PDA

View Full Version : Food in school

garf
11-17-2008, 12:39 PM
OK im tryin to increase my calorie intake to around 3900-4000 calories a day but this is quite hard as im still at school. I was wonderin is there any high calorie sandwiches and lunch ideas that would give me about 900 calories or so.

Reko
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
What school? HS? College? If it's college you should have a buffet type thing when you go in, no?

garf
11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Its HS. I prefer to bring my own lunch as the food in school is crap pretty much.

Reko
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
If you bring your own lunch just bring more food.

Unreal
11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Shakes, bars, nuts, chips, crackers, jerky, yogurt, cheese, meats. If your hard up bring candy and other stuff to get calories.

Lones Green
11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Shakes, bars, nuts, chips, crackers, jerky, yogurt, cheese, meats. If your hard up bring candy and other stuff to get calories.

there you go. between classes i'd chug meal replacement shakes and eat all kinds of nuts during class. its not hard if you have the will.

KarstenDD
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Just eat a jar of peanut butter with a spoon during class.

Hercule
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Raisins and nuts. 1 Cup of Raisins has around 500 calories, and 1 Cup of almonds has around 550 calories. Put a cup of each in a sandwich bag and snack on them throughout the day for an extra 1000 calories. Basically, nuts are your best friend for squeezing in calories.

Athos
11-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I had the same problem when I was in school... After I had a big breakfast off eggs, natural oatmeal and fresh fruit, I always made sure I had at least three more meals in my bag on my way to school. Obviously lunch takes care of itself and you can eat all you want without time constraints, the difficult part is squeezing in meals between/during classes. If you can take some MRP's in a shaker cup, just add water and slam it between classes, add flax seed oil to the drink for extra calories. Also I'd make up PB sandwiches, natural peanut butter on whole grain bread and pre-made bowls of yogurt mixed with almonds, suck those down in class or between classes. I used to boil up egg whites too and just pop those randomly as well. Then eat as soon as you are home, that puts you at five meals by 3:30 in the afternoon. Basically I tried to eat every three hours and take in at least 700 calories for each meal (which is surprisingly easy to do), you are up 3500 calories by that time. Then you can train, eat, shower, rest and eat again.