PDA

View Full Version : Suited Sumo Deads and Squats (video)

Cricket_Fire
11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey all. Decided to work up on sumo deadlifts in my suit for the first time. I know I need to focus on arching harder, but any other form tips?

Also, about half-way through the video Ive got some suited squats in there. Is my elbows-under-the-bar problem getting any better? It seems if I dont get the bar placed perfectly on my back it feels like its gonna fall off when I pull my elbows under lol

NpWNGsy8EaA

Thanks,
Keenan

Ben Moore
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Vid not showing bud

Cricket_Fire
11-23-2008, 08:09 PM
grrrr haha

Heres the link (I suck at computers haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWNGsy8EaA

cphafner
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
grrrr haha

Heres the link (I suck at computers haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWNGsy8EaA

fixed

youngguns
11-23-2008, 08:11 PM
hafner beat me to it.

Cricket_Fire
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
haha and it only took 4 great minds to get it working :D

Thanks guys

Big o Boy
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice job. You're a big dude. That weight flew off the ground for the deadlifts. The arch like you said, looked like the only thing to me. If you can get that hard arch at the beginning I think it'll make your lock-out a lot easier.

Nice holiday music. lol.

cphafner
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
haha and it only took 4 great minds to get it working :D

Thanks guys

you're welcome

cphafner
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
hafner beat me to it.

yeah but I have super powers to change his original post!:evillaugh:

deeder
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Pulls looked good. You're right about the baby powder... It makes a HUGE difference for me.

You need to get some good spotters and really just sit back in to that suit. It doesn't even look like it's stopping you very hard, you're just coming up early as soon as it starts to catch you. I think you could hit depth very easily if you were patient and had some good spotters to get that confidence.

evilxxx
11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
I think you can add baby powder and 20-25 lbs more to the bar.

Lones Green
11-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Pulls looked good. You're right about the baby powder... It makes a HUGE difference for me.

You need to get some good spotters and really just sit back in to that suit. It doesn't even look like it's stopping you very hard, you're just coming up early as soon as it starts to catch you. I think you could hit depth very easily if you were patient and had some good spotters to get that confidence.

my thoughts exactly. hold your breath and sit back into that thing. you are high.

Cricket_Fire
11-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys :) . I can deffinatly hit depth, because Ive made lifts in this suit when I was heavier in competition; I think Im just being a pussy haha. Guess Ill have to get spotters next time and make damn sure I get down there

How do my elbows look? Last couple times Ive posted videos, I was told I need to get my elbows under more.

Thanks all :)

Lones Green
11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys :) . I can deffinatly hit depth, because Ive made lifts in this suit when I was heavier in competition; I think Im just being a pussy haha. Guess Ill have to get spotters next time and make damn sure I get down there

How do my elbows look? Last couple times Ive posted videos, I was told I need to get my elbows under more.

Thanks all :)

the elbows are back a bit, but mine do the same thing when i'm on that short of a bar.