PDA

View Full Version : Are there dangers in using a bench shirt?

mosley1990
11-08-2008, 12:47 PM
My mom refuses to let me buy a bench shirt b/c she says they are dangerous. Just wanted to see if there are any danger in using one?

Lones Green
11-08-2008, 12:59 PM
what does your mom know about shirted benching? LOL

in many ways, they are safer than raw benching. the purpose of the first shirts made was to protect from injury. you will see a lot less shoulder injuries with shirted vs raw.

Travis Bell
11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
what does your mom know about shirted benching? LOL

agreed.

Of course there are dangers. Same as there are dangers with raw benching.

mosley1990
11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
she "researched" and said she found that they were dangerous. just wanted some of your opinions.

RhodeHouse
11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
My parents refused to let me play football. So, when it came time to sign up for fall sports, I signed up for football and didn't say a word. When fall practice started, they would ask how practice was going. I wouild say, "Good." When it came time for them to come watch a game, I told them when and where. You can imagine their surprise to see me on the football field.

My point? Don't ask your mom. Order it yourself. If you can post on the internet, you can order a bench shirt. And, don't cry about using a credit card. Go to the bank and get a bank check to place your order. If you want a shirt, get one.

MPB
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
That's a nice story Rhode. I have a story that's similar to yours and I'd like to share it also. My parents didn't let me wrestle in high school and if I wrestled, they said they would not give me a ride home after practice. I just told 'em "I don't care I'll just walk home." So for the whole season I walked home freezing my ass (snow/rain/wind) off in winter. It took about 50 minutes to walk home from school after every practice with a gym bag that had wrestling equipments and school stuff in it, and the bag was fairly heavy to carry but I actually enjoyed it.

Ryano
11-08-2008, 03:36 PM
My wife didn't want me to skydive until she found out my life insurance covered it. Then she said, "if you do it, do it right. I don't want to be pushing you around in a wheelchair." I made about 600+ jumps before I quit. Buy the shirt. Your shoulders will thankyou, even if you mother doesn't. Just make sure you have competent spotters.

elitepler
11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
the danger is in the dumps. They can happen extremely fast both towards your stomach and towards your face. As long you bench in a power rack with safety bars set so the bar stops right at the tip of your nose or have good spotters then it is no more dangerous than raw benching.

Eric Downey
11-08-2008, 07:22 PM
no dangers as long as you use a spooter when benching.

AdamBAG
11-09-2008, 07:37 AM
1) Are you going to compete? If not, then you don't need a shirt.
2) Mama said "don't get a tattoo of Roy Orbison on your ass," but what mama doesn't know won't hurt her.

smokinHawk
11-09-2008, 09:42 AM
i about passed out last week trying to get it to touch, this week wasnt as bad though.
also i popped a blood vessel in my eye last week, and was all spotted above my next, and have allot of red marks on my.

but ya bench shirts are cool