PDA

View Full Version : What happens if I continue to eat 3500

muscled
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
calories a day as I keep lifting over the years? Will my body gradually morph into a lean muscled machine or will I always have a gut? is it necessary to bulk then cut or can you simply eat and workout and eventually look like a bodybuilder. I have no aspirations of competing but I want to look like a Stallone/Rocky type. Is this posisble without drugs and with solid eating?

I eat 3500 cals daily, mostly meat.

smalls
11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
What does the average person at your gym look like. Do they pay attention to their diet or do they just eat basically the same and lift consistently. "If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal"--Severed Ties.

IMO, diet is the biggest difference in most people who make progress towards their goals and the other 98% of people who just spin their pathetic wheels.

If you want to gain any significant amount of muscle you must eat more than you burn. If you want to get leaner than your body naturally maintains you must eat less calories than your burn, period. There is a reason very few people actually look impressive.

Tom Mutaffis
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Muscled - You can keep yourself at a maintenance calorie level while building muscle and lowering bodyfat, but the changes will not be as drastic as someone who is on a restricted diet or purposely bulking and then "cutting".

As Smalls said, this will take discipline and if you want to improve your lean mass then you need to make sure that you are eating clean utilizing dietary supplements when needed.

muscled
11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. So I guess I have to deal with a bit of a gut in order to put on 20 lbs of muscle and then simply cut off the fat. Oh well. Wife won't like that but I want those big guns.