PDA

View Full Version : Salads

Franco/TGM
11-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I've recently found a love for salads (Caesar, no veggies, just greens) with Thousand Island dressing. Not drenched, just a normal amount.

1) Is this a good source of calories in general? Would these calories be "good" calories? ( I assume)
2) Would this be good to eat 2x a day to aid in a bulking effort?
3) What positive effects come from salad?

BFGUITAR
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
1) Salad is not a significant source of calories. The dressing can be.
2) If the salad doesn't prevent you frm eating food that will actually help you gain weight than yeh go ahead

3) Plants contain phytochemicals, they are reducing agents (also known as antioxidants) that help the body do it's thing. Anything brightly coloured contains phytochemicals (must be a plant of course). Salads also contain many minerals and some vitamins. They are looked at improving general health... as for bulking salad is useless. That doesn't mean you should stop eating it of course.

bass slayer
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
a salad is good and healthy but i dont think it would do anything for a bulking diet.. but keep eating salads, they are awesome

Travis Bell
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
silly kids. salads are for rabbits

Franco/TGM
11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I figured as much but thought I would ask. Any calories are a bonus; the positive body effects are the true reward!

How much of an effect can a salad or two a day have on the body, positively that is?

bass slayer
11-13-2008, 03:38 PM
silly kids. salads are for rabbits

na those kids in those commercials are going to take that away from the rabbit also!