PDA

View Full Version : Wabdl Worlds Update

SGT ROCK
11-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Tiny Meekers opener of 832 was SILLY easy, the head judge made him hold if for a few extra seconds, lets just say NO question on the lockout. He tried 900 twice and locked out the right side on his second but was an inch from lockout on the left side. He missed both his second and third in my opinon, but strong lifting.

Hawthorne OPENED with 551 at 129 and SMOKED IT. He tried 617 for a pr on a second and lost it in front. On his third, with tears in his eyes, pulled it literally two inches from lockout, look for that and more next meet.

Caprari vs Eiseman. Eiseman OPENED with 800 and missed below the knee. Tony SMOKED 749 and then WISELY passed his second. Eiseman again missed his second and third at the knees, and Tony went for a third with a new WR 775 and had it all the way locked out and the bar jumped out of his hands.....SUPER pulling at 195 lbs.

I just tried to stay ahead of the Europeans opening light with 672, and an easy jump to 705, I then was informed of a master lifter that did a 750 earlier in the day so that forced me to a 755 third, which was SMOKED. I tried 810 on a 4th but did not get the lift.

Best lifter light was between Tony and Rich with Rich winning.

Best lifter heavy was me (Praise God, and big thanks to the crowd and my awesome training partners)

I am unsure about the best lifters in the Bench. My boy Priest smoked 600 on an opener at 198 and JUST missed a 700 twice.

Meet ran QUICK and smooth. Judges seemed to tighten up a bit from previous years.

Gus was awesome as usual. Brandt Bishop, Don Bell best MC of all time, and the whole staff kicked ass as usual.

On to 800 next!

Semper Fi

Silent Assassin
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
To all,

You guys make the sport exciting. Congratulations and great lifting. I hope to see everyone build on their lifts next time.

TNDeadlifter
11-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Just talked to Eiseman and he said he tore 2 huge callouses on his hand on the first one and it came out. He said Tony tore an even sicker callous on his second or third lift. Seeing guys like that go head to head and give it their all is what this sport is all about. Those guys are beasts!

Godd Job, Rock. I can't wait to see you in the 800's.

Matthew White
11-16-2008, 07:43 AM
AWSOME JOB SGT ROCK!!! Those are all big numbers all around. Congrats to everybody.

Robert O.
11-16-2008, 12:31 PM
I lifted on day one and had to leave on early Thursday plane-- so these tidbits are really helpful to me--thank you ! Great Reading !

I have 44 shots of Wednesdays action on 2 web pages (each one links to the other)

go to robertosmith dot com and click on powerlifting, or search out Bench Bozo at Blogspot dot com

best,
Robt. O.

(links arent allowed til I've posted 10 times --hence the Long way around)

flappysr
11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I lifted on day one and had to leave on early Thursday plane-- so these tidbits are really helpful to me--thank you ! Great Reading !

I have 44 shots of Wednesdays action on 2 web pages (each one links to the other)

go to robertosmith dot com and click on powerlifting, or search out Bench Bozo at Blogspot dot com

best,
Robt. O.

(links arent allowed til I've posted 10 times --hence the Long way around)

Checked out the pics. Great Pics. Awesome lifting by all.:omg::omg::omg:

flappysr
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Tiny Meekers opener of 832 was SILLY easy, the head judge made him hold if for a few extra seconds, lets just say NO question on the lockout. He tried 900 twice and locked out the right side on his second but was an inch from lockout on the left side. He missed both his second and third in my opinon, but strong lifting.

Hawthorne OPENED with 551 at 129 and SMOKED IT. He tried 617 for a pr on a second and lost it in front. On his third, with tears in his eyes, pulled it literally two inches from lockout, look for that and more next meet.

Caprari vs Eiseman. Eiseman OPENED with 800 and missed below the knee. Tony SMOKED 749 and then WISELY passed his second. Eiseman again missed his second and third at the knees, and Tony went for a third with a new WR 775 and had it all the way locked out and the bar jumped out of his hands.....SUPER pulling at 195 lbs.

I just tried to stay ahead of the Europeans opening light with 672, and an easy jump to 705, I then was informed of a master lifter that did a 750 earlier in the day so that forced me to a 755 third, which was SMOKED. I tried 810 on a 4th but did not get the lift.

Best lifter light was between Tony and Rich with Rich winning.

Best lifter heavy was me (Praise God, and big thanks to the crowd and my awesome training partners)

I am unsure about the best lifters in the Bench. My boy Priest smoked 600 on an opener at 198 and JUST missed a 700 twice.

Meet ran QUICK and smooth. Judges seemed to tighten up a bit from previous years.

Gus was awesome as usual. Brandt Bishop, Don Bell best MC of all time, and the whole staff kicked ass as usual.

On to 800 next!

Semper Fi

GREAT/AWESOME DEADLIFTING SGT. ROCK. Any pics or video of the DeadLifts??? Also, any word on A.J. Mangum(Teen DeadLifter). Did he even compete. And finally any Great(World/State) records in the LAW/FIRE OPEN MASTERS DEADLIFTS???:omg::omg::omg:

chris mason
11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Great work Brent!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Congratulation!!

Guido
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Congrats on a great meet, Rock.

I have some other good friends competing there, as well (John H., Nick L., and Roger R.). John was going for a 700 bench, Nick a 660 DL, and Roger a WABDL Master's World Record (716+).

PriestCometh
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
It was fun. It was cool to watch Caprari get back on the platform.
Hawthorne was an animal as always. As far as rock goes, first class
lifter and a cool cat.

Yeah, I was kinda pissed I didnt get my third.

Ryano
11-17-2008, 05:55 PM
I bombed, but went for the gusto. Damn near had a PR 722, but didn't lock the left arm completely. Had a great time and got to see alot of old friends. Made some new ones. WABDL Worlds is always a good time, bomb or not.

SGT ROCK
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Ryan I couldnt have said it better, its like a family and fun atmosphere, it was great to return to the biggest show on earth! Priest, thanks for your support bro and like me, I saw you running around coaching and helping so many, that is what its all about. I will try to get my camera figured out and get some youtube vids up soon.

Semper Fi

thewicked
11-17-2008, 10:45 PM
congrats rock and to everyone else.. fantastic work and outstanding lifting!

Guido
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I bombed, but went for the gusto. Damn near had a PR 722, but didn't lock the left arm completely. Had a great time and got to see alot of old friends. Made some new ones. WABDL Worlds is always a good time, bomb or not.It is always a good time. Too bad you didn't quite get that 722 but I know you will soon! I did hear that Big John got 700 so that is great for him.

Ryano
11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
It is always a good time. Too bad you didn't quite get that 722 but I know you will soon! I did hear that Big John got 700 so that is great for him.
John Hudson's 700 was the absolutely UGLIEST decent I've ever seen. It was teetering all the way down. As soon as he got the press, it was slow and smooth all the way to lockout. 317.5Kg + small chips.

Here's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBd09SQZN6A

cabing
11-19-2008, 08:24 PM
To all powerlifters. I would like to know how can i add at lease 50 to 100 pounds on the bench press.

Josefin Brander
11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
It was amazing to watch all these great powerlifters!

I competed in the Swedish team, (Open woman deadlift)

I've just posted some pics in my blog from the travel and competition.

Stay strong!
Regards Josefin

flappysr
12-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Ryan I couldnt have said it better, its like a family and fun atmosphere, it was great to return to the biggest show on earth! Priest, thanks for your support bro and like me, I saw you running around coaching and helping so many, that is what its all about. I will try to get my camera figured out and get some youtube vids up soon.

Semper Fi

AWESOME DEADLIFTING. SGT. ROCK. Any video yet? Looking forward to some great Deadlifting to go along with your PLUSA article. Just got my copy and read the article........:omg::omg::omg:

SGT ROCK
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
AWESOME DEADLIFTING. SGT. ROCK. Any video yet? Looking forward to some great Deadlifting to go along with your PLUSA article. Just got my copy and read the article........:omg::omg::omg:

Thanks brother! I have some great vids on my camcorder but havent had the time to dl to youtube, I need this special wire to do it and plan on picking it up soon and then giving a shot to d-loading them. I have all my meet attempts as well as some good training footage with more than one set at over 750, and some heavy SLDL work as well.

Semper Fi