PDA

View Full Version : Figured I would share this vid...

elitepler
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Were like a big family here, so I figured I would share this video of one of my twins on the mat with Royce Gracie. Royce gave them thier first belts about 8 months ago. This was last week and they got their next belts.

My boys started in karate when they were 4 and got thier black belts when they were 10. Since 10 (they are now 13) they have been getting private Jiu-jitsu/muay thai/MMA lessons every week. Webber25, who posts on here, is thier instructor.

Heres the short vid, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuTp0wf920

I now it's not really pl related, but still kinda cool

Ben Moore
11-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Very cool man! That's a huge opportunity

Athos
11-29-2008, 08:33 PM
That is awesome, I would love to get a chance to roll with any of the Gracie clan, although I think it would be a bit scary at the same time, that guy could choke you out in 100 different ways. Your boys are lucky!

HP666
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Awesome video!!!! I used to study Kajukenbo and dabbled in Gracie Jiujitsu back in the day. Had my white belt and trained for about six months. I had the privilege of training with Royler Gracie back in the late 90's. I actually had the chance to roll with him. I lasted about 75 seconds before he tapped me out, which made me feel great, although I did outweigh him at the time by about 125 lbs!!! Great, great guy.

Athos
11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Hp666... if you lasted over a minute with Royler, you are no joke.... I'd be ecstatic if I made it that long with a Gracie!

HP666
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Hp666... if you lasted over a minute with Royler, you are no joke.... I'd be ecstatic if I made it that long with a Gracie!

Well, like I said, it was a a long time ago and I was in killer overall shape then as far as rolling went, and that extra 125 can't be underestimated. And trust me when I tell you, it was 75 seconds of defense!!!

elitepler
11-30-2008, 11:25 PM
yup, webber25 has rolled with both Royce and Rodrigo and can last about the same amount of time using pure strength. When they feel you lock them up, they just wait you out, get you tired and submit you. Royce was preaching being "smooth" this seminar, smoothness beats power he said, so true.