PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NASA Ky Meets

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-14-2008, 05:52 AM
MAY 9th NASA KY State - Powerlifting, Bench Press, Push/Pull & Power Sports Championships (Morehead, KY) http://www.vhepower.com/events.php

OCTOBER 17th NASA 100% Tested Nationals/KY Regional -Powerlifting, Bench Press, Push/Pull & Power Sports Championships (Morehead, KY)http://www.vhepower.com/events.php

MEET LOCATION:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_6722a937d45042d7a8dcdbba4f6c2d9f.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/38/l_e7819a5303554a71b36c61593f6fafa2.jpg

mosley1990
11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I now have a goal. Im going to train my butt off and try to compete in these. by october i will hopefully be a student at MSU (morehead state) anyways...that would be perfect! thanks for posting!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-17-2008, 07:11 AM
I now have a goal. Im going to train my butt off and try to compete in these. by october i will hopefully be a student at MSU (morehead state) anyways...that would be perfect! thanks for posting!

Look forward to seeing you on the platform!! If you have anymore questions, send me an email or pm anytime.
nasakentuckystatechairman@yahoo.com

mosley1990
11-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Will do! haha. Ill def. have to email you and figure some things out before too long.

b for bradley
12-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I plan on attending this meet, but this would be my first meet and I don't know what I need to do before hand in terms of proper attire (singlets, wrist wraps, knee wraps, etc), registering, or any of that. I'm competing unequipped so I don't need to worry about suits.

Also, are there any meets near Lexington before May 9th? I'd love to go to one so I won't be completely surprised and will know what to expect. Thanks,

Brad G

Illinimeats
12-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Brad - go to the NASA website and read the rule book on what you need for a meet. I wouldn't worry too much about being completely suprised. I competed in my first meet last October and had a great time. I wasn't the strongest lifter, nor did I set any records, but I got hooked on competing. The good thing about NASA is the family atmosphere they create and they seem to understand that you are a new lifter. I hooked up with JT and he took care of me, you can hook up with me and we can take care of each other.

Illinimeats

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I plan on attending this meet, but this would be my first meet and I don't know what I need to do before hand in terms of proper attire (singlets, wrist wraps, knee wraps, etc), registering, or any of that. I'm competing unequipped so I don't need to worry about suits.

Also, are there any meets near Lexington before May 9th? I'd love to go to one so I won't be completely surprised and will know what to expect. Thanks,

Brad G

Singlet is the proper attire to compete in. You can purchase a singlet at the meet or got to Inzer Advance Designs web site. Also, wrist/knee wraps are not mandatory. Once the application is available, you can register in advance or the day of the meet. The main web site: http://www.vhepower.com/ If you have anymore questions, send me an email at nasakentuckystatechairman@yahoo.com or call 1-859-321-4419. If you are interested, you can come and workout with me a couple times before the meet.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Brad - go to the NASA website and read the rule book on what you need for a meet. I wouldn't worry too much about being completely suprised. I competed in my first meet last October and had a great time. I wasn't the strongest lifter, nor did I set any records, but I got hooked on competing. The good thing about NASA is the family atmosphere they create and they seem to understand that you are a new lifter. I hooked up with JT and he took care of me, you can hook up with me and we can take care of each other.

Illinimeats

Thanks for the positive comment! You earned yourself a free pair of Inzer Advance Designs Knee wraps!

Illinimeats
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks, only telling the truth!

Illinimeats

jmccown
12-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, JT is a great guy. I competed my first time in November and without JT I would have been lost. There is a lot to learn. I bugged the heck out of him, but he didn't seem to mind.

b for bradley
12-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Illinimeats

Thanks a lot. I definitely have no clue what to expect, but I'll read that rulebook fairly soon. I'm a student at UK so I'm gone for the winter, are you also at UK or do you just live in Lexington?

b for bradley
12-20-2008, 08:24 AM
JT, I'll definitely take you up on the offer to work out, I'm sure I would learn a lot. I'm not in Lexington right now, but after I get back in January and get my class/work schedule set up I'll get ahold of you and we'll figure something out. Thanks!