PDA

View Full Version : So I've had diharrhea for 4 consecutive days

ClubberLang
11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
and it now time to consult my doctor. I've had a slight fever and been feeling week in general. My diet has been limited to Ritz Crackers, High Sodium Soups, Bananas and flat ginger ale. I am losing weight and not working out. I take it right now with whatever infection I have I should not be exercising. I am just wondering if there are any other foods I can eat other than starchy carbs?

Travis Bell
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
sounds like food poisoning if you ask me

By now you can pick up some immodium AD and some baby wipes

starchy carbs are your best bet. Protein will just go right through you (at least the shakes will)

Viking_Power
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Try sliced turkey. It's pretty bland, and has protien. Also, try taking some acidophilous.

ClubberLang
11-19-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm trying to trace what did this to me. On Wednesday I went to a Korean BBQ restaurant. Now in my haste to show down I may have undercooked some meat, but I was there with my mom and she ate the same stuff as me and was ok. I didn't begin feeling sick until Saturday. That's almost 72 Hours. On Friday night I was @ a pub with a NASTY bathroom + overwhelming urine stench. They had no soap but I did wash my hands with water and tried to avoid touching anything. The runs started the next day.

Tom Mutaffis
11-19-2008, 06:43 AM
If you were at the pub I am assuming that you were drinking, might have been something related to that.

hellagrant
11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
sounds like food poisoning if you ask me

By now you can pick up some immodium AD and some baby wipes

starchy carbs are your best bet. Protein will just go right through you (at least the shakes will)

I thought food poisoning only lasts for 24hrs...??? Doesn't the body usually do a good job of getting rid of stuff like that quickly?

Pete22
11-19-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought food poisoning only lasts for 24hrs...??? Doesn't the body usually do a good job of getting rid of stuff like that quickly?

Viruses usually pass through quickly. But this past summer I had a bacterial form of nasty food poisoning that gave me the runs for like 6 days straight, I had a 103 fever to go along with it. My advice would be to go to the doctor b/c I ended up in the ER hooked up to an IV with severe dehydration. They gave me some antibiotics too.

borracho
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I had food poisoning for about 2.5 weeks in october..sucked.

AdviseORe
11-19-2008, 01:39 PM
I had something very similar happen to me around easter this year. I think it was from eating at taco bell. Anyways I ate at taco bell with my sister and a friend late thursday night. I didnt start getting sick until 4-5am on saturday morning and it lasted well into tuesday. Not to mention my sister and friend got sick with the same thing and then my mom got hit around tuesday, wednesday. Diarrhea, vomiting none stop, it was one of the worst sicknesses I have been through.