PDA

View Full Version : Titan Wrist Wraps

accuFLEX
11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm thinking about buying a pair of "Titan Support Systems High Perfrmnce Wrist Wrap 24""

Anyone use these? What has been your experience?

Lones Green
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
they will surely work. are they your first pair?

you might head over to APT and take a look at all of theirs, they have many stifnesses to choose from.

WillNoble
11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking about buying a pair of "Titan Support Systems High Perfrmnce Wrist Wrap 24""

Anyone use these? What has been your experience?

not to spark a gear debate, but I would put titans wraps pretty low on the list.

As Lones said, those will do the trick for your first pair. However in moving forward you may want to look at APT's stuff. Ive had Titan, Inzer, Metal All Blacks, Several APT iterations, and have settled on the Convict Pro's they are without a doubt my favorite, but hey everyones tastes are different.

waynedang
11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
The new Titans are very close to the APT convict pro. But I still like the APT better.

accuFLEX
11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Yea these will be my first pair. I'm not into competing...yet. I just need something to save my wrists when I do olympic lifts.

My only concern with APT is shipping to Canada, I'm waiting to hear back from them in regards with that. I can get a pair of Titan wraps for ~$22 shipped on ebay. The only spot I've seen Inzer wraps for sale in Canada online would cost me $36 shipped, which IMO is too much for a pair of wrist wraps.

Travis Bell
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Titan wraps are bout the same as the Inzer wraps. They'll do the job, but APT's are the best.

Eric Downey
11-15-2008, 11:55 AM
to me its a matter of personal choice. inzer titan it really doesn't matter to me. however i do find the titan wraps keeps it stiffness longer than inzer.

geoffsherman
11-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Yea these will be my first pair. I'm not into competing...yet. I just need something to save my wrists when I do olympic lifts.

My only concern with APT is shipping to Canada, I'm waiting to hear back from them in regards with that. I can get a pair of Titan wraps for ~$22 shipped on ebay. The only spot I've seen Inzer wraps for sale in Canada online would cost me $36 shipped, which IMO is too much for a pair of wrist wraps.

I am also a big fan of the APT wraps. I started with a pair with the shortest length, but they were too short so I upgraded to the longer ones. I did have a problem with one of the thumb loops coming apart, but EliteFTS sent me a replacement ad they were in business. I would be surprised if you couldn't find a Canadian-based supplier who is more reasonable.

accuFLEX
11-15-2008, 12:34 PM
^ yea, I've been reading around a fair bit now, and it really just comes down to person preference from what I've been reading and understand.

I'm not at a level (IMO) where I could notice any significant difference. I have a 20% off coupon for APT, but it still works out to over $30 shipped.

If anyone knows of a Canadian retailer online, I'm all ears.

Travis Bell
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Trust me, its much more than personal preference. The APT wraps are second to none. I've used all of the above mentioned wraps (and no I'm not sponsored by APT) but the APT's are waaay better in stiffness and durability than either Inzer or Titan wraps

Eric Downey
11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I have a pair of APT wraps but i havnt used them yet.

Chris Smith
11-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I have used them all as well--Titan, Inzer, Metal, and APT. I prefer the APT Convict as well. Great wrap.

HP666
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I have to agree with the Convicts being great. I've used the Inzers and the Titan and they are both good, but the APT's are stiffer and superior. I just bought a new pair a couple months ago and my only regret is getting the 20" rather than 24".

Mosnar
11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I have the 24" APT Black Reapers and they are awesome. The Convicts are almost too much support for now lol.

accuFLEX
11-16-2008, 05:50 AM
So it looks like APT are the way to go.

Now, for length and model type: I'll be using them for Olympic lifting and when I bench heavy (275+). What does a stiffer, longer wrap give me over say, a 12" not so stiff wrap? Any disadvantages to going longer and stiffer?

freeride
11-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Any disadvantages to going longer and stiffer?

:D

I've never felt comfortable in the 12in wraps, and the 36in is a bit much, depending on the stiffness of the wrap. I'd go with a moderate 24in for a first wrap. I recommend the Strangulators for this situation.

accuFLEX
11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm either going to go with the ZRV Pro's or the Blood Stripes in 24". Any last thoughts on that guys? I'm leaning towards the ZRV's

Jon Elick
11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Whoa...there's a huge difference in the Blood Stripe and ZRV wraps. I am sponsored by APT and have used almost every single wrap they make.
My suggestion for your situation...first go with a 24" wrap (not too much but enough length to get around your wrist several times). Now, the level of support...stay away from Convicts, Strangulators, Hybrids, and definitely The Wrap. These are simply too much wrap for olympic use and a 275 bench. ZRV or the red/white/blue are your best bet, followed by the Black Reapers or Blue Power. I do most of my mid-range training in the ZRV or Reapers.

Lones Green
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah, i think you'll like the ZRV material. its pretty soft, but you can jack them down and get some great support out of em. i have ZRV knee wraps.

Brian Hopper
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
which APT wrap is best for squatting? I have the convict/strangulator pair but I haven't used them yet. I also have this style for my wrist wraps and I like them alot, but I think I might want something stronger.

Ben Moore
12-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Black Reapers - love them