PDA

View Full Version : Bulking problem

Scotty2
04-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Alright, first of all im 5'10, 170 lbs. Im not sure on body fat. I would like to bulk up to about 190 by the end of summer.
Here are the foods i usually eat

-chicken breasts
-eggs
-cottage cheese
-white bread
-lots of milk and water
-pasta
-fast food once in awhile

alright well thats just an idea of what i like but my problem is that i cant seem to get enough calories from it. I figure i should be eating around 2700 calories a day. putting those foods into about 5 meals per day and also i am now starting to take two protien shakes a day.. i still cant seem to get enough calories. im not sure if im on the right track here or way off. i would appreciate any help

smalls
04-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I would say your basically on the right track but you need to eat way more. You have to just continue to increase cals until you start gaining, then gain will slow down and you will have to increase cals more. I would say eat ww bread instead and ad natty peanut butter and oatmeal. Milk is the easiest way for me to increase cals, liquid food (mrp shakes, etc) help as well. I started out bulking at 160 eating around 3500 cals and kept increasing until i weighed 200 at around 4800. I am now cutting due to being a fatty. Just keep eating.

Scotty2
04-02-2002, 03:30 PM
I started out at about 164 pounds 4 weeks ago so i have gained about 6 pounds this past month. I havent really gained too much fat either, although i know i will gain some. Also this past month i hadnt really worried about my diet that much and just ate alot of food. another question.. would it hurt me much to have a couple slices of pizza for lunch a few days a week. cuz thats about the only good food at the college i go to lol.

TylerDurden
04-02-2002, 08:51 PM
IF your bulking, eat whatever you can! We can work on body fat later. Drink beer, eat pizza, fried chicken, and peanut butter. Triple H swears by it and so do I. Your stomach is very elastic, if you increase its volume it will stretch making it possible to intake more cals. Think of it like a spring, if you keep stretching it out past its potential it will eventually stay there. Keep your GI index high!
I was kidding about the beer b/c it inhibits vesopressin and you lose ALOT of H2O

the doc
04-02-2002, 10:33 PM
eat more-eat clean foods (unprocessed)

higher fat food like natural peanut butter and milk will help greatly
if your not gaining then increase them even more

Silverback
04-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Triple H may swear by that stuff, but the mans on steroids, and that aint clever

Scotty2
04-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Well i sure as hell aint gonna eat whatever cuz ive already given up pretty much all junk food and soda so i dont wanna start getting bad eating habits again. And plus im already not happy with the amount of fat on me. i know im gonna get some more fat while bulking.. but i just wanna keep it as minimal as possible

tony touch
04-03-2002, 04:38 PM
wake up in the middle of the night and eat like 500 calories of protein and fat. hamburgers and npb r good for this as is milk. still keep carbs low during the night

beer aint gonna kill ya if ya really lookin for the extra weight, just dont overdo it every nite.

if ya wanna eat pizza, get meatlovers pizza. i personally dont believe in packing on fat though but if ur a hardgainer, it works