PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

mosley1990
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Ok, i am in desperate need of a good diet. I want to maintain the gains i have made strength wise but i need to lose weight. im 6'4" 308lbs at nearly 18 yrs. old. i lift 5 days a week. i have a pretty good breakfast shake already so, i need ideas for a lunch to take to school and what to eat once i get home. and advice is welcome. i hope someone can help me.

corey mosley

Tom Mutaffis
10-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Corey - post up what you are eating right now and what kinds of foods you like and we can come up with something for you.

mosley1990
10-30-2008, 07:58 AM
my diet right now is crap so ill just list some of the healthy things i like.
grilled chicken
grilled fish
grilled steak
turkey
most vegetables
eggs
peanut butter (natural)
most fruits

RhodeHouse
10-30-2008, 08:45 AM
my diet right now is crap so ill just list some of the healthy things i like.
grilled chicken
grilled fish
grilled steak
turkey
most vegetables
eggs
peanut butter (natural)
most fruits

Good. Eat these things. It's pretty simple, dude. If it makes you feel good, eat it. If it makes you feel like crap, don't eat it. That's probably the easiest way to get started. This diet thing isn't that hard to figure out, despite what most will say. Overcompilcated gives people the excuse to fail, so it's convenient. eat meat, vegetables, pasta and drink lots of water/fluids. Rest 7-9 hours a night and train hard.

And honestly, at 18 years old, put the fork down.

mosley1990
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
i just need to know like, what portions to eat. thats my problem lol. also, thanks for the help.

Tom Mutaffis
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
i just need to know like, what portions to eat. thats my problem lol. also, thanks for the help.

If you are eating good quality foods like that I would not worry so much about the portions. Just try not to mix a high fat meal with any simple carbohydrats (so if you have steak just make sure that the sides are green beans or broccoli).

Also stay away from high carbs late at night.

Generally what you should focus on is eating moderate meals 5 times per day. This way you can pack in more calories and maintain good energy levels.

mosley1990
10-30-2008, 03:53 PM
If you are eating good quality foods like that I would not worry so much about the portions. Just try not to mix a high fat meal with any simple carbohydrats (so if you have steak just make sure that the sides are green beans or broccoli).

Also stay away from high carbs late at night.

Generally what you should focus on is eating moderate meals 5 times per day. This way you can pack in more calories and maintain good energy levels.

I would love to be able to eat 5 meals a day. only thing is its hard to at school. school starts at 8:10. lunch at 11. school ends at 2:55. (i lift last period until about 3:30-4) and i get home at like 4:30. so, its hard to get a chance to eat at school.