PDA

View Full Version : Cleans and Localized Soreness

ZenMonkey
11-15-2008, 12:54 PM
After yesterdays session w/ heavy power cleans about 5-6 hours after my WO my lower left area of my abs is kinda tender. There is about a 6-8inch area of sore tissue that goes from about the height of my iliac crest and follows the abdominal area down. It feels better today but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before? I am wondering if it is from heavy hip extension (which was completely novel for me as of yesterday) and just a sore muscle group. I have also been freaking out wondering if it is a hernia. This seems unlikely since I think I would have noticed it when it happened rather than it kinda creeping up on me. Also there is no bulging or anything. When I feel it it feels like it is muscle tissue that is sore- but Im not expert.

Any one with any experience?

Kiff
11-15-2008, 01:08 PM
i did get a similar problem before but not from hang cleans i got it from core specific work and it really hurt but i never worked out what it was so would also be interested if anyone has any ideas, hope it sorts itself out mate,
deep heat and a bath worked for me :) and your right i have seen someone get a hernia before and they knew about it straight away :)

ZenMonkey
11-15-2008, 01:10 PM
i did get a similar problem before but not from hang cleans i got it from core specific work and it really hurt but i never worked out what it was so would also be interested if anyone has any ideas, hope it sorts itself out mate,
deep heat and a bath worked for me :) and your right i have seen someone get a hernia before and they knew about it straight away :)

Yea, thats what I am hoping. I appericiate the good mojo!

Ryan Hale
11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Zen,
Whats up bro?? You would think if it was a ab strain,or hernia,you would have felt it when it happened-like any injury.
My guess,your just sore in a new area,thus worrying you a bit.

Best of luck,you tried ice??

Ryan Hale

ZenMonkey
11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Zen,
Whats up bro?? You would think if it was a ab strain,or hernia,you would have felt it when it happened-like any injury.
My guess,your just sore in a new area,thus worrying you a bit.

Best of luck,you tried ice??

Ryan Hale

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks man! Ice is a swell idea.