PDA

View Full Version : 20 day ALN style bulk.

MattBag
10-31-2008, 12:04 AM
The title may be somewhat decieveing but what it means is that as soon as I get my shipment from ALN I'm going on an extreme 20 day bulk.

using 3 scoops of Nitrean
1 maximus shake
1 Opticen shake

adds up to around 1200 cals
and 150g+ protein

so that in addition to current bulking status in twenty days I expect to gain atleast 5 pounds.

here is a picture on 10/30/08 I expect to be much thicker in 20 days and have a noticble increase in strength I'm doing this mostly to put my body in to shocking my muscles to grow because I've hit a bench plateu and I'm gonna break through it and ad some weight to that.

heres the pic

I'll post details along the way

joey54
10-31-2008, 05:08 AM
Sounds like a lot of time will be spent on the toilet to me.

rbtrout
10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
My thoughts, too.

Lunar Effect
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Great minds...

hellagrant
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
This is interesting. So if you hit a plateau you can do kinda like a super bulk for a short period of time to get over the hurdle?

Best of luck to you. And since you posted a photo of yourself, I am holding you accountable on that 5 lbs.:hello:

40 Nunc
10-31-2008, 11:00 AM
5lbs??? I've put on 20 this month just drinking a gallon of milk everyday in addition to my bulking diet... Hopefully there's a few pounds of muscle under there somewhere or my pants are getting really tight for no good reason - lol!

MattBag
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Well I personally enjoy my time on the toilet. This is going be a long 20 days I should get my stuff today or tomarrow. and we'll see how it goes, I know this pleateu wont be an issue much longer.

MattBag
10-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Walked out the door to see if my package came and sure enough the ups bro was on his way to my door steps lets see how this goes.

berfles
10-31-2008, 03:28 PM
That's extreme? That's less than I make/eat every day. That would be a reprieve for me.

joey54
10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Matt honestly I think you are wasting your time with this drink in one shot. Post your whole diet you were eating while on this plateau. Getting over it might not require such an extreme measure just yet.

joey54
10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
That's extreme? That's less than I make/eat every day. That would be a reprieve for me.

but in one shot do you take in 150 gms of protein?

berfles
11-01-2008, 11:26 AM
but in one shot do you take in 150 gms of protein?

No, I was talking calorie wise.

MattBag
11-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Do you guys think I was taking that all in one drink???? you have to be kidding me that would be insane!

no 1 scoop nitrean in the morning with breakfast eggs most of the time

1 scoop snack between classes

lunch or pre-workout meat,fish or poultry

opticen post workout

Dinner

maximus shake

then 1 nitrean scoop before bed.

I just used the 150g's+ to signify the additional amount of protein being supplemented. So far maximus is hard to go down with milk but nitrean is perfect opticen well I'll have to wait till i use it post workout.

joey54
11-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Do you guys think I was taking that all in one drink???? you have to be kidding me that would be insane!

no 1 scoop nitrean in the morning with breakfast eggs most of the time

1 scoop snack between classes

lunch or pre-workout meat,fish or poultry

opticen post workout

Dinner

maximus shake

then 1 nitrean scoop before bed.

I just used the 150g's+ to signify the additional amount of protein being supplemented. So far maximus is hard to go down with milk but nitrean is perfect opticen well I'll have to wait till i use it post workout.

Yes, it made me think you were going to to drink that all at once, which would be insance. Even spreading it out, you might just want to start out adding a maximus shake. Usually small, incremental calorie increases over a period of time work out in my favor better than drastically upping things right away.

MattBag
11-02-2008, 11:51 PM
well no matter what I'm taking I always have to supplement at least 150 grams of protein because I don't have enough time to cook up chicken breast or eat cottage cheese in between classes. so I basically have protein for breakfast shakes in between and diner with protein and if I stay up late enough that day I'll have anoter meal a few hours before bed before bed. so I can barely squeeze another 100 grams of protein in those meals. so no matter what supplements I'm using I always shoot for 150 grams of supplemented protein. this time nitrean opticen and maximus happen to be my protein stack. if anybody is wondering I'm using cell mass for creatine and super pump for NO. I'm eventually gonna get size on or results.

I must say though I only use super pump once or twice a week and I get long lasting full pumps its my favorite supplement so far.

MattBag
11-04-2008, 08:12 AM
SO far I've been keeping up with things takin my shakes and stuff. Today is heavy legs and some bench work since I'm trying to bench 3 times a week.

Tom Mutaffis
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Benching 3 times per week?

I would scale that back, if you really wanted to you could hit one maximal effort day and one dynamic effort day each week. Focus on training heavy back movements and heavy legs since that is what will release the most hormones and allow you to really build some serious mass!

MattBag
11-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Well I based the 3 times a a week on a few things.

1. I usually only bench twice per week.
2. The up your bench in 30 days calls for benching 3 times a week and slowly moving up in weights
3. one guy did some sort of "sheiko" workout I believe and he benched 3 times a week and his max went up around 30 pounds

just given it a try.
on a side note today I hit bench hit a pr of 230 for 5 reps
and hit a pr on the squat of 245 which is huge because only a few weeks back did I pick up squats again
and same with deads I picked those up again and i hit a pr of 225 after a 3 year break.

only considering them prs since I haven't done that lift in a while.

but today was just dips, squats, bench, and some power cleans. along with a few laps around the gym and some crunches to get me warmed up before lifting.

And so far I want to thank Opticen for giving me one hell of a recovery after that work out today. I recover fast but never this fast.

MattBag
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Today I used opticen as a meal replacement which tasted great with water!! but that was before deciding that I am gonna hit back and biceps . I plan on setting a new pr in deadlifting it was a week and a half ago that I hit 225 I wanna shoot for 245 and see if I can hit that and try to build some lower back size with this bulk too.

So far seeing me hit 230x5 yesterday has already been a big improvement and I still have a good 2 weeks left on this shock bulk and I plan on coninuing bulking until around febuary or mid january.

ZenMonkey
11-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree with Tom. To get the most out of this bulk you need to focus some serious attention to back and legs. The benching should come along it you keep it the same as it was before the plateau. The caloric increase should take care of your bench problem, if not then you need to troubleshoot your sticking points better. For example, rather than benching 3x a week go back to 2x a week and add in some accessory work or DE.

MattBag
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Well I've been bulking for a while before I realized that my bench wasn't going up over a period of about 3 months so adding maximus and even more calories and one more bench day per week was my best guess as how to break this bench plateau.

I mostly switched to the 3 days because of Chris' up your bench in 30 days guide calls for 3 times a week.

anybody else think I should keep it at 3 or go back down to 2. recovery has not been an issue for me ever so it all depends on what would be best from a muscle building stand point.

ZenMonkey
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I think there are better ways to break through a plateau than huge caloric surplus and benching 3x a week, but its you and your body. :)

Cards
11-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I reread through here a few times, how long have you been at a plateau on the bench?

berfles
11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
My bench is stuck again too, but I have a few things I'm going to try in the next couple of weeks that usually gets me going again. My deads and squats both up up 5lbs a week, but my damn bench being stuck pisses me off so bad.

Cards
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I personally believe that consistency is the key and that the bench goes up significantly slower than other lifts. Just keep at it.

berfles
11-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I can usually add 5lbs every other week though, when I spend almost a month on the same weight without really getting any more reps in my 5x5 I think it needs to be addressed.

The first time I was stuck at repping 205 for awhile and 225 for weeks. Eventually I did something right and started going up again, and now I'm stuck at repping 245. I thought I broke out of it last week because I got a total of 3 more reps in my 5x5, but this week I fell right back to where I was and had a ****ty night again.

MattBag
11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Well so far I'm just gonna keep working and I'll let you know if it does work of course I want to take your advice because thats what I'm asking for but in 5 days of the maximus shakes and opticen I am recovering quickly and I did actually blow away my deadlifts.

a week and ahalf ago I hit 225 today I warmed up and went for 255 it was ugly as hell and then I corrected my form and hit 275!!! a 50 pound increase in deads.
I'm sure its from muscle memory because I did deadlift alot back in the day just with the hex bars and never a straight bar same with squatting the machines we used were to much easier on the shoulders than the striaght bars so now I'm power lifting the real way and setting pr's every day.

cphafner
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I really don't get this. How much differ do you expect to be in 3 weeks? This sport isn't a sprint. You need to just stick with a diet and routine and be patient. Are you following a similar rep range to Chris' program?

MattBag
11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
The Idea of this was to use Atlarge's products to help break through a plateau over the course of 3 weeks I was already taking in more calories than maintenance for a while and I still wasn't getting bigger so chaning my supplements and adding a weight gainer I expected to break through my plateau in this short time and then contiune with a steady paced bulk.

I've been lifting for a while and understand that one of the key elements is time and patience but a 3 month bench plateau does not fly by me and a large increase in cals along with benching more often should be the formula that will help me get through this. If it does work all the power to me if not atleast i know my deads and squats are going up.

MattBag
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
So far despite the increased eating and mass gainers... well not a significant increase in body fat so far this bulk has not lead to increased gut fat and is continously giving me stregth I'm gonna take a couple days off and have a huge day On tuesday.

MattBag
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I decided to extend the bulking phase by ordering more from ALN. I got the mass stack and added RESULTS. SO this bulking phase will go on well into december and I plan on destroying that bench plateau and expect to blow away an other current max.

cphafner
11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I was already taking in more calories than maintenance for a while and I still wasn't getting bigger so chaning my supplements

Are you sure you were besting your maintenance levels? If you weren't gaining weight, then you weren't really eating above maintenance.

MattBag
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Well my asumption would be that I was eating more than matainence but just barely more so the weight gainer has been helpful so far and I've increased to 1 and a half maximus shakes per day as of today.

cphafner
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Well my asumption would be that I was eating more than matainence but just barely more so the weight gainer has been helpful so far and I've increased to 1 and a half maximus shakes per day as of today.

Do you track your calories? I'm all for ALN. I just drank a maximus shake, but I think you need to get back to basics. You need to be certain you are eating more than your maintenance. Without tracking you are just making assumptions and possibly wasting your time and money.

MattBag
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I know for sure I'm going over. I usually count calories for when I cut so I have a pretty good idea of how much I'm taking in when I bulk. It truly is a very simple idea eat lift rest. to get big eat more to get small eat less.

for anybody that wants to critique my diet I'll post mine now.

breakfast: 3 egg omelet with plenty of cheese and ham along with 3 sausage links and 2 scoops of nitrean with milk
snack: Opticen shake
pre dinner Maximus shake with just water
1/3lb burger with cheese and an egg
couple hours later 2 bowls of oatmeal with milk and a combination shake of 3 scoops maximus 1 scoop opticen and one scoop nitrean.

that's similar to what I eat most days somtimes i squeeze in mcdonalds mcchickens and stuff I shouldn't eat but that was at least today.

MattBag
11-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Ok rested 3 days from any lifting at all and I'm gonna hit the gym hard to today and hit a max on bench hopefully I'll hit 270 today which is a big number for me because I've been stuck on 265 for over 5 months so we'll see what happens.

cphafner
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm just estimating, but that looks like 3500 or 3600. At your weight that is a very light bulk diet.

MattBag
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Yep I believe its around 3650. But any time I bulk the excess food goes straight to my gut and is rarely translated into any muscle gains. but I swear I hit 270 today in the gym it was great down and up and racking it got tough so my gf helped rack it and there it was broke through my plateau now I'm shooting for 285 by my 19th birthday december 5th with the addition of results for a month I'll do it in no time.

MattBag
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and post my diet for the day just so you guys can take another look at what I eat.

in the morning I had 2 scoops of nitrean with milk roughly 330 cals
with 3 egg omelet with cheese and ham which adds up to around 800 cals cause I loaded it with cheese
opticen shake post work out 370 grams
subway sandwhich 12'' club which adds to 700 plus a chicken breast and condiments adding up to 900 cals
a maximus shake 600 cals
for diner I had tilapia with potatoes with cheese and bacon, rice, a ceaser salad, chicken breast with cheese and garlic bread. hmm around maybe 1100 cals
2 bowls of cereal with milk (captin crunch PB) 470 cals
and shortly after a 3/5 maximus 1/3 opticen and 1 scoop nitrean for a toatl of 590

close to 5200 cals....

tell me thats not enough and I will cry beacuse my gut is as full as it has been in a long time. and for some reason I can't stop pissing every 2 hours and its clear hydrated or what?? but with the sugar content in results it will be roughly an additional 300 calories making this bulk a little bit less harsh on my colon.

rbtrout
11-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Except for the high sugar content in the Cap'n Crunch, it looks pretty good. If you eat like that every day, you'll gain. You'll get some on your mid-section, for sure, that's just the way (weigh?) of it.
I'm bulking, as well and doing it a bit differently. On training days, I'm hitting 5000 cals per day. Non-training days, I'm only hitting about 4400 per day. Obviously, I'm not putting on weight as quickly as I could, but the 5 pounds I've put on hasn't been on the gut, yet. The eating season is upon us, though.

You want to add some easy cals to your diet without being that much more full? Mix your shakes with milk (even lowfat) and not water. 2 cups of most low fat milk is another 260 cals.

MattBag
11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm also gonna start adding another extra large egg to my routine morning omelet for a couple extra cals. but I have school from 1-7 mondays and wednesdays so its really tough to have a decent meal in between my classes thats why I only have time to grab a opticen shake. maybe I'll swing by mcdonals in between one of my classes for a couple double cheeses.

MattBag
11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
well i did ad that extra egg todayand also some toast with a bit of cinamion sugar. alogn with the normal 2 scoops of nitrean with milk and just over an hour later i made a true bass shake which tastes amazing which is another 600 cals to add to the diet. I'll have my meal replacement in a few hours after my class around 2:30 then a have a test then i'll go home and eat around 3:50 and then back to school till I lift tonight. back and biceps...

MattBag
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Okay guys I've been bulking may ass off this last week and I just want to say in the last two weeks I have officially added 90 pounds to my max deadlift. THe most amazing thing I have done in lifting to date. went from 225 one week to 275 the next up to 315. MY form has NEVER been better. when I hit 465 my sophomore year it felt good but those damn hex bars suck. I feel like 5 times more manly doing the olympic style than that pussy hex bar. none the less my coaches told me it was a dead lift and for a sophomore that was pretty impressive.

Anyway I'm chugging my second trumass shake for the day and will eventually have another maximus, opticen, nitrean combo and some cearal before I hit the hay. But this has been my biggest day in lifting since I've began I want to hit 315 squat soon and that 285 bench goal that I have been longing for.

MattBag
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Just for my own personal refrence I'm posting my diet for the day.

2 scoops nitrean with milk and 4 egg omlelt extra cheese and ham and toast with butter and cinamon 1400 for break fast
a bit later a true mass shake 600 cals
couple hours later opticen 375 cals
half a subway BMT sandwhich added some lite mayo and italian dressing 650
with a maximus shake 600
ate 2 mcdonalds snake wraps with grilled chicken.. if I had to guess maybe 500 cals?
one more true mass shake after my work out 600
drank some iced tea in between that and my late night diner so add 200 more cals
huge bowl of cereal asuming 500 cals
and a before bed shake which I'm currently enjoying about 550.

total rounds up to 6000!!!! just for that I'll be fat and cheat and eat another bit of cereal.... HONEY bunches of oats.

the last three days I have consumed a total of 6000 cals over matainence I feel fat as **** probably because that equates to almost 2 pounds of added mass. Muscle or fat not sure but my pants sure have got tight as hell over the course of the last few weeks.

MattBag
11-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I honestly do not think I can come up with the eating power i had the last few days. I am literally exausted from eating.. I'll see wht I can stuff myself with today.

MattBag
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
My workout today wasn't to impressive. I warmed up on the bench doing:
the bar x 12
135x10
185x10
225x5 with the thick bar then moved to a smaller bench and thin bar
here i started to adjust my form a little I arched my back tucked in my legs and expanded my chest.
I hit 225 for another 5
225x 5
225x4(got nervous and didn't want to drop it on me like i did last week)
225x4+1(racked for 2 seconds then pounded out one more)

either saturday or sunday I'm gonna finally try to complete my 225 5x5 a few days back i did complete a set of 230 x5 which was awesome but I did have a spotter for that and I didn't warm up as much for that. either way I'm gonna bulk it out for a few more weaks or until i don't fit in my comfort waist pants.

then did soem tricep extensions
overhead DB press
then some dips and then lift
I have work today so I didn't have alot of time to workout to long or hard.

I'll post how the rest of my diet for the day goes.

MattBag
11-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Still no RESULTS yet I figure it will be here by tonight or or tomarrow morning. but besides that all I can say is that I am sore. For the first time in a while I am sore. My honest opinion is that its cause I stopped taking cellmass to give my kidneys soem time to rest before starting more creatine. and my stomach still feels full from the last few days but I had some cereal to jumpstart my appitite then I'm gonna go for my usual morning omelet this time with a side of cotage cheese and toast. I love breakfast.

MattBag
11-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I ate when I could yesterday. other than that I finally got my package and am overwhelemed by the amount of product that I have. So I'm gonna have to up it to like two full maximus shakes.

MattBag
11-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I went in the gym today just to get some blood flowing since I haven't lifted since thursday and my next big day is tuesday. so I said what the hell why not bring in my little sister and I'll just get a pump going well. I ended up doing one of the best bench workouts in my life I'lll out line it
bar x 10
135x10
then this next set happened to be a PR
225x8!!!!! I hit 7 back a while ago using only half rom but this was a full 8 reps
225x6
225x5
225x5
then I rested about 3 minutes...
225x6

thursday I struggled to hit 225 for even 5 but I did take results yesterday and today so It could be the fact that I'm using monohydrate since I haven't used any other creatine other than ethyl ester in a long time. but none the less if I can hit 225 for 12 reps in a few weeks I can walk out of the gym every day knowing that this has been the most sucsessful bulk I've ever been on.

however I was using the back arch method to day and I either have a severe pain or I'm just sore from arching I hope I'll be ok but now I must take opticen.

MattBag
11-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I just had another one of the usual breakfasts; eggs cottage cheese regular cheese nitrean milk 1 1/2 scoops of RESULTS. and I might grab a mass shake before I head off to school. So far besides for my back pain things have been going well and I'll keep on bulking till I get to big for my civic.

MattBag
11-18-2008, 08:11 AM
20 days is just about up and I'll post the results on thursday. I do plan to continue with the bulk but at a much slower pace.