PDA

View Full Version : Effects of Hot Tubs..

Cricket_Fire
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
What kind of affects on strength/recovery would a hottub have? Any at all? For some reason I think this is good for recovery, but Im not sure if this is real, or something I just made up in my head because theyre so relaxing haha

Ryano
11-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I have a hot tub at home. I'm in it 3-4 x week, but I really don't think it helps any with recovery. It make's the joints feel good for about 1/2 to 1 hour after. What the hell, if it feels good, do it!

ZenMonkey
11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Yea, I dont have anything to back this up but I think it might do something worthwhile if it loosens all of your muscles and lets yourself really relax. I dont think there would be any actual recovery since that is more physiological.

minotaur70
11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
check out this article on it:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/recovery_accelerants.htm

RhodeHouse
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
A hot tub will help recovery. It promotes blood flow, especially to the extremities. Blood flow will help promote recovery. The better choice would be some type of contrats. Either ice tubs and hot tubs or contrats showers. Super hot water for about 3 minutes followed by super cold freeze your balls off water for about 1 minute. Repeat until you're tired of it. Finish with cold unless you're going to bed soon after.

bigbadwolfe
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
It promotes blood flow, especially to the extremities.

Yep especially if there is a Hot Chic in there with ya :)

Hahaha just messing, I'm totally hooked on using a hot tub as much as possible. I got some real good arthritits in my knees and ankles and trust me it helps with that also.

Cricket_Fire
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Ah awsome, so I wasn't just imagining it was good :D

I've been doing contrast showers lately, but figured if hot tubbing was good for it aswell, there's just one more excuse to go in ;)