PDA

View Full Version : When is a good time to stop

Whuditdew
11-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I need to take two weeks were I fast and do not meet my calorie marker meaning I will not be lifting during this time. I have been doing starting strength for three weeks, how much longer should I go on before taking this break.

[R_H]
11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I need to take two weeks were I fast and do not meet my calorie marker meaning I will not be lifting during this time. I have been doing starting strength for three weeks, how much longer should I go on before taking this break.

You mean a cutting phase?

deeder
11-02-2008, 11:27 AM
So why won't you be lifting? I don't get it?

AJ_H
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM
So why won't you be lifting? I don't get it?

he's fasting for religious reasons probably so he doesn't feel he will get the right nutrition to lift during the fornight.

joelhall
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM
i dont understand what youre asking???surely train as normal til you fast. will you only be fasting during daylight?

Whuditdew
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I am asking if it is better to get farther into starting strength before I start fasting (like 5 weeks in) or does it not matter if I just stop and start fasting now?

joelhall
11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
now im confused... if this is religious can you choose when you fast?

why exactly will you be fasting?

kjd2121
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a body cleanse to me. Not sure - WTF???

When you post a question, please try to anticipate the followup questions and include that info in your post. In other words, learn to write!!

Oh yeah, EAT MORE.

powerboy93
11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
even if you fast... who cares? unless you fast 24/7.. i am sure theres a few hrs you can load up on food. load up on high calorie dense food.

joelhall
11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds like a body cleanse to me. Not sure - WTF???

2 weeks starvation? :D

seriously though i wonder if you really need to ask half these things. for the love of god its just lifting & eating, thats all there is to it. until youve gained 40lbs dont worry about the nitty-gritty details. youll just end up confused & pissed off. if youre not gonna eat for 2 weeks then dont train.

problem solved.

rbtrout
11-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Whuditdew - I don't think it will really matter, too much. Problems with fasting, you could get light-headed, while not even lifting. I don't know how safe that would be. Frankly, if you can do it whenever you'd like, just bite the bullet and get it over with. Once your 2 weeks are up, just start SS over again and get back to it.

Geeek
11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Hmmmmmm

Whuditdew
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Whuditdew - I don't think it will really matter, too much. Problems with fasting, you could get light-headed, while not even lifting. I don't know how safe that would be. Frankly, if you can do it whenever you'd like, just bite the bullet and get it over with. Once your 2 weeks are up, just start SS over again and get back to it.

Thank you for the response.

My question was not that difficult, you guys don't have to freak out because I don't tell you why I am fasting (which is irrelevant anyways).

Notorious
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM

My question was not that difficult, you guys don't have to freak out because I don't tell you why I am fasting (which is irrelevant anyways).

The problem is you did not specify what the fast entails. We don't really care why you're fasting.

40 Nunc
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Damn you're obnoxious...

bschatz88
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't suggest lifting during your fast, especially once you're 2-3 days into it.

Just take a break from lifting and get back at it once your fast is over. It will be just fine.

Whuditdew
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
The problem is you did not specify what the fast entails. We don't really care why you're fasting.

Once again this is irrelevant. I will not be lifting when I am doing this fast. Period.

RhodeHouse
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Whutitdo - this post was a waste of everyone's time who posted back trying to help you out. If you're gonna be a douche, don't post. These guys tried to understand what you were asking and what your fast entailed so they could give you their best opinions on what to do, and you were a douche. You ask for free advice and then respond with a piss poor attitude.

40 Nunc
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Whutitdo - this post was a waste of everyone's time who posted back trying to help you out. If you're gonna be a douche, don't post. These guys tried to understand what you were asking and what your fast entailed so they could give you their best opinions on what to do, and you were a douche. You ask for free advice and then respond with a piss poor attitude.

My thoughts exactly!

Whuditdew
11-04-2008, 08:49 PM

What my fast "entails" has nothing to do with my question and therefore I am not going to explain. I'm sorry if I dislike people being rude (requesting personal information) and disregarding my question.

Painzer
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
There is nothing personal about what the fast entailed. No one asked WHY you were doing it. But to answer your question (which was very poorly worded in the first place) you have to give more information.

Are you fasting 24 hours per day? During the day only? Can you hydrate with anything other than water? Will you be taking any supplements instead?

Things like that.

Whuditdew
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
There is nothing personal about what the fast entailed. No one asked WHY you were doing it. But to answer your question (which was very poorly worded in the first place) you have to give more information.

Are you fasting 24 hours per day? During the day only? Can you hydrate with anything other than water? Will you be taking any supplements instead?

Things like that.

If you are uneducated a true fast only includes water. If I was going to allow anything else I would have been more specific.

AJ_H
11-06-2008, 03:02 PM
If you are uneducated a true fast only includes water. If I was going to allow anything else I would have been more specific.

ummm ... no. Muslims actually eat when the sun is down when they fast.

40 Nunc
11-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Whuditdew - you're obnoxious and don't deserve the advice of the good people on this forum that offer you the knowledge you request. You insult someone every time you post a respose in EVERY thread you've posted. Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't been banned due to your lack of respect for the other members here...

deeder
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Wait... So you're going to take 2 weeks where you drink only water and don't eat anything at all? There's a word for that... and it's not 'fasting'.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with 'a' and ends with 'norexia'.

deeder
11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Whuditdew - you're obnoxious and don't deserve the advice of the good people on this forum that offer you the knowledge you request. You insult someone every time you post a respose in EVERY thread you've posted. Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't been banned due to your lack of respect for the other members here...

I honestly don't think that's a rule anymore...