PDA

View Full Version : sfw Australian style

minotaur70
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey- time for me to put a post up.
Way back- about 3 years ago a group of lifters and myself set up a group and starting training- we were all IPF lifters, interested in westside, militia etc- we coped some hating because of it. I was already reading the logs and posts from Vinny- and talking to people from Militia via forums- but Vinny was especially generous and helpful. I picked up some great knowledge, but also a lot about what makes powerlifting as great as it is- attitude, commitment, loyality and dedication to the sport. We were getting labeled because we train with non-IPF guys, looked at westside etc- clubs here have names and others were giving our crew names that were negative and derogatory- inferring drugs etc- also names like "mental militia" -at this point our response was we aren't into labels- if we are committed to something its sfw. From that day thats what the group was named. The common goal get strong and train hard. As you all know the abbreviation 'sfw' was coined and popularised by Vince "Too many guys are looking for the right program instead of just smashing f**king weights." Anyway- we have done our best to avoid all the federation crap- powerlifting is too small for hating. People make their own choices when it comes to federation, gear etc- no point crying about it. Now the sfw thing in Australia has grown- its no longer a club thing- its now more like a community of lifters, across feds, throughout Australia and New Zealand. Some people are saying its the best thing to happen to the sport over here and as the community of lifters grows the totals seem to be rising as well. Its worth posting up here to show you people like Vinny do have shaped an approach to lifting and training, not just there in the US, but around the world. Over here you'll see lifters of all shapes and sizes, champs, disabled lifters, young and old- all proudly wearing their sfw t-shirts and hoodies.
Drop by and say hi on the forum. They'd love it.
The website is http:www.sfwplc.com

HP666
11-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I think Vinnie is owed a royalty here, no?!!! Good job by you guys to not let the haters get you down. That ****'s just poison, I learned that a long time ago; too much talk and not enough SFW is just flat out bull****.

minotaur70
11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I think Vinnie is owed a royalty here, no?!!! Good job by you guys to not let the haters get you down. That ****'s just poison, I learned that a long time ago; too much talk and not enough SFW is just flat out bull****.

Vinnie has been in the loop the whole time- if we made any money he'd get royalities that is for sure. Till then we buy the sfw stuff and pay the rolyalities in respect.

RhodeHouse
11-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Good to hear you guys are kicking ass. SFW!

HP666
11-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Vinnie has been in the loop the whole time- if we made any money he'd get royalities that is for sure. Till then we buy the sfw stuff and pay the rolyalities in respect.

Well of course I hope you realize I made that comment tongue and cheek? That means kidding here in the U.S. Seriously though, I could not be more impressed with what you guys have done/are doing, it really is awesome. And believe me, Vinnie has that effect on a lot of people. Like I posted on your guest book, keep up the good work and SFW!!

tomv
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
G'day Minotaur,

Fellow aussie here even If I do get to live in a better city then you =P. Mate could you possibly direct me to where I can find out when the next PL comps are gunna be in my state? I don't want to compete (at this point) I just want to watch the big buggers.

mattdunkin
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Really cool post-that's what it's all about.