PDA

View Full Version : unorthodox diet and protein needs

purenikebball
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I've heard of people on raw food diets bodybuilding. How effective is this?

I play basketball, lift 3 days a week and have an extremely fast metabolism. I need an extreme amount of calories to keep any weight on.

How does this sound to you?

purenikebball
11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
here's the link:

http://www.raw-food-health.net/VegetableProtein.html

Tom Mutaffis
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm confused.

If you want to eat just raw foods then I guess you could eat a boatload of meat, nuts, milk, and eggs. Greens shakes might also be an option and I also know of a company who makes a non-whey protein called Nitrofusion but I've never tried it.

**Just looked at the website and the picture of that monkey on the mountain of bananas was funny... Now I'm going to the food store to buy a banana, and washing it down with my Opticen shake (no vegan diet for this guy) :)

bass slayer
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
not the first time ive heard of this diet.

i new this ladie and she was on this diet for a month, she looked like the walking dead and looked like a skelaton:eek: try eating uncooked soup with rice and vegatables:micro: not very good

smalls
11-13-2008, 06:59 PM
First of all why do you want to do it? What are your goals? That is going to help anyone decide if it's right for you. If you want to be an uneducated hippie who actually beleives eating foods that are hard for your body to fully digest and have the potential to hospitalize you then jump on the bandwagon bro. If you want to gain significant amounts of muscle and strength and you know you have a fast metabolism why would you choose a diet that is very hard to intake large amounts of calories?

purenikebball
11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
:bang:Wow! I've received an infraction until 2009 because I had posted a couple of random posts in order to reach the 10 post count required in order to post a link. Why does that rule exist other than to prevent spamming? I wasn't spamming only wanted to post that link. :bang:

I thought that this diet sounded a little over the top but just wanted to get others' opinions. I know that it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me because of my extremely fast metabolism but thought that it might be interesting to entertain the idea for health reasons. If you really think about it... how are the processed foods and supplements we are consuming for lifting and athletic enhancement affecting our bodies in the long run?

I want to treat my body well seeing as I only get one. On the other hand, this diet doesn't really seem like enough calories to sustain a healthy, active body.

I'd like to think that I'd be putting less processed crap and hard to digest food into my body and that I'd become healthier as a result but I just don't see this diet as being the answer. I know that eating meat and dairy does make me feel like crap for a day or so after I eat it.... I still do it anyway though. Does anyone else have problems with this? I don't have any diseases or take medications either. I'm 5' 9" 150 lbs about 6 or 7% bodyfat. Skinny but hey I'm 20 and I tend to run a lot playing ball.

What does everyone else think about this diet and it's possible benefits and/or detremental effects on bodies?

smalls
11-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry I know you asked for others opinions but I will throw mine in again.

I agree with your decision to eat as healthy as possible while still attaining your goals. My suggestion would be to educate yourself on this subject as open mindedly as possible. Using well researched and accredited methods rather than "unorthadox fads" Which I believe this diet is. Yes by eating only raw foods you avoid processed junk but you also open yourself up to diseases and risks the likes of which make a few pesticides look like candy.

Keep in mind that louis pasteur is regarded as one of the most influencial human beings ever. Due in large part to the fact that he saved, literally countless lives through a process that this diet regards as unnecassary. Many raw foods are actually more easily digested when cooked, another fact this diet ignores in almost every book I have read or skimmed praising it.

I would suggest eating in a similar manner but while cooking foods. Lean protein sources, fruits, veggies, whole grains and healthy fat choices. It's really pretty easy.

smalls
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
As a side note, the largest negative affect many of us will have on our body, especially in the long run, has more to do with how much we eat than what we eat. Increased caloric consumption will increase all metabolic processes which will in turn increase free radicals increasing oxidative damage and risks of cancer. But you still have to live life man.