PDA

View Full Version : Squats, attempt #2

Painzer
11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok, so I took the advice in my last thread (or, I think so) and I did some more squats today.

Here is the updated vid. The things I feel like I changed.

I slowed my descent, tried to make it more controlled and exploded up.

I set up under the bar while unracking it, lifting with the hips.

I wore different shoes, no support (wrestling shoes)

and I tried to get a little more depth (although on my 225 set, I don't look low enough).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Here is the new (today)

icRaFVtLyvg

And here is the old for comparison

qObIPAbaZs8

Chubrock
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
They're looking pretty good. About the only thing I see at first glance is that your chest closes up a bit as the weight gets heavier. Try and draw your elbows under a bit more and get the chest up as high as possible, much how you would be if you were very pround and bowing the chest out.

Jorge Sanchez
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Looks good to me too. You could probably still be a bit tighter when you unrack, but it's a huge improvement from last time. I'd say you're still a tiny bit high on that last set too. Overall everything looks really good and strong. Keep up the good work.

Reko
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
your last set was noticeably higher than your first few

Painzer
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks good to me too. You could probably still be a bit tighter when you unrack, but it's a huge improvement from last time. I'd say you're still a tiny bit high on that last set too. Overall everything looks really good and strong. Keep up the good work.

I noticed my last set was a little high. I don't know why I did that. Maybe I was getting tired.

Reko
11-04-2008, 08:22 PM
most people tend to do that as it gets heavier.

Painzer
11-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah, but my depth was fine last week at 225... just with worse form...

pert121
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
The worse form probably allowed you to go lower, when you stay strict with your form, everything is harder. Its fine, improving your form is more important, keep at it and you will be moving 225 with good form for reps!

Ryan Celli
11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
i think they look good.

CleverName
11-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Needs to stay tighter.. breathe in deep and hold it.