PDA

View Full Version : DL Form Check

-JM-
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
If any of you duders have time to give me a bit of feedback on my DL form I would be really grateful. Thanks a lot!

Its 330x3. Im in the middle of a small DL cycle. This is at ~80% 1RM
Sorry about crappy angle, gym was packed!

HAWx0xvkeeU

Irish Pilot
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Im no pro, but looks fairly solid to me. It seems maybe you are getting caught a little bit "over" the weight if that makes sense, but a portion of that is probably due to the fact that its 80% of your 1rm. Try to bury your heels and think of yourself as standing up with the bar in hand rather than pulling the weight with your back. Deadlift is a function of heels down, hips forward...not pulling up with your lower back.

Watch the vid below, at about a minute they show a side view. Notice how it almost seems like his ass wants to drop before it comes up. Thats most likely coming from him digging in his heels so that the balance of the weight comes aft.

aEsVwXOw0Ak

Like I said, Im no Pro so that info is worth what you paid for it. All in all your getting 'er done. Im sure some with some more experience than I will chime in with some helpful info.

Jorge Sanchez
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
It looks to me like you're trying to squat the weight up.

Reko
11-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I think the knees are a little too far forward and the quads over involved. Your hips look like they want to move back before they move forward.

Lones Green
11-11-2008, 05:52 PM
getting into some flat soled shoes like chuck taylors will help with the problems stated above.

try and keep your ass down more. again, being on your heels in flat soled shoes will help with that. other than that it looked pretty good.

ZenMonkey
11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
that is one crowded gym

-JM-
11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Guys, thanks for all the constructive responses. Much appreciated.

Ive blasted a few reps today using what you have suggested. Is this any better?. It is over 100lbs less though.......

FKzl4iVXl6M

BFGUITAR
11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Looks better.

I would suggest trying to lock your back and legs at the same time. Your legs straighten a bit early.

Reko
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM
first rep was your best on the new video.

Ryan Celli
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
your second video is right on. nice work- way to correct and improve!

-JM-
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I hope I can maintain some form as the weight goes up.

:thumbup:

The Sun
11-25-2008, 01:13 AM
great work on the 2nd vid bro.

-JM-
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I had a bit of trouble locking out this attempt. Is there anything that can be done at this stage of the lift just before lock out without hitching?

Is it a case of just hammering the lats and being able to just grind at this point? Just get stronger? LOL:)

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

dqVrSsy-Urc

ZenMonkey
06-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I think this would be the easiest thing to not mess with your routine too much: Id work at a lighter weight then work back up past it with perfect form. So yea, get stronger.

Clifford Gillmore
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I had a bit of trouble locking out this attempt. Is there anything that can be done at this stage of the lift just before lock out without hitching?

Is it a case of just hammering the lats and being able to just grind at this point? Just get stronger? LOL:)

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

dqVrSsy-Urc

Have a look at this thread Flynn, http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125101

-JM-
06-03-2009, 02:09 AM
I think this would be the easiest thing to not mess with your routine too much: Id work at a lighter weight then work back up past it with perfect form. So yea, get stronger.

Thanks Zen. I definately do not intend messing with the routine. It was really just some advice on any techniques at that point where I came to a grinding halt. Get Stronger....gotcha :)

Have a look at this thread Flynn, http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125101

Thanks Risk10k. I found that immediately after I posted this. Lots of great suggestions in that thread. 780 wow!