PDA

View Full Version : what to eat before a workout during a cut?

foth
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I need to know roughly what to eat before a LIFTING day workout before a cut, and what about a CARDIO day also?

Tom Mutaffis
11-11-2008, 06:37 AM
When you say "before a cut" - does that mean that you are doing a low carb diet? Or just calorie restriction? Or just increasing frequency of cardio training?

Good pre-workout foods include trail mix, bananas or other fruit, and also supplements like Results.

foth
11-11-2008, 10:27 AM
well im trying to cut after my bulk, i guess calorie restriction then I suppose?

Holto
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
If I don't have to eat, I don't. Today for example, I have a session in an hour and I know if I don't eat *something* my training will suffer.

If you're counting out and planning out your diet, it's a good idea to plan a pre-workout, or during workout meal of some sort. I often consume up to 150 grams of dex post workout when cutting also.

foth
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
im trying to get a good pre workout meal that wont have me wanting to go to the toilet when im in the gym.. I feel bloated eating pasta, rice etc sometimes

Unreal
11-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Oats or a high fiber cereal with protein mixed in work for me. I eat it about 2:45 and hit the gym around 4:30. Normally 1 cup of oats mixed with 1 scoop of protein, or 1 cup of fiberone with a cup of skim milk and a scoop of nitrean.

ryuage
11-12-2008, 09:25 AM
experiment with different foods and different times... half the time I don't eat anything and perform the same.

comes down to good ol' "just depends"

Tom Mutaffis
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Oats or a high fiber cereal with protein mixed in work for me. I eat it about 2:45 and hit the gym around 4:30. Normally 1 cup of oats mixed with 1 scoop of protein, or 1 cup of fiberone with a cup of skim milk and a scoop of nitrean.

A cup of oatmeal along with a scoop of protein powder about an hour and a half before training is a good option. Immediately pre-training (within 30 minutes) I will normally snack on a banana or some rasins.

You can also have a couple tablespoons of honey pre-workout for a little boost. Honey is the only food that does not expire so you can keep it in your car or gym bag and not have to worry about it.