PDA

View Full Version : Hmm can I drop 7%BF without cardio ?

EMan
04-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I have cardio. I truly do. I was wondering with proper diet and workout, is it possible to drop like 7-10%BF (from 22%) without doing any cardio but staying active ? (I go to the gym to workout, play basketball and tennis).

Also, considering HIIT cardio, wouldn't basketball be the same thing? After all it's a combination of sprinting and jogging.

Let me know on your opinions. Thx

Paul Stagg
04-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Yes.

devhuman
04-02-2002, 02:30 PM
I'd guess yes... diet is going to play a big role.

Neil
04-02-2002, 04:48 PM
yes, diet and resistance train.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Yes. I did it.

EMan
04-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Maki can you please provide me with some insight on how you acheived that ? Thanks.

the_hall
04-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Isn't the best way to lose bodyfat a ckd diet? I dont think you are supposed to do cardio on a ckd. it is better not to if you want to retain muscle.

BCC
04-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Can easily be done with diet.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Yes. I did it.

*** As most will agree, it came through clean and constant eating habits. I also used a ECA stack as well.
It was hard but I did it.
My carbs wre at 150 grams
Protein at 300 grams
fat at 65 grams

The ratios changed as I progressed.
The hard part is knowing when to change your ratios around.

Brahms
04-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Come one! You cannot be serious! 7%?! You want to lose 7% bf w/o cardio?! And do it all through dieting? Good luck, buddy!

Seriously though, you cannot possibly lose 7% bf on diet alone in any measurable amount of time. That would literally take you a full year if you tried to do it without cardio! I'm serious! There is no way that a human being can lose 7% bf w/o cardio within 1 year unless they are 400 pounds of lard to begin with or are taking some gear!

Alex.V
04-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Brahms- 7% bodyfat for me would be 15 and a half pounds of fat. That's not a huge amount of weight!

It's very possible to do. Cardio does not do anything for fat loss that dieting and lifting cannot do.

Lettuce Face
04-03-2002, 12:02 AM
Get hooked on cocaine or heroin for about a month. It should bring your weight down quite a bit.

EMan
04-03-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Lettuce Face
Get hooked on cocaine or heroin for about a month. It should bring your weight down quite a bit.

Hmm i've looked into that but the negatives far outnumber the positives. =(

Paul Stagg
04-03-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Brahms
Come one! You cannot be serious! 7%?! You want to lose 7% bf w/o cardio?! And do it all through dieting? Good luck, buddy!

Seriously though, you cannot possibly lose 7% bf on diet alone in any measurable amount of time. That would literally take you a full year if you tried to do it without cardio! I'm serious! There is no way that a human being can lose 7% bf w/o cardio within 1 year unless they are 400 pounds of lard to begin with or are taking some gear!

Of course you can do it without cardio.

IceRgrrl
04-03-2002, 07:39 AM
You can probably do it without cardio, but a little cardio probably wouldn't hurt, esp if it's involves some activity that you *like* to do, like basketball. If you hate cardio like running or gym cardio, then it doesn't make sense to try to do something that you won't enjoy and will probably resent.

Belial and I have had this argument, but I can say from my own perspective, that I have a very hard time losing fat without doing cardio, but some of that is probably due to female hormones. You'll probably just have to experiment and see a) what your body responds to, and b) what you can live with/work into your lifestyle.

Good luck :)