PDA

View Full Version : Ud 2.0

ZenMonkey
11-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Anyone do UD2.0 w/o doing the split? Im assuming its just a guideline.

UD2.0 Is just a ketogenic diet, right?

deeder
11-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Buy the book Zen. It's not just a guideline. The program is actually part of the diet. You get to refeed every week because of the way you are training and dieting. I worked it around my training, followed it for about a month and honestly didn't see very good results, then life got in the way and I decided to just stay fat haha

ZenMonkey
11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
yea, the more I read about it the more I think I should just buy it, so I probably will and give it a try.

deeder
11-01-2008, 09:31 PM
yea, the more I read about it the more I think I should just buy it, so I probably will and give it a try.

It's worth the money even if you don't end up following it exactly.

Progress
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
It's worth the money even if you don't end up following it exactly.

I agree. Lyle McDonald is to diet as Mark Rippetoe is to training.

deeder
11-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I agree. Lyle McDonald is to diet as Mark Rippetoe is to training.

Oh for ****'s sake.

Progress
11-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh for ****'s sake.

Oh don't get all high and mighty. I'm speaking in generalities.

deeder
11-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh don't get all high and mighty. I'm speaking in generalities.

High and mighty? The only generality you are speaking in is generally repeating what you've heard around the forums. (*** Dude, if you say Rippetoe, people will think you know what you're talking about and think you're cool!!! ***)

I'm just sick of all the people around here that have boners for Rippetoe. I'm sure I've said it before, but accessory work is IMPORTANT!

Don't work the biceps directly? Ok, have fun with that elbow tendonitis because your triceps overpower your biceps and have fun tearing a bicep while deadlifting.

Don't work your calves? Yeah, if you want to have skinny calves your whole life! If you're squatting on your heals like you should, when are your calves being worked?!

Everyone around here loves Rhodes and his McDonalds diet... So, ask him if he does accessory work. I bet my left nut that he'll say yes, I do accessory work, how the **** else does someone get strong, healthy and address weaknesses?

Rippetoe knows his **** when it comes to form. THAT'S IT! His instructional videos that I've seen were great. But he IS NOT a training God! I am so sick of hearing about Rippetoe this, Rippetoe that!

Wanna be a bodybuilder? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a powerlifter? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a triathlete? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a MMA fighter? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a marathon runner? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Chubrock
11-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Damn Deeder, what the hell crawled up your ass?

deeder
11-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Rippetoe.

markdk86
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Everytime someone mentions Mark Rippetoe, I have to change my underwear.

WillNoble
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM

someone needs to give him a hug...

I nominate Ben

Progress
11-03-2008, 06:08 AM
High and mighty? The only generality you are speaking in is generally repeating what you've heard around the forums. (*** Dude, if you say Rippetoe, people will think you know what you're talking about and think you're cool!!! ***)

The generality I was speaking of is that each is a relatively commonly known source of knowledge in their "field" as it were. If I'm repeating anything, it's coincidental. I have and have read UD2. I've researched SS and watched dozens of videos of Rippetoe instructing people.

Basically, I'm saying that if you want to know anything about how your body works and deals with macro nutrients, I'll point you in the direction of McDonald. If you want to know how to squat, bench, DL with proper form, read Rippetoe.

I'm not saying that everyone should drop what they're doing and do SS. I'm also not saying there is a science that backs up Rippetoe as there is with McDonald. I'm simply expressing that each is noteworthy in their respective specialty.

Unreal
11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
UD2.0 is not a keto diet but a CKD. Keto for about 4 days out of the week then a carb load. You really have to read the book. Buy it and enjoy.

Hephaestus
11-04-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm just sick of all the people around here that have boners for Rippetoe. I'm sure I've said it before, but accessory work is IMPORTANT!

Don't work the biceps directly? Ok, have fun with that elbow tendonitis because your triceps overpower your biceps and have fun tearing a bicep while deadlifting.

Don't work your calves? Yeah, if you want to have skinny calves your whole life! If you're squatting on your heals like you should, when are your calves being worked?!

Everyone around here loves Rhodes and his McDonalds diet... So, ask him if he does accessory work. I bet my left nut that he'll say yes, I do accessory work, how the **** else does someone get strong, healthy and address weaknesses?

Rippetoe knows his **** when it comes to form. THAT'S IT! His instructional videos that I've seen were great. But he IS NOT a training God! I am so sick of hearing about Rippetoe this, Rippetoe that!

Wanna be a bodybuilder? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a powerlifter? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a triathlete? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a MMA fighter? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Wanna be a marathon runner? Rippetoe's Starting Strength is for you.

Holy crap thanks for saying that. It seems every time a mistake is made in weight training and is corrected, the very opposite "correct way" garners a cult following and is the pinnacle of training. Do not forgot that the path to success in this game has many roads.

beaverfootball
11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
i enjoyed the UD2.0 diet.. the book is a must. i felt that i saw some good results and im not even in the BF range that lyle suggest you be in to start the diet.

joeycrack_au
11-05-2008, 05:20 AM
near impossible to do without reading the book beforehand, best you buy the thing.

KingWilder
11-09-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm starting this back up tomorrow

yay depletion...not

not to sound like an echo of everyone else, but you should def. READ the book (note I said read, not buy....if you have any internet skills at all you can find it online)

also, if you didn't know already, www.bodyrecomposition.com

if you have any questions check there first

Notorious
11-09-2008, 11:06 AM

When did Rippetoe ever say you can't do accessory work? :confused:

And from what I understand, the UD2.0 split (or something similar) is an essential part of the program.