PDA

View Full Version : my first comp. coming up

bako stud
11-25-2008, 11:57 PM
so im going to a competition in sacramento on the 13th, and it will be my first competition i have been to. my stats are

age-18
weight-195
bench-315
squat-395
deadlift-455

i know my squat is pretty low =( but im trying to bring it up, just wondering if there is any tips out there. im kind of scared because i have no clue how i will do but i am excited to do this.

SELK
11-26-2008, 01:09 AM
My suggestion is to make sure you really known the rules of the federation that you are competing in, Ive found just searching youtube for lifts in the federation you are planning on lifting in gives a good idea what to expect.

Always pick light openers that you are 100% confident you can get as well. Judging by your numbers (assuming they are all very clean lifts, no bouncing on the bench and the squat is low) I would likely open around 330/275/390. May sound low but ive noticed alot of first time competitors open too heavy. I have been guilty of this myself.

most importantly, have fun.. you will be instantly hooked after one meet. I know I was.

Illinimeats
11-26-2008, 05:23 AM
I agree, open light; it's not where you start, it's where you end that is important. Practice the pause on your bench and always listen to the commands. A lot of people get red lighted by not listening to the judges commands.

Illinimeats

bako stud
11-26-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks guys for the advice.. ill prob follow that but im not gona lie, my bench at 315, i do lift my ass up a tad bit sooo maybe ill go a little lower, im trying to get 315 pretty good with perfect form before the comp. but yes i think i already am hooked working out has changed so much because now i dont work out just to do it and get big, i want to get stronger for competitions so me and my 2 gym partners push each other way harder which is awsome

JasonLift
11-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Good luck.

EatMyWay2TheTop
11-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Good luck man

vdizenzo
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Have fun and kicks some ass!