PDA

View Full Version : How not to squat!

Cricket_Fire
10-29-2008, 03:21 PM
r6EvJngUCTs

Watch and learn... make sure you watch the last one, its the best lmao (yes it is me, yes I need to learn how to squat, and yes I know they were all very high hahaha)

Travis Bell
10-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I fixed it

FFHill
10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I fixed it

you're my hero. :hello: I'm bored out of my skull and needed another vid to watch.

ZenMonkey
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Are you breaking in a suit?

john bernor
10-29-2008, 03:41 PM
great squatting, u are young and strong..keep it up..also did you ever think about opening your hands up

Cricket_Fire
10-29-2008, 03:46 PM
aha thanks Travis

ZenMonkey - no Ive used it quite a bit already, but its been a long time since Ive been in it. Anything over my raw max feels heavy again :( . I used to have decent form... I swear :D

John - Thank you good sir :) . Bott actually suggested that at the August Asylum meet (taking my pinky off the bar), but I found it very uncomfortable. Is that what you mean?

Chris Rodgers
10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
It's very hard to train in gear without spotters. I don't know if you are scared about what will happen, but it looks like when the suit starts to grab you just come right up. You really have to learn to get comfortable squeezing through that. I know that is tough without the spotters though.

You might want to lower the weight a little and try working up some sets of 3-5 and try and get deeper and deeper each rep until you make depth.

Cricket_Fire
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the tip CR. Ill give that a run next time I suit up.

I do have a bad habit of getting scared in the hole and coming up high though, even in meets (almost every meet pr I hit takes 2 attempts; 1 to realize I can actually lift it, and another to get the lift passed haha)

rbtrout
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe that's the reason I don't squat well in my suit (?). So far, I've squatted way better raw. I'll try going lighter and breaking in the suit more.

Travis Bell
10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
you're my hero. :hello: I'm bored out of my skull and needed another vid to watch.

I was in class LOL I needed something to break the 3hrs of boredom as well

Travis Bell
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
You might want to lower the weight a little and try working up some sets of 3-5 and try and get deeper and deeper each rep until you make depth.

Ditto. Sit further back instead of bending over at the bottom.

Sean S
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
It's very hard to train in gear without spotters. I don't know if you are scared about what will happen, but it looks like when the suit starts to grab you just come right up. You really have to learn to get comfortable squeezing through that. I know that is tough without the spotters though.

This is good advice. Use a weight that you will be in no danger whatsoever of missing. Start with the straps down and learn to get depth that way. Then when you get the hang of that go through the same process with the straps up.
A couple of other things. Lock in your arch and keep arching hard throughout the lift. Also try and get your knees out more. When you go down and the suit grabs, push your knees out hard. This is usually good for another couple inches of depth.

joey54
10-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah definitely go a bit lighter. Why move up in weight when you weren't comfortable at a lower weight, you know? Once you get the form back down, you will blast through these weights in pretty short time.

Cricket_Fire
10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Cheers for the advice guys, consider it taken aboard.

Travis - pretty soon Im gonna have to start paying you for all this advice ;)

Not sure what my problem was today; Ive competed in this suit a couple times, and although I do have troubles with depth in it, I have made plenty of lifts in it; I havent had such rediculous form since I first started in it haha. Ill be sure to post video of the next time I get in it to make sure Im on the right track.

Thanks again; I appreciate the help :)

deeder
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't know if anyone else has already said it... but lower the rack height!!!

Lones Green
10-30-2008, 03:28 AM
i train in the exact same rack, and have to walk the weight all the way out of the rack because its too close for my stance...

let that gear grab you!

joey54
10-30-2008, 05:13 AM
This video works much better with the title of the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mtHXDNblhU

AJL11
10-30-2008, 06:40 AM
This video works much better with the title of the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mtHXDNblhU

That was UNBELIEVABLE........WOW...hahahah nice find.....