PDA

View Full Version : NAHA - A New Sport

Ben Moore
11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
=Travis= this would be right up your alley. This was posted by a good friend and founder of the organization on another board. I thought some here might like to hear about it.

We would like to announce the unveiling of our new organization, the North American Highlander Association, Inc. (NAHA).
NAHA will be offering a new strength competition which is a unique combination of the Scottish Highland Games and Strongman along with testing one's overall strength and athleticism. All contests will consist of half HG and half SM events. Events are planned for 2009 with more on the way. We are currently working with PRO HG/SM athletes to help promote the sport and are in contact with numerous festivals and events to host future contests. We know there will be some growing pains along the way but feel confident to get through those.
2009 will be spent mostly on the promoting and furthering of the North American Highlander Association and the highlander sport. The tentative plan is to have the first Annual NAHA Nationals in July/August 2010. Nationals will be open to all current members who have participated in at least one NAHA sanctioned event.

Understand, we are in no way trying to compete with or do business against any other organization. In fact, we hope to work side by side with other related sports organizations. We are simply offering another option to all the strength athletes out there.

If you are interested in becoming involved with North American Highlander Association, Inc. (NAHA) or would like to promote an event, become a member or possibly a state chair, please contact us at www.nahighlander.com for more information.

Please visit us at www.nahighlander.com for more information about rules, events planned, membership, merchandise, etc. or contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you on the field.

BigTallOx
11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Sounds like fun. I think my long arms and big hands could be an advantage in something like this.

WillNoble
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
MASERCLOS'n aint easy