PDA

View Full Version : Meal Replacement

acfalcon
11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I am going to be doing a lot of traveling, and am trying to keep up my gains. Because of the traveling I don't often have time to get a great full meal when needed, so I am having to resort to shakes. Can someone give me some suggestions of some brands of premade shakes that I can order that have some different flavors that are atleast halfway decent? I'm not a picky eater but I don't want something a dog won't even eat. Thanks for any suggestions.

ACFalcon

bass slayer
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Try some of the products that At Large Nutrition has to offer. Also you can go to any GNC location and get something from them if you prefer. for brands its pretty self explanitory, just get something to match what results you want.

MattBag
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Alot of those usally contain high amounts og sugar so if you are watchin your weight watch out for those. muscle milke RTDs taste really good and have low carbs.

AJL11
11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I mix EAS 100% whey with dry oats and chug it.....Good quality kcals.... very cheap......

Tom Mutaffis
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
There are a few good RTD's out there, although Muscle Milk is not one that I would suggest based on Price and macros unless you are just looking for quick calories.

I would recommend Labrada Lean Body RTD's, EAS Myoplex, Isopure, and Pure Protein Shakes. Pure Protein will probably be the best value out there and ABB also makes a similar product. There is another shake that I tried once because I got a case for about $15 and it was 52 grams of protein, 9 grams carbs, and some MCT's - but I don't recall the name and haven't seen them around in a while. HDT also makes pro-blend 55 in a bottle and you just add water, these were on clearance at Vitamin Shoppe a little while ago.

Honestly I would just get a couple of shaker cups and buy powders then keep them in ziploc bags. This will be much more cost effective and you can get much better quality nutrition this way. Even if you have to throw out a shaker once a week if you are drinking 1-2 shakes everyday it is well worth it.

For powders I would suggest Nitrean - it is easy on the stomach, literally mixes with a spoon, and tastes very good.