PDA

View Full Version : need help,fat trying to lose weight

NO2
11-23-2008, 02:48 AM
hi all im tall and VERY out of shape, i eat all day long, for some reason i eat even when im not hungry, not sure why, i just keep eating.
over the last few months i have gained about 35lbs of pure fat, and thats only over a few months, ive been eating very bad for almost 2 years now
my stomache area is fat and i got a spare tire.high blood pressure and lord knows what else.
i eat out all day every day, fries, greasy hambergers the works about 3+ times a day i really dont eat any meals just order out junk and eat junk all day
an uncle of mine recently passed away for a heart attack and let me say that really opened my eyes because im on the same road if i dont stop.
for instance today i hate 5 slices of peperoni pizza and i was stuffed. about 15min later i made a bagel and cream cheese with jam and i wasnt even hungry but i ate it all
its stuff like that but all the time, im always eating geasey junk food and honestly after my uncle im scared

i need help because i have no idea were to start at all
its like a feeling that i want to start healthy but im lost i dont know were to begin of what to do, i must be at like 40%+ in body fat i have very little muscle mass now and have fat mass
in 2 years i went for a 34 waist to a 38 and now that getting tight i got a big gut

i would like to hear from ppl that can help me out and get me on the right track

ty

p.s oh ya, today i bought centrum multivitamins and omega 3-6-9 oil all in 1 capsule it says fish,flax,borage on the bottle, am i on the right track?

KingWilder
11-23-2008, 06:48 AM
www.fitday.com

track what you're eating for a week and see how your weight changes (if it stayed the same or went up, REDUCE. If it went down, keep the calories the same)

once you realize how bad you're actually doing, reduce the amount of calories and stop eating crappy food (all that fast food ****, pizza, bagels, etc. will do nothing except spike your insulin and make you feel hungry). You need more lean proteins, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats if you want to stave off hunger. Make the change gradually though as very few people can just cut out the junk completely at first...the big thing to focus on will be calories.

What are you doing to exercise?

NO2
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
exercise? whats that?

i havent done any exercise in the longest time, so i guess i should start off with a gym membership
if im trying to lose weight should i just stick to cardio for awhile?

just checked my bmi its at 31.65 obesity

R__J
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Organisation is the key, eat junk be junk! Have healthy food around loosing weight will be easy!

KingWilder
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
exercise? whats that?

i havent done any exercise in the longest time, so i guess i should start off with a gym membership
if im trying to lose weight should i just stick to cardio for awhile?

just checked my bmi its at 31.65 obesity

What have you done in the past for exercise? How long is "the longest time" exactly?

cardio and weights will give you the largest return in the long run, so don't skimp on either. If you've never done anything substantial try looking into an intro PT session. A lot of gyms offer a free session or two to help you learn the equipment...most PT's are idiots, but you might find a decent one. You're really only concerned with learning the ropes and making sure you know what you're doing safely.

If you're not comfortable joining a gym yet, try grabbing some Dumbbells and working out at home. The key is to start moving way more than you are currently.

bass slayer
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
you sound like my brother!!!!!! stop eating when your not hungry and you wont have a problem and also eat smaller portions more times a day. just dont stuff yourself with junk food. get your butt to the gym and lift weights. if you have a history of heart problems the last thing you want to be is a fat ass.

InsaneDynasty
11-24-2008, 07:27 AM
I completely agree with King that both weight lifting and cardio are both very important, and both use the fuel in your body differently:

Weight lifting: burns mostly fat energy, less carb energy, and even less protein energy
Cardio (aside from interval and sprint): Burns mostly carb energy, less fat energy, and even less protein energy

As for the food, research some healthy eating websites, they will show you the most beneficial foods with the least amount of "bad" calories.

Unreal
11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
What do you mean you don't know wear to start? You know you eat too much and eat junk, so stop doing that.

For someone in your case that has no clue and is out of control, I would suggest starting with a program type diet to get use to dieting/healthy food. Weight watchers, Jenni Craig, Atkins, South Beach, etc. Find a program and stick to it for 8-10 weeks. After that time you will have a better idea what your problems are and what seems to work for you.

kjd2121
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Troll????

J Mac0123
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Sorry about your uncle.. Id say before anything get your diet in check you sound in desperate need of help with that so maybe get on a nutrition program. Once you got that down i agree with king, dont skip out on the weights or cardio. Neither will hurt you, both will definetly benifit you. Good luck.

jpw204
11-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Troll????

I was thinking that too..............

JasonLift
11-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Well I will give this a go even if its a troll.

I know all about what you described. Having been a gym rat and iron addict I always add with a hefty appetite but I trained hard so it didn't matter. When I got married 3 years ago training went bye bye but appetite stayed. Now I always been a big guy, 6'3 270 and I was relatively trim, and 300 was where I liked. After 2 years of laying around being lazy I ended up 375 lbs. (I also blame my wifes great cooking).

I turned 28 last year and thought great I am gonna be one of these jackasses who turns 30 and lives off stories of my "glory days". Not too mention I hated the way I felt so I went back to the gym.

There is no magic secret or pill. Its just hard ass work. I weighed in at 306.6 this morning (about a year later) and my total has increased dramatically (not from when I started out of shape but from when I stopped training before, although I mostly credit that with switching to powerlfting and finding westside training methods).

The best part is I don't even eat right all the time. Sure 5 days I week I eat somewhat clean. 5-6 meals a day, good mix of protein, carbs, and fat. But I also eat out quite a few times. Infact last weekend I had half a large pizza, some mcdonalds breakfest, and an army of steak soft tacos at taco bell. There was more but I can't even remember in my food induced haze. This week I improved my 3 rep good morning max by 30 lbs. and lost 2 pounds (from last friday to this morning). Its really hard for me not to lose weight when I am training hard.

And by training hard I am not talking about 1.5 hours on the treadmill wishing you'd die, but heavy lifting. I only do "cardio" a couple times a week for 20-30 minutes and even then I sometimes skip that to goto mcdonalds.