PDA

View Full Version : Some Comparisons

ThePunisherson
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey guys I am new to the powerlifting see, mostly with the gear so I decided to start up with the single ply stuff and need to know some peoples personal experience if they had any with the gear I am looking at buying (I would buy it all but I don't have enough money right now)...just to give some stats, I have been lifting weights for around 3 years, and powerlifting for almost a year I believe...I am 20 years old weight 235 to 240 and am around 5 foot 9. Here are my raw numbers....

squat-500 no knee wraps just a belt
bench-330
deadlift-550

its not great but its decent, I bought my first bench shirt last May I believe, it is a titan katana size 46 a/s, I benched 455 in it like a joke and am going for 500 in a week or so, I know I can get it, the shirt is the ****....but I don't have a squat suit yet, I am in the midst of buying one, so here is the list of gear I am considering buying, oh by the way the katana was used when I bought it...

Titan
Katana a/s (I heard its hard to touch legally with this in the usapl/ipf/uspf, its better for belly benching?)
katana s/s (easier to touch the sternum) anybody have any experience with comparing these two?
Titan centurion (nxg super +) I think I would buy the regular stance because my feet are around 2 inches away from either side of the power rack

Inzer
Rage x (they say it stretches more quickly and doesnt last as long as the katana, I dont know)
TRX-I heard its good for sumo deadlifting, but what about squatting compared to the cent?

Metal (I heard the material prior to the king sucked ass for single ply stuff)
King bencher (heard you touch high, so I dont think I would get this)
King presser (kinda want to try this shirt out, between belly benching and niggle level from what I hear)
King x-type bencher (heard its for belly benching)
king squatter
king squatter x-type (really want to try this one, even though its for wide stance squatters, they say its more like a box squat/IPA style squatting, ie wide, upright, high bar, box squatting) where as the trx and cent are for like a modified olympic squat....

anybody got any input on all this, sorry its long??.......

minotaur70
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I have tried the following:

shirts:
fury, F6, rage x, katana.

suits:
centurian narrow and wide stance, inzer hardcore, metal viking v type, metal king v type, metal viking deadlifter, metal king deadlifter

The katana is hard to touch in for some- for me it was- I have a big chest relative to my arms. Pretty good shirt, best thing about it is that its very durable. Rage x ok, but sizing not great for me- 54 too big and I could touch 400lbs in it, while a 52 didn't touch 550lbs. Pretty good material that last longer than f6 or fury. F6 is a damn good shirt, but it loses pop after a few heavy touches. Pretty easy to use. Fury is ok- but not as good as the f6 in my opinion.

Centurian wide stance is my choice of squat suit- for me its easy to use, but as far as support goes there is nothing between this and the metal king v type. I prefer the wide stance centurian even thought my stance is only shoulder width. I found the regular stance centurian pulled my knees in a little. Metal viking suits are ok too- not up with the king of nxg super material though. Inzer hardcore sucked ass. My personal fav deadlift suit is metal king deadlifter. I loved the metal viking deadlifter, but love the king more!

ThePunisherson
11-08-2008, 11:19 PM

shirts:

suits:
centurian narrow and wide stance, inzer hardcore, metal viking v type, metal king v type, metal viking deadlifter, metal king deadlifter

The katana is hard to touch in for some- for me it was- I have a big chest relative to my arms. Pretty good shirt, best thing about it is that its very durable. Rage x ok, but sizing not great for me- 54 too big and I could touch 400lbs in it, while a 52 didn't touch 550lbs. Pretty good material that last longer than f6 or fury. F6 is a damn good shirt, but it loses pop after a few heavy touches. Pretty easy to use. Fury is ok- but not as good as the f6 in my opinion.

Centurian wide stance is my choice of squat suit- for me its easy to use, but as far as support goes there is nothing between this and the metal king v type. I prefer the wide stance centurian even thought my stance is only shoulder width. I found the regular stance centurian pulled my knees in a little. Metal viking suits are ok too- not up with the king of nxg super material though. Inzer hardcore sucked ass. My personal fav deadlift suit is metal king deadlifter. I loved the metal viking deadlifter, but love the king more!

Thats cool man, so the king material and nxg super + is the best material out there? Does the centurion give you a lot of rebound out of the hole or is it more of a stopping suit? How about the king v-type?

ThePunisherson
11-08-2008, 11:20 PM

shirts:

suits:

So what shirt do you prefer to use? and yes, its so god damn hard to touch in a katana, especially when they are tight haha

minotaur70
11-09-2008, 03:48 AM
I prefer the F6, its far easier to use and has a great pop of the chest. It may just be that I haven't spent the time to master the katana. Off boards the katana is fantastic, I just struggle to keep it together for the last few inches.
Suit wise- I think the metal suit is outstanding- I just couldn't hit depth in it- it just locked up. With the straps down it was still amazing. I find the centurian much easier to handle and can hit depth easier. I think I'd rate them both the same as far as rebound goes.

ThePunisherson
11-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I think I am going to get a new f6 in a near future, along with a rage x to see which one I like better...

ThePunisherson
11-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Anybody else have any input on this?