PDA

View Full Version : WPC Worlds

PriestCometh
11-23-2008, 03:23 PM
My training partner goes 3 for 4.

Scot Mendelson made lifts at 903, 1014! and 1025!
He took a fourth at 1080 and missed at lockout.

Congrats, Mendy! You worked harder than I have ever seen you this past training cycle. We finally got his shirts dialed in.

Priest

KarstenDD
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Sick by Mendy! I'm really mcglad he is getting his numbers back up closer to where Ryan put the records.

Brian Hopper
11-24-2008, 06:44 AM
My training partner goes 3 for 4.

Scot Mendelson made lifts at 903, 1014! and 1025!
He took a fourth at 1080 and missed at lockout.

Congrats, Mendy! You worked harder than I have ever seen you this past training cycle. We finally got his shirts dialed in.

Priest

Dont forget about Andy Bolton's attempt to break his own DL record with
1004lbs, im not sure what he ended up with. i think it was 942, i know it was in the 9's and he made it look like it was 405 on the bar.

Josefin Brander
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Amazing lifts, I whish I was there!

cunniff1981
11-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't mean to hijack but does anyone know what Andy Bolton got????
I read that he tried to beat his old 1003 record but didn't get it.
Does anyone know any results for him???

KarstenDD
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't mean to hijack but does anyone know what Andy Bolton got????
I read that he tried to beat his old 1003 record but didn't get it.
Does anyone know any results for him???

1146/688/942-2777

LionLord
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
How in the world would a 1003 pound deadlifter miss 1012?? It's an extremely small difference. Did he lose strength or something? I saw a video of him attempt 1012 in youtube and I'm shocked. He failed to lock it out.

GerSmith
11-24-2008, 04:07 PM
this was posted on PLwatch by an Apparent Ed Coan. I don't know how true it is, that this is the REAL Ed Coan, something tells me to be skeptical as i've never known or seen Ed to post on the net like this but here's what the post said:

"I was there. On Saturday, the judging was pretty good. Al Caslow's squat was impressive. On Sunday, all the judging was out the window. Nobody was down. There were squats that were barely beyond half that were called. good. One of the judges, a side judge, said that if they judged like Saturday, there would be nobody to bench."

Now, if this is true, then I'm truly dissapointed. If it is the real ed coan then it's a reliable source as far as depth is concerned!

HP666
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
How in the world would a 1003 pound deadlifter miss 1012?? It's an extremely small difference. Did he lose strength or something? I saw a video of him attempt 1012 in youtube and I'm shocked. He failed to lock it out.

Are you kidding? We're talking about one thousand ****ing pounds here!!! It's not like Andy hits it every week, or trains with 1003; so 1012 is a big difference. And remember, he's only hit 1003 once, don't you think there's a reason for that? If he could hit it every time he could just open with 1003. And that is in no way a knock on Andy at all when I say he's only done it once, he's one of the best and I wish I could pull what he pulls. You have to realize, when you start getting into that big a weight, every pound does matter and there is absolutely no room for error; anywhere. Think of a mental check list. Let's say you step up on the platform to squat 350lbs, you check things off that list, bar placement, hands, belly out, knees out, etc, etc. Well, there may be 15 things on your list, but since you're only squatting 350 you can afford to only check off 8, don't get me wrong, you should ALWAYS check off the whole list, good form should be your routine, but I think you get what I'm saying. NOW, you are gonna squat 750lbs for a new PR, well son, you better have everything on that list checked and double checked, because if you don't the chances of you hitting that PR drop into the toilet. My point to all this rambling is that once you get into weight that will be a true max effort to handle any small thing out of place can throw it off. And that weight of course varies from person to person, for you and I it may be a 600lb DL, for Andy it's 1000.

Travis Bell
11-24-2008, 10:42 PM
well I think the biggest factor is when he pulled the first 1003, he took token squats and a raw bench. He was pretty fresh for that dead

Now he's losing energy on almost an 1200 squat attempt, 3 heavy bench attempts and then going to try and deadlift 1000+lbs. Not a real breeze

Brian Hopper
11-25-2008, 08:21 AM
His squat attempts looked easy, i think he missed his third on depth. all of his bench attempts looked like warm ups, and his 1st and 2nd deadlift looked stupid easy! i really thought he had 1004 that day. but he got stuck at his knees. it sucked to see garry frank bomb. he might of beat andy for the shw title, garry would of had at least 250+ lbs on his subtotal. not to mention garry can pull like hell also.

PriestCometh
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Dont forget about Andy Bolton's attempt to break his own DL record with
1004lbs, im not sure what he ended up with. i think it was 942, i know it was in the 9's and he made it look like it was 405 on the bar.

900+ in a meet is amazing. Not to mention that he did it in a 3 lift meet!!!

Brian Hopper
11-26-2008, 05:41 PM
900+ in a meet is amazing. Not to mention that he did it in a 3 lift meet!!!

Not to mention how easy he made it look!

mastermonster
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I announced the Benches and Deadlifts on Sunday. I also watched the squats from the crowd seats. I thought the squats were judged well if you know how to judge Heavyweights with big thighs (over discussed topic so I won't rehash it). Ed was there and I spoke briefly with him. I didn't hear him say anything about the squat depth, but like I said I only spoke with him briefly. He seemed in a real good mood. So, I'd be supprised if those were Ed's comments. Scot's benches were awesome! I think he'd have locked the 1080 if he'd taken it on his 3rd with full rest. Andy was impressive. I don't know why he left so much on the table on the bench press! They all looked like warmups. His squats all looked strong except his last. It looked like he never got set up right and was shaky going down. Not sure if it was red lighted on depth or early rack. The deads he made looked way easy. 1004 just seemed to run out of gas 1/2 up. I was also in N.Y. when he pulled 1003. That day he only squated 500 something and did bench in a shirt and, if I remember correctly; tried a 700 bench that day. I was impressed Andy got 1004 off the floor after squatting 1170 in Palm Beach! Great performance I thought!