goal was to cut to 205. I'm 6-3 and at 214. I used calipers and it came up as 15% body fat. I'm seeing my upper abs but still have some fat on my stomach that I can easily squeeze on the lower portion. I'd like to get to about 9% before I begin doing small bulks.

Here is my normal diet. I substitute tuna with boars head turkey or chicken (6oz). I've also cut out the bread (I have it say 9 grain but it is actually 100% whole wheat with no corn syrup or partial hydrogenation) and replaced it with a wrap so I can consume more protein instead of the additional carbs.

For dinner I generally don't eat hamburger and eat salmon, chicken, or lean sirloin. I have hamburger maybe once every 2 weeks.

My problem is I have stuck at 214. I workout 3X a week for an hour very very hard. I do cardio 5 days a week and don't do it when I do my leg work outs. I do HIIT cardio and the machine says I burn around 500 to 700 calories for a 30 minute work out.

I'm seeing very good strength gains but I should be in a calorie deficit since I'm only trying to consume about 1800 to 2000 calories a day. Fit day says my maintenance is 3000+ but I gain weight easily. I'm not hungry and am mostly full.

Any suggestions to shed these few last pounds? I was thinking about getting a fat burner but my diet imo is very solid. I eat nothing with partial hydrogenation. No bleached foods. Nothing with corn syrup.

I was told to get my protein to 1 per pound. Is that realistic on a cut? I don't see it being that hard but generally I get around 190 to 240. Most days I consume about 5 eggs for breakfast as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom Mutaffis
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
If you are only eating 1800-2000 calories at that bodyweight and with that activity level you should be in a caloric deficit causing you to drop weight. Are you taking any other supplements? Perscriptions? Diabetic?

The goal of 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is a good target number.

jay24k
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I take no supplements beside my protein shakes. They consist of muscle milk and something called Nitro (forgot the rest). I have no health issues and just pop a vitamin a day. I'm just dumbfounded why I have issues dropping weight. I was consuming 2400 to 2600 and could not drop weight so I dropped it some more and still nothing.

accuFLEX
10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
1.5 cans of tuna = 83g of protein?

You might want to check that...unless the can buy are about 3x the size of the can I buy. Don't trust fitday for everything, the "custom food" is key.

Edit: Just an idea, but eat lesss whole eggs and start using eggs whites, might be an easy way to cut fat and calories.

jay24k
10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I dont trust fitday unless it is for fruits or meats like chicken etc. The tuna is directly from the can. I don't eat the small cans. I eat the ones that have 5 servings. So for me, a 5 serving can is defined as 1 can. I ate 1.5 cans that day and it states that much protein.