pK9oZj2XWrs
Snathc 155
RkslJjD0Fl4
Snatch 135x2
vSm1C41djv4

Breathing Squats
Not supposed to be recording in the gym. Its 185 not 175 too
68OLJcvFxSs

Criticism Wanted! I already see many things I need to work on.

Chris Rodgers
11-02-2008, 12:30 PM
My form on Olympic lifts sucks, but from what I do know it looks like you aren't catching either lift even close to low enough. Almost like you are just muscling them up instead of dropping under it. And then the jerks looked more like split push presses. That being said, if I did them and posted videos it would be much worse...even with less weight, lol.

And I think you need to bump the weight on those squats. After a set of 20 breathing squats you shouldn't be walking, let alone talking. :tuttut: :evillaugh:

ZenMonkey
11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
My form on Olympic lifts sucks, but from what I do know it looks like you aren't catching either lift even close to low enough. Almost like you are just muscling them up instead of dropping under it. And then the jerks looked more like split push presses. That being said, if I did them and posted videos it would be much worse...even with less weight, lol.

And I think you need to bump the weight on those squats. After a set of 20 breathing squats you shouldn't be walking, let alone talking. :tuttut: :evillaugh:

Thanks brotha man! You are exactly right, I guess im power cleaning em up. I could get more if I was more apt to drop under the bar. Working on it for sure. And you are right, its a split jerk. I need more expliosivity and need to drop under that more too. Next full oly day is strictly form and Ill be seeing my coach as well.

I agree on the squats. I just modestly bumped the poundage up from last time (175>>> 185). Last time @ 175, I had to lie on the ground for about 10 minutes, I guess my GPP is just a bit better. Heavier for sure though!! :shoot:

Really appericiate the feedback!

CleverName
11-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Clean and jerk:

Back needs more arching a the start.. uncomfortably arched
More tightness
Elbows bend WAYYYYYYY too early
Zero shrug?! At least it looks that way
Needs more jump
You seem to be almost be "flipping" it onto your delt with your arms
Dip is slow
So is jerk, needs more aggression
Split feet much further apart
Stay in your jerk stance till you're stable

Snatch:

More arch/tightness again
Needs a lot more second jump

Just take a good look at all the single movements for these lifts and you'll see yourself improve.. at least you're doing them though, sort of!

Patz
11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not saying it's "wrong," but the speed of your descent with regard to your depth makes my knees cringe. I had to shut the squat video off after about 8 reps.

Think "reversing a door hinge."

I'm no expert on form on any of this stuff. I've just read some pseudo-intelligent things about squatters with large calves, and the resulting pressure applied to the knees when calves meet thighs inan ATF style squat. I do it, but I generally stop before my calves touch, specifically for this reason.