PDA

View Full Version : Joey54 back to DC training

Pages : [1] 2

joey54
11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
First day doing DC style training since the summer. Moved and switched to a powerlifting type routine in August. Took a break the past week and really started jonesing to do DC again. Started light. Some exercises I am keeping a higher rep range. I forgot how tough doing deadlifts for reps and doing them last in a workout was.

If you aren't familiar with DC training, check out IM.com for all the details.

Chest
Barbell Bench Press- 205 x 25 reps rest paused. Got 17 in my first set and it killed me. Was aiming for 30, but still in my 20-30 rep range. Bench Press is not a highly recommended DC exercise, but just read a post by Dante the other day which he stated if one wants to do it, do it powerlifting style, which I do, and keep the reps 15-30 rest paused. I am pretty weak in bench, and think it is a good overall upper body movement, so we shall see how it goes. Moving up to 210 next time.

Shoulders
Hammer Shoulder press- 2 plates per side for 21 reps rest paused. Trying for 15-20 reps in this exercise, so will definitely go up in weight next time.

Triceps
DB Floor Presses- 70 lbs x27 reps rest paused. Looking for a 20-30 rep range with dumbbells. In the rep range. Will move up to 75 lbs next time.

Back Width
Lat Pulldown- 200 lbs x 20 reps rest paused. Like to be in the 11-15 reps rest paused range in this exercise. Underestimated my strength in this exercise. Will go up to 220 lbs next time, as it is the next weight on the stack and shot for 11-15 reps rest paused and go from there.

Back Thickness
Deadlifts- Have not done full deads for higher reps in some time, so I overestimated here. Plus was feeling the workout by the end. Did 425 x 6. Was looking to get 8. Bumped down to 365 looking for 12 and got 8. Will go up to 430 on my heavy set next time and stay at 365 for the lighter set. I am guessing my reps will increase in the 430 as I get acclimated to the training again. Should have probably just did 405 and 315.

Tuesday will be arms and legs. Looking at EZ curl bar drag curls, seated hammer curls, standing calf raises, lying hamstring curls, and leg presses. My squat workout will be next sunday, one week apart from deadlifts.

cphafner
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Glad to see you start a DC journal. I decided to give DC training a shot about a month ago. Enjoying it so far. I plan on looking here for tips!

ZenMonkey
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Good luck man! DC training looks brutal.

joey54
11-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Glad to see you start a DC journal. I decided to give DC training a shot about a month ago. Enjoying it so far. I plan on looking here for tips!

One thing is for how simple it is, you can keep learning things. I know you have done your research and will do well with it. I will keep tabs on your journal too.

Darracq
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM
I have messed with Dc a little before, just worried i would loose max strenght on bench. what do you think?

cphafner
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
One thing is for how simple it is, you can keep learning things. I know you have done your research and will do well with it. I will keep tabs on your journal too.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I read IM.com a lot to keep learning. Still tweaking things a bit. Took a couple tries to figure out the exercises that work well for me, rep ranges, etc. Things should go smoothly now.

joey54
11-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I have messed with Dc a little before, just worried i would loose max strenght on bench. what do you think?

Yeah, if you are concerned with you strength on singles, especially bench, a westside template might be more advantageous for you than DC. Both are great programs for a specific goal. I really have just enjoyed training in this fashion and trying to beat my best each time in the gym.

joey54
12-01-2008, 05:20 AM
Today

Abs- Rope crunches- 67 lbs x 30 reps. I like to do 1 set of 20-30 reps. Will up the weight probably two pins next time.
Cardio- 20 mins eliptical at level 12. Kept my pace between 5-6 miles per hour. Probably have to even tone that down a bit.
Stretching- about 20 minutes of stretching. Even with doing the extreme stretching on lifting days, like to get a good stretch in. Really helps recovery.

New to this journal stuff, so here is what I ate yesterday. I don't count calories. If I feel weak, I eat more. If my stomach gets too big, I eat a little less.

Yesterday

Pre Workout- 1 scoop Pro Complex(have to finish this before I open my Nitrean)
1 1/2 servings of a dark chocolate bar
During workout- 2 scoops of powdered gatorade+BCAAs
Post workout1- 2 scoops WaxiMaize(conserving until I get my new shipment), 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine(trying to finish off what I have), BCAA's
Post workout2- about 30 minutes later. 2 scoops Pro Complex, 2 big bowls of Wheaties
Meal 2- Canned Chicken Breast(big can), 1 bag of Sweet Potato Chips, 1 serving v8
Meal 3- Canned Tuna(I was lazy with cooking today), Some Blue Corn Totilla Chips con Picante
Meal 4- 12 oz of cooked Steak, big salad with feta cheese and balsamic viniagrette dressing, Green Tea
Meal 5- 1/3 big container of cottage cheese, decaf Green tea

Probably should have got another meal in there somewhere, but I napped a bit during the day

Today

Pre Workout- 1 scoop pro complex, 5 gms creatine
Breakfast- 4 scrambled jumbo eggs with feta cheese, 2 big bowls of Wheaties, Some Pomegranate, Kashi Pumpkin Flax bar, Green Tea

The rest later tonight.

joey54
12-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Meals for today continued.................

Meal 2- Canned Chicken Breast, Almonds, Orange
Meal 3- 10 oz (estimated) Grilled Chicken Breast, Asparagus, probably about 3 servings of brown rice
Meal 4- Canned Tuna(On a canned kick because of how easy it is), orange
Meal 5- about 1 lb worth of Lamb Chops, Red Potato, Greens Salad with feta cheese and balsamic viniagrette dressing, Green Tea
(This was after 6 pm, technically the "carb cutoff", but on the days before training I like to get a good amount of complex carbs in me spread out over 3 meals. I train at 5:00 am. This has worked out ok in the past for me)
Meal 6- Will be before bed. 1/3 container of cottage cheese and probably a serving or two of natural peanut butter. decaf Green Tea.

cphafner
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
diet is looking real clean. Looks like you do a carb cutoff.

joey54
12-02-2008, 05:10 AM
diet is looking real clean. Looks like you do a carb cutoff.

Later in the week it is going to get dirty. :evillaugh:

Today

4:10 am wake up

1 scoop of Pro Complex and about a serving of dark chocolate(I don't really know why I like this stuff pre-workout, but it gets me going. Probably the caffeine. Hopefully my Buzzsaw(its like NO Xplode but half the price) and waximaize get here this week)

During Workout 2 scoops powdered gatorade and BCAA's

Workout 2A( First one was 1A. Will call the upper body ones 1A, 1B, and 1C. Lower body 2A, 2B, 2C).

Ez Curl Drag Curls- 25 lb plate per side x 35 reps rest paused. In the past 3 months you can count the number of times I have done curls on one hand. Again, wanted to start light. Way too light. Did 20 reps in the first rest pause part of the set. Will probably add a 10 each side. Really like to focus on form though with the drag curls. On straight Barbell curls I use a little english.

Seated Hammer Curls(both arms at the same time)- 60 poundsx14 reps straight set. I kept my feet up on foot rest to try to eliminate cheating. Did my arm stretches after these.

Seated Calf Raise- Just did 1 plate per side. It is side loaded, not front loaded like some. 11 reps with a 5 sec negative and 15 second hold at the bottom position. Will just add 5 pounds per side next workout. These get painful at about rep 7, no matter the weight.

Lying leg curl-170 pounds x 17 reps rest paused. First time using this machine. Will need to add weight. I was two plates from using the whole stack though. Am going to probably have to figure out how to add weight on to this in the next few months, or switch to dumbbell leg curls. Hamstring stretch.

Leg Press- As with everything, started light. Did 10 plates per side for 10 reps. Loosely wrapped my knees for this one to keep them warm. No problems with this and will increase 5-10 pounds next time depending on how I feel during warmups. Widowmaker set was 8 plates per side for 27 reps. Followed by a few minutes of laying on the floor to recover. Will up the weight by as much as a quarter per side next time. Have to see how I feel. Did my quad stretch.

Downed 2 servings of Waximaize, another serving of gatorade, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, and BCAA's.

30 minutes later at home had 2 scoops of Pro Complex and a huge bowl of Wheaties. On a wheaties kick right now. Probably will keep carbs to fruits and veggies the rest of the day. Just drank a double strength cup of Green Tea as I wrote this.

joey54
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Food for the rest of the day

Meal 2- Just some almonds and an orange. This was bumped up a bit early due to work today
Meal 3- Probably an 8 oz piece of grilled chicken, asparagus, and some pomegranate. Double bag Green Tea again. Really long afternoon meeting in Harrisburg.
Meal 4- Delayed due to meeting. Big can of chicken Breast(it is 5 servings) and an orange
Meal 5- Lazy so ate a can of tuna and shared it with our cats. GF is at school tonight, so I spoil them. Downed some V8 and some olive oil straight from the bottle because I really didn't get a lot of fat in today. That gulp took care of that. Green Tea
Meal 6- Before bed will finish off that container of cottage cheese, get in some more natural pb(more fat!) and sip some decaf green tea.

Legs are a good sore. Cramped up after getting up from that long meeting and the ride back home.

Notorious
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Cool training. Do you do the "extreme" stretching as well?

joey54
12-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Certainly do. 45-90 sec stretch depending on how long I can stand the pain. I do all bodyweight stretches, no weights. (goal should be at least 60, first week I am starting slowly with these too)

joey54
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Today

Wake up- 1 scoop of pro complex and 5 gms glutamine
Gym- Cardio 20 minutes on the eliptical. Hill program at level 9. Stretch for 20 minutes
Meal 1- 4 Jumbo eggs scrambled with Feta Cheese. 2 cups measure uncooked of Oats. Green Tea. Multi(always take my multi with breakfast)
Meal 2- about 8 oz of grilled chicken breast and asparagus.
Meal 3- 2 frozen beef and bean burritos. Large container of brown rice. Green Tea.
Meal 4- 1 scoop of pro complex and an orange
Meal 5- Will cook after writing this. 12 oz steak. 1 medium red potato. more asparagus. Green Tea.
Meal 6- Before bed. 1 can of Tuna(out of cottage cheese for now). Some nature PB.

Got my Buzzsaw and Waximaize today!!!

joey54
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Some edits to yesterday. I didn't have as much asparagus left as I thought, so that was cooked for meals for today and tomorrow. I just drank some v-8 with dinner. I actually drank a little more at bed time too. Yummy! Also ate some Blue Corn Tortilla Chips with Picante during dinner.

I was thinking about this today, but I probably should have put a disclaimer on my journal. Please, if you are not familiar with DC training assume this is the way, or only way one is to do it. Some things I may be doing might not be consistent with everything you have read. I made a few edits in posts to be consistent with other information available. To me it is really just semantics, but I don't want to add to any confusion. If you have never done DC training you really need to research it at the appropriate place. I am not an authority at all. I did it for about 2 years, many of the time doing things which would be considered "wrong" because I didn't have all the information at the beginning. But I still saw good results because my focus irregardless was on progression. That is the key. I wanted to post a journal on here because few people train in this fashion on this site and thought it may be interesting to check out. I guess I am just trying to convey this is not a program you see and just decide to try for a few weeks or so. Again, check IM out for all the info if you feel you are ready to train this way and read up on it.

Also, in regards to my diet. I just wanted to post what I eat. This is not a "DC diet", nor is there really a "DC diet". There are general principles and then you tailor it to your needs. Same thing with the training to a certain extent. I think I probably need to be eating more protein to gain the size I want. But, things don't get done in extremes, subtle changes in my opinion work best. Ok enough of that. On to today.

Wake up- Serving of Pro Complex
30 minutes before workout- Buzzsaw(like NO Explode somewhat)
Workout- 2 servings powder Gatorade and BCAA's

Workout 1B

Hammer Strength Incline Press- 3 plates+10 per side x16 reps rest pause. Will up by 10 lbs next time. Went outside the 11-15 rep range. As weights get heavier the second and especially 3rd part of the set get tough to start on. Not a problem today. Did the chest stretch with 70 lb dumbbells today. Could only safely hold for 45 seconds. Will drop back to 65's and go for 60 seconds.

DB shoulder press- 60 lbs x 24 reps rest paused. 20-30 rep range here. Because 5 lbs is a big jump from workout to workout, will shoot for 26 reps next week before going to 65's. Shoulder Stretch for 60 seconds. Painful, but no problems.

Wide Reverse Grip Bench Press on the Smith- 2 plates per side x 15 reps rest pause. BOOOOO to the smith says WBB'ers. I agree for beginners, but sometimes safer is better. To do this exercise on a free weight barbell without a spot is difficult. Also I kept my butt off the bench to further stress the tri's. Like the movement. Will just up 5 lbs next time. Tri Stretch for 60 seconds.

Rack Chins- 50 lb dbx16 reps rest paused. First time doing these without someone placing the dumbbell in my lap. Figured it out on the second part of the set. I probably used too high of a bench setting to place my feet. Will adjust next time. UP to the 60 lb db next time.

Bent Over rows in the smith machine- 2 plates per side for 10 reps. Again, there is a reason the smith was used. Doing these to lock myself into position. First time trying these and will actually lower the weight in order to get a better "groove" next time. Kept the back flat and place my feet in front of the bar. So imagine the body in the position of a 7 doing a bent over row. Free weight I have been able to work up to 315 with looser form, but also doing these to save the lower back as well, because I will be squatting on my 2B Sunday. Back Stretch

At the gym- 3 scoops of Waxy Maize(Waximaize, whatever), 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's
Meal 1- at home 30 minutes later. 2 scoops pro complex. 2 big bowls of wheaties. Green Tea.
Meal 2- 8 oz cooked grilled chicken breast. Asparagus. Orange. Green Tea
Meal 3- Large Buffalo Chicken Salad which included romaine, black and green olives, provolone cheese, onions, tomatoes, fried buffalo chicken strips, and blue cheese dressing. Also ate some bread with this and a diet coke. I would consider this a cheat meal. But my cheat meals also can get much worse than this.
Meal 4- 1 scoop of pro complex. 1 1/2 servings of almonds
Meal 5- Beef and Bean Chili. We slow cooked it in the crock pot all day. It smells so good. Will make quite a few meals in the next couple of days. Eating that in a few minutes. Will also drink more Green Tea.
Meal 6. Can of Tuna. Natural PB. Decaf Green Tea. Will eat this before bed.

View 1
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM
DC is brutal, always liked the concept, I read IM alot, dante makes classic post ( and just plain good points about working out period ). Looks good so far.

How do you like the buzzsaw? And what made you pick that over bcaa boast?

Darracq
12-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I was wondering what kind of strength and size gains you saw, when you ran this before?

cphafner
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
nice session joey. I am going to try and do 20-30 rep range on DB shoulder tomorrow. I tried 70's last week and got 12 on the first set, but then couldn't get the 2nd set started. Going to try 60's this week and will aim to beat your reps!:hello:

You drink a lot of green tea. I know Dante is a fan. I have been doing 2-3 cups a day myself instead of coffee.

joey54
12-05-2008, 02:42 AM
View 1- Just started the buzzsaw yesterday. So far so good. I picked it because I had tried that NO explode stuff before and liked it, but thought it was too expensive. Saw some discussion about it on the forums and figured for 20 bucks why not. I just like to get some sort of nutrition in, but when 20 bucks will last me 10 weeks worth of lifting, i say why not. Too be honest really didn't look into the BCAA boost. Maybe will in the future.

Darraq- 215 to about 250 pound wise. Right now I am around 245ish, looking to get to 260 pounds. Diet as much as any training is the important factor with that. DC isn't a magic pill, but the training does give somone the ability to add muscle with the right diet. During my time doing this I have received many comments about size gained from many people, so I know it is working. During the first time when I got to 245 first, I backed down to about 230 because I felt I had gained a bit of weight too quickly. As for strength gains, significantly stronger in many exercises than when I started. Will have to refer to the log book for some examples.

CP- This week has been a lot of green tea. Helps with the metabolism that is for sure. I have no doubt you will beat me in shoulders, but I will beat that set next time too.

joey54
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
For today

Wake up- 1 scoop pro complex
Abs, morning cardio, stretch
Meal 1-4 scrambled eggs with feta cheese, 2 cups of oatmeal, Green Tea
Meal 2- 8 oz chicken breast, asparagus, pomegranate
Meal 3- Chili mixed with brown rice. Used this as a dip for blue corn Tortilla chips. It was a good amount. Double Green Tea. Pumpkin Roll(it was free in the lunch room, why not?)
Meal 4- 1 scoop of pro complex with 5 gm creatine, almonds, orange
Meal 5- Haddock, some v8, and some Green Tea
Meal 6- Tuna and natural PB, decaf Green Tea

Will try to post the strength gains sometime this weekend.

joey54
12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Going to make a few posts in a row. Saturdays are for watching football and spending time with my lady, so didn't have the time or desire to make an entry

Saturday
Meal 1- 2 scoops of pro complex, 2 bowls of wheaties, Green Tea
On Saturday morning I usually head down to Lancaster and roll ju jitsu with my buddy for about an hour. We DON'T train like MMA fighters. This is a very loose, relaxed atmosphere where we practice moves and techniques at about 50% most of the time. It would be like playing an hour of half court pick up basketball. It is not taxing and I know to back off if it is getting too much. I make sure this doesn't affect weight training, which is my primary goal. We both enjoy the sport and feel this helps in our appreciation of it. Sometimes a couple friends join in, which makes it better.
Meal 2- Made a bag of that Lipton flavored rice(cheddar broccoli) and mixed the rest of the haddock in I made last night. Also ate blue corn tortilla chips with picante. Lots of carbs. Green Tea
Meal 3- Final container of chill. Threw some Feta Cheese on. Orange. Green Tea.
Meal 4- 1 scoop of pro complex with 5 grms creatine and BCAA's. 1 bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal. 1 Kashi Pumpkin Flax bar. Green Tea
Meal 5- 12 oz of steak. Oriental vegetable mix(broccoli, green beans, onions, mushrooms). Green Tea
Meal 6- 1 scoop of pro complex with some olive oil for fat. Decaf Green Tea.
Meal 7-1 can of tuna(a little to the cats). Natural PB. Right before bed.

Stayed up to watch maybe my favorite college football player of all time, Pat White, play his final game at the Mountaineer field. Glad he picked up a win and hopefully they have another great bowl game to finish out his career. I am a ND fan, but love great players like Pat White, Tim Tebow, etc.... Guys who are winners and leave it on the field.

joey54
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Today

Wake up- 1 scoop of Pro Complex.
30 minutes before workout- Buzzsaw
During workout- about 2.5 servings of powdered gatorade with BCAA's

Workout 2B- CP you are motivating me here!

Incline DB curls(grip the inside ring of the dumbbell)- 55's x 17 reps total rest paused. Up to 60's next time. I know it is surprising I can use the same weight to curl as DB shoulder press, but I go for higher rep ranges in those, and I hit the chest before the shoulders. That does change things.

Pinwheel curls- 65's x's 14 reps SS. I don't use straps for this like the do in the video. With these, you can use momentum to get extra reps if you feel like it, but I try to watch that. I try to stay pretty strict. Up to 70's next time. Arm Stretch for 70 seconds after this.

Horizontal calf press- First time using this machine. Went a bit too light, but if you go to heavy on these, it really compromises the set. 230 lbs(on a stack) for 15 reps(5 sec negative, 15 sec bottom hold). Will go up to 250 pounds.

Sumo Leg Press- Used same machine as leg press for 2A, but put my heels up to the top of the platform. Can't just go all heels, because it feels like I might slide off, but make sure I push the weight through my heels. 6 plates per side x's 14 reps SS. Will add a 5 per side probably next time. 70 sec hamstring stretch.

Squats- 405x's 9 reps. Belt and knee wraps used. A little bit of a forward lean per someone watching my form, but nothing to worry about injury over. Being taller I expect a lean, but I will focus next time on reducing this a bit. Back feels fine right now. Will up this set to 410 next time. 275 lbs x 20 reps. Raw as the buzzword is on here. Doing this at the end of your workout is a little bit different than warming up for one set of 20 first thing. Kept the weight light to focus on form. Really had hoped to get about 25 reps, but the highest rep amount I have been doing since August has been 5 for any working sets. So all things considered not bad. On rep 20 I felt a bit of a lean before the hips on the way up. That is my sign to end the set. There is always next time and it isn't worth hurting yourself over. There is a line between intense and stupid which you have to make sure you don't cross. I will go up to 280 lbs and as my conditioning gets better, these sets should get better.

Post workout- 3 scoops of Waxy Maize. 5 gms Creatine. 5 gms Glutamine. BCAA's
Meal 1- 30 minutes after workout. 2 scoops of Pro Complex. 1 more scoop and I can open my Nitrean. Multi. 2 cups uncooked oatmeal. Green Tea.

cphafner
12-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Workout 2B- CP you are motivating me here!

Same here dude. I may have topped you on shoulders, but damn your numbers in that last workout blow me away.

Your curls make me realize I am too high on most of my rep ranges. Need to increase the weights and drop the reps.

joey54
12-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Darracq
You had asked about strength gains. Now when I first attempted this in September of 2006, I went way to heavy on many things, but here is an idea of where I started with some exercise and how I finished this past summer. Some exercises got rotated out for a while, but here are some examples.

Incline DB press. FT did 100 for 8 reps rest paused. Last time I attempted them in early Summer this year I did 100's for 19 reps rest paused.

Regular Bench. FT I attempted I thought I could get 255. Got 3 on my first attempt which screwed it up. Fast forward to 2 years later and I got 260 for 11 reps rest paused. No spot or lift off. Now, I was being dumb with these because I kept the rep ranges too low. Also rotated these out for a while, but brought them back in. now doing lighter weight. First time last week did 205 for 25 reps rest paused with no spotter. Give me about a year on these and they will be up there.

Also first year of doing DC, I was going off of 1 article in Flex which intrigued me. Only got to IM last year in October.

2 years ago on squats I did 405 x's 5 and 275 x's 17 on my first attempted DC workout. Today, What I did is posted above, and that is without training for reps in over 3 months, so while there is not a huge strength gain there, all things considered. It gives me a good base to work off of. For awhile I got away from widowakers and did a rest pause type pause squat which was stupid. I brought the idea up at IM and it was greatly frowned upon. I got up to 435 on my heavy sets for 5 and 325 for my wiowmakers, but failed around 17 at my max on those.

Leg Press, which is a different machine than what I use now started with 1090 for 5 and 860 for 18. Less than 2 years later 1170 x's 5 and 960 for 21.

Rack Deads I went from 495 for 4 to 535 for 8

Bent over rows went from about 240 for 8 to 290 for 9.

Those werent's done over the entire 2 years.
These are just a few examples. Some are better than other. It takes a bit of time to go back and forth through the log book. Keep in mind I did't quite get the full graps on DC training, per my own fault of not researching it better, until about a year in. That maybe affected some progress.

joey54
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Same here dude. I may have topped you on shoulders, but damn your numbers in that last workout blow me away.

Your curls make me realize I am too high on most of my rep ranges. Need to increase the weights and drop the reps.

I am really strong on legs. It was my focus for football training and has always been.

joey54
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
And, I meant really strong in legs in comparison to the rest of my body. Not that I am really strong in legs. I need to get stronger everywhere.

Meal 2- Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich, 2 pickles, Blues Chips, Rasberry Iced Tea. Out to eat at a restaurant called Memphis Blues before grocery shopping.

Meal 3- Can of Tuna. Some Walnuts. Green Tea

Meal 4- 8 oz of thin cut steak, asparagus, Green Tea

Meal 5- 1 scoop of Pro Complex in soy milk mixed with olive oil

Meal 6- 1/3 container of cottage cheese. Natural PB. Decaf Green Tea.

Darracq
12-08-2008, 09:05 AM
thanks for looking up those numbers. I havent gained much at all on my lifts in the last few years, but it seems like something always screws me up. I keep getting closer and closer to trying DC, i just like the looks of it and i wouldnt mind doing something different. I made great gains when i started with only 1 set to failure so maybe this is the kind of training for me. I have done good with what i am doing now but i start doing to many singles and i hit a wall. just need to get my head out lol.

joey54
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Not a problem Darracq. I expect much better progress this time around with the past experience.

Today.

Wake up-1 scoop of Nitrean
Morning Cardio and Stretch
Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs(subtle changes), 2 big bowls of wheaties, Green Tea
Meal 2- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, orange
Meal 3- 8 oz of chicken breast grilled, asparagus, big container of brown rice, Green Tea
Meal 4- Can of Tuna, Almonds
Meal 5- Making chilli right now. Will scoop up with some tortilla chips. Green Tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese. I ate half last night as well, not a 1/3. Natural PB. Decaf Green Tea.

joey54
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Darracq,

Let me know how rest pausing your accesory lifts works out for you, if you decide to do that.

Darracq
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I have my journal on here if you want to check it out. I think i am going to give that a try, i did tri`s the other day and i was sore for days lol. I need to add some size bad.

joey54
12-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I will check the journal out after I type this up.

Today

Wakeup-1 scoop of Nitrean
30 mins before workout- Serving of Buzzsaw
During workout- 2 servings of powdered Gatorade with BCAA's added

Workout 1C

Incline Barbell Press- Wanted to save these for when I stalled on something and do Smith Incline, but the Smith was taken. Yeah well, I know WBB hates on the smith anyway. 225 lbs x 12 reps rest paused. First time doing Incline Barbell since July, maybe? Not exactly sure, I screwed around with them on a cruise. Anyway, felt pretty good and will up to 230 lbs next time.

Standing Military Press- If you have been reading these enteries, you already know my shoulder pressing movements are weak. Here is no exception. 135 lbs x 17 reps rest paused. Will move up to 145 lbs next time. If you want to be better, have to work on your weak points.

Barbell Close Grip Bench Press- My thinking was I could do incline at 225 for the rep range, why not close grip too. Flawed. Without a spot or liftoff, I fail quickly in this exercise. 225 x's 8 reps rest paused. My goof. Way out of the rep range. Back down to 205 to fall closer to 15 reps rest paused and go from there.

HS Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown- 2 plates+25 for 15 reps rest paused. Lets go up to +30 per side next time.

HS Row- 4 Plates per side x 13 reps. Will go up to 4 plates+5 per side next time. Used some english on the last 2 reps, but still controlled the negative.

Did all my stretches. Legs are really sore from Sunday still. I must really be growing. :rolleyes:

Postworkout at gym-3 scoops of Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 30 minutes later. 2 scoops of Nitrean. 1 big bowl of Wheaties. Green Tea.
Meal 2- Canned Chicken Breast. Almonds. Orange
Meal 3- Chili. Orange. Double Bag Green Tea.
Meal 4- 1 serving of Nitrean. Almonds. Orange. (I am on an orange kick today. Actually I bought a bunch of fruit that is coming this week, so trying to get rid of stragglers)
Meal 5- 8 oz of steak. Asparagus. Green Tea. Cooking that up in a few minutes.
Meal 6- Before Bed. 1/2 big container of cottage cheese. More almonds(finished my PB last night).

In another week or so will add another meal. Then, will start gradually adding food(mostly protein) into meals. I have done that with some meals already.

joey54
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Today

Wake up- 1 scoop of nitrean
Abs, Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 5 eggs scrambled mixed with feta cheese, Wheaties, Green Tea
Meal 2- 1 can chicken breast, Almonds
Meal 3- 8 oz grilled chicken breast, Brown Rice, Orang, Green Tea(2 bags)
Meal 4- Canned Tuna, Orange, Whole Grain Pop Tarts, Butterscotch Krimpets(don't ask, weird combo, they looked good sitting on the table in the lunch room)
Meal 5- Loaded Steakhouse Burger Combo Meal(got it in before 6)
Wound up napping for about 2 hours and just woke up. Going to get 1 more meal and go back to sleep. Congested today. Hope it clears up before tomorrow's workout. If it is not optimal, I will push the lift off until Friday.
Meal 6-1/2 tub of cottage cheese. Prboably a glass of v8 to get some more veggies and decaf green tea. going to get that in about 10 minutes.

ZenMonkey
12-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Everything looks dead on man. Awesome dilegence

cphafner
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Workout looks good other than overshooting the weight on close grip. You'll get it next time. Good stuff! Glad to see some junk food in there. Makes me feel better about my Wendy's today. Using those ISO rows as motivation next week. I only got 8 on 4pps. Gonna fight for more next time!

joey54
12-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for checking in guys. Unfortunately I have a ton of congestion which started yesterday, so I gave today off. Probably just going to skip 2C until next time and restart on 1A Sunday. Missing one leg workout won't make me shrink and with how I feel still right now, It is not worth it to get the workout in and ruin the rest of the blast, which could happen.

So today I slept in until 6:15 am

Meal 1- 1 scoops of Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, 2 cups uncooked oats. Green Tea
Meal 2- Container of Chili
Meal 3-Can of Tuna. Container of Brown Rice. Double bag Green Tea.
Meal 4-This got delayed until after work because we had a 3+ hour contract negogiation today for our bargaining unit at work. 1 scoop of Nitrean mixed with Soy Milk and Fiber One Cereal
Meal 5- going to make 4 eggs, throw some picante on them. Green Tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese. Some Almonds.

Upset with not working out today, but you have to look at the big picture. By Sunday I should be rearing to go.

joey54
12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Feeling better today, but took it easy

Meal 1- 2 scoops Nitrean in Soy Milk, 5 gms creatine, 1 bowl of Honey Sunshine, 1 bowl of Cinnamon Life
Meal 2- Can of Tuna, Orange, Green Tea
Meal 3- Baconator, Double Stack, Small Chilli, Unsweetened Iced Tea
Meal 4- 1 scoop of Nitrean, Orange, Green Tea
Meal 5- 8 oz of steak, Asparagus, Green Tea
Meal 6- 1 scoop of Nitrean in Soy Milk with some olive oil for good measure
Meal 7- 1/4 container of cottage cheese(last container for now), almonds

Going to skip out on rolling tomorrow. Most taxing thing I will do is clean the house and iron.

ZenMonkey
12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
feel better! Zicam always helps me get over it quicker (the gel in the nose type)

joey54
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I hit Mucinex up every 12 hours since Wednesday night. I could hit the gym tonight if I wanted to, but I'll be smart about it. I might try those in the future Zen.

ZenMonkey
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Hows the mucinex work?

joey54
12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I think it works great with clearing up the congestion. This usually only happens to me 1 or 2 times a winter. The stuff is going around the office I work in. Usually gets me for a few days and I am fine.

joey54
12-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Saturday

Most taxing thing I did was clean our apartment.

Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs with Feta Cheese, 3/4 uncooked cups of grits, Kashi Roasted Almond Bar, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops of Nitrean with 5 gms creatine, bowl of Cinnamon Life Cereal, Bowl of Fiber One Cereal, Green Tea
Meal 3- 2 Beef and Bean Burritos, Brown Rice topped with Picante, Green Tea
Meal 4- Can of Tuna, Almonds, Green Tea
Meal 5- 12 Oz New York Strip Steak, Steamed Broccoli, Mashed Potatoe, 3 fried shimp, Unsweented Iced Tea
Meal 6- 1 scoop of Nitrean, Almonds
Meal 7- Cottage Cheese 1/3 container

joey54
12-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Today 12/14

Wake up- 1 scoop of Nitrean
30 Minutes before workout-1 serving of Buzzsaw
During Workout- 2 scoops powered Gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1A
Last workout totals in ()
Barbell Bench Press- 210 lbs x 23 reps rest paused(205x25 RP). Still in the rep range. Will up to 215 next time.

HS Shoulder Press- 2pps+10 x 19 reps rest paused(2ppsx21 RP). 20 pound weight increase and only lost 2 reps. Not bad. Will up +5 at least next time.

DB Floor Press- 80 lb dumbbells x 20 reps rest paused(70'sx27 RP). Again basically a 20 pound weight increase. Will stay with this weight next workout.

Lat Pulldown- 220 lbsx x 17 reps rest paused(200x20RP). Probably need to go up 10 lbs here.

Deadlifts- 430 lbs x 8 reps(425x6), 365 x 10 reps(365x8). Will continue to stay at 365 for the "rep" set. I need more reps with that. Up at least 5lbs for the heavy set.

After workout 3 servings of Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

30 minutes later at home- 2 servings of Nitrean, 2 cups uncooked of oatmeal, Green Tea

Really like the taste of the Nitrean.

YEAH BUDDY!

joey54
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Rest of Sunday

Meal 2- 10 oz chicken, asparagus, 9 piece spicy tuna roll sushi tray
Meal 3- Cheese Steak, Jalapeno Poppers, some of my GF's crab cake and baked potatoe, unsweetened Iced Tea.
Went to visit my brother and score some deer meat. He hooked me up big time.
Meal 4- 1 scoop Nitrean in soy milk, some olive oil for good measure.
Meal 5- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, glass of V-8

joey54
12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Today 12/15

Decided to lift again today. Hadn't hit legs since last Sunday since I missed out on 2C. Feel completely better now. Plus going to see the Eagles vs Browns tonight, so really didn't want to lift tomorrow. Will just do cardio when I wake up.

Wake up- 1 scoop of Nitrean in Soy Milk, 2 big bowls of Kix, Multi, Green Tea
Meal 2- Big can of chicken breast, 1 Kashi bar, 2 Multi Grain Pop Tarts, Orange
Pre Workout- 1 scoop of Nitrean about 40 minutes before, 1 serving of Buzzsaw about 20 minutes before
During Workout- 2 servings of powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 2A

EZ Curl Bar Drag Curls- 1 plate per side x 16 reps rest paused(25 lb ppsx35 reps rest paused)
DB Hammer Curls-50 lb DB's x 17 reps straight set(60x14). Decreased weight because I wanted more reps and to focus more on the top squeeze. Accomplished both!
Seated Calf Raises- 1 plate per side+5 per side x 11 reps(1ppsx11 reps). Done with the 5 second negative and 15 second hold at the bottom.
Lying Hamstring Curls-175 lbs x 16 reps rest paused(170x17 reps rest paused)
Leg Press- 10 pps+5 per side x 11 reps(10ppsx10), 8pps+25 lbs per sidex22 reps(8ppsx27 reps)

Post Workout-3 scoops Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's
30 Minutes later at home-2 scoops of Nitrean in Water, 2 big bowls of Wheaties

Will eat some cheesesteak and some other good stuff at the game tonight.

joey54
12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
MNF was fun. Eagles fans crack me up. Past two days messed my schedule up. Still got in at least 5 meals both days. Before the Eagles game I got in a double stacker, double burger, and fries. Got a cheesesteak at the game. Some Cottage Cheese before bed.

Yesterday

Slept in. Worked a half day starting at 12:45 pm

Meal 1-2 scoops Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, 2 bowls Kix, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- Can of Tuna, Kashi Bar, Grapefruit, Green Tea
Meal 3-Scoop of Nitrean, Serving of V8
Meal 4- Deer Meat(My brother vacumed sealed a bunch of cooked jars. All you have to do is heat it up. NICE), Field Greens Salad with Feta Cheese and Balsamic Dressing, Green Tea
Meal 5- Cottage Cheese(1/2 container)

Today

Wake up-1 scoop Nitrean
Abs, Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs scrambled mixed with feta cheese, 2 bowls Wheaties, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, orange
Meal 3- 4 McDoubles, 3 jalapeno poppers, mac and cheese, potatoes, Pumpkin Roll(Holiday Christmas Lunch at work. Tons of food. Someone brought a bucket full of McDoubles. YUMMMM)
Meal 4- Some deer meat and green tea
Meal 5- 10 oz deer steak, aspargus, salad, Red Potatoe, Green Tea
Meal 6-1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural PB, decaf Green Tea

1B tomorrow.

joey54
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
12/18

Wake Up- 1 scoop Nitrean
During Workout- 2 servings powdered Gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1B

HS Incline Press - 3plates+10+5ps x 14 reps rest paused(3 plates+10ps x16rp)

DB Shoulder Press - 65 lb dbs x 24 reps rest paused(60x24rp)

RG Bench Press on Smith- 2 plates+5ps x 15 reps rest paused(2 plpsx15rp)

Rack Chins- 60 lb x 15 reps rest paused(50x16rp)

Smith BO Rows- 1 plate+25 per side x 11 reps SS(2ppsx10SS). This was the form I wanted last time. Much better.

Postworkout-3 servings Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 2 servings of Nitrean, 2 bowls Wheaties, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- Can of Tuna, Grapefruit
Meal 3- Deer Meat, Asparagus, Orange, Green Tea, a few treats from the Christmas lunch yesterday
Meal 4- 1 serving of Nitrean, McDouble, Orange
Meal 5- Butterfly Deer Steaks(kind of like the fillet mingon of deer meat), salad with feta cheese and balsamic dressing, Green Tea
Meal 6-1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural PB, decaf Green Tea

ZenMonkey
12-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Nice WO man! Diet looks nice too.

joey54
12-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks again Zen. I have been eating more junk food lately, but calories do need to come from somewhere to fuel the workouts.

Yesterday 12/19

Wake Up-Scoop of Nitrean
Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs and feta cheese, 2 cups of oats, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops Nitrean, Strawberry pop tarts, orange
Meal 3- 1 slice stuffed Meat Lovers Pizza(surrounded by crust. Had ham, hamburger, peporoni, bacon), 1 small lamb cheese steak
Meal 4- Just some almonds. was busy at work and still stuffed from previous meal
Meal 5- Deer Meat, asparagus, blue corn tortilla chips with picante, Green Tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural PB

joey54
12-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Today 12/20

Decided to lift Sat, Mon, Wed this week because of Christmas

Wake up-1 scoop of Nitrean
30 mins before workout- Buzzsaw
During workout-2 scoops of powdered Gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 2B

Incline DB Curls- 60 lb db's x 14 reps rest paused(55x17 rp)

Pinwheel Curls-70 lb db's x 12 SS(65x14 ss)

Seated Calf press- 270 x 13(230x15) slow negatives and stretch

Sumo Leg Press- 6 plates + 10 per side x 14 SS(6ppsx14)

Squat- 410x9(405x9), 285x20(275x20). Belt and wraps for heavy set. Used a belt today for the WM. Solid reps both sets.

I still do all the stretches, just haven't been putting them in my journal. Just assume they are done.

Post workout- 4 scoops of Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 2 1/2 scoops of Nitrean, 2 bowls of Multi Grain Cheerios, Green Tea, Multi

cphafner
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Joey - sorry haven't been here all week bud. Been way too busy!

Things are looking good. Looks like you got it working now! Had a question for you. What is your thoughts on the cruise? My back and bi's are acting act. Been about 5-6 week blast. I thinking it's time for a cruise, then come back after NYE with the changes I want to make to my blast. I keep hearing different ops on the cruise. Some lift light. Some don't lift at all. I thought I heard Dante say lift light and try out new exercises you might incorporate into your next blast.

joey54
12-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I like to cruise once I am waking up and it feels like I played a football game the day before. Sounds like with your arms you are about there. You can lift or not, I have seen people do different things. I like to go in and get a light lift in. But, I have taken the entire time off. I had mentioned in your thread that when I feel it is time for a cruise, I wrap it up on the Wednesday(or Tuesday now) of the lifting week. Take off from DC until the start of the following week. This gives you 11 days non dc. I might lift in the middle of that. Light squats, dl, bench, maybe try some new exercises. But most times it is 5x5 of Squat, Bench, DL with 135 lbs, 10 minute walk on the treadmill, stretch, and then wait until it is time to do DC again for me.

joey54
12-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Rest of 12/20

Meal 2- 10 oz steak, red potatoe, asparagus, 1/2 grapefruit, Green Tea
Meal 3- Can of Tuna, 1/2 grapefruit, Green Tea
Meal 4- Meatballs, chicken wings, ring bologna, pepperjack cheese, pumpkin roll, Coke Zero(at a christmas party)
Meal 5- More Meatballs, more ring bologna, more pepperjack cheese, pb cookie, choc chip cookie(same christmas party)
Meal 6- 1/4 container of cottage cheese, almonds, decaf Green Tea

joey54
12-21-2008, 11:10 AM
12/21

Wake up- 1 scoop Nitrean
Cardio-House cleaning, haha
Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs with feta cheese, 2 bowls of wheaties, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- Big can of chicken breast, yam, some v-8, grapefruit, Green Tea

Making Chilli later today. Yum!

joey54
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Rest of today

Meal 3- 2 scoops Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, Kashi Bar, Dark Chocolate
Meal 4- Tukey Sausage, 2 1/2 pieces of whole wheat bagel bread, v-8, orange
Meal 5- Big bowl Chili, Green Tea
Meal 6- 1/4 container cottage cheese, almonds, pb, decaf Green Tea

joey54
12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
12/22

Wake up-Nitrean
1/2 hour before workout-Buzzsaw
During workout-2 scoops powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1C

Incline BB Press- 230 lbs x12 reps rest paused(225x12rp)

Standing BB Press- 145 lbs x 16 reps rest paused(135x17rp)

CG Bench Press- 205 lbs x 14 reps rest paused(225x8rp)

HS Pulldown- 2 plates+25+10 per side x 13 reps rest paused(2pps+25ppsx15rp)

HS Row- 4 plates per side+10 per side x 11 reps straight set(4ppsx13 reps ss)

After workout- 4 scoops Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 2 1/2 servings of Nitrean, 2 bowls of Wheaties, Green Tea

Meal 2- 1 can of tuna(6 oz can is always what I use), orange

Meal 3- Chili, Grapefruit, Green Tea

Meal 4- 2 scoops of Nitrean, Orange

Cheat snack- 7 chocolate chip cookies, GF brought them home from work. It was before 6 pm, so I said why not, Soy Milk

Meal 5- Deer Steak, Salad with Feta Cheese and Balsamic dressing, Green Tea

Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, almonds, decaf Green Tea

jAy_Dub
12-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Great journal bro. Awesome strength, and your diet is looking very good as well. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

joey54
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for checking in Jay Dub. I think I should make some big gains here in the next year if I do everything I need to do. I appreciate the encouragement. How is your dc experience going?

Today, 12/23

Wake up- 1 scoop of nitrean
Abs, Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 5 jumbo eggs with feta cheese, 1 bowl of wheaties because I ate 5 more cookies too, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 2 strawberry pop tarts
Meal 3- Chili with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips to scoop, Grapefruit, Green Tea, wound up also having an oatmeal bar
Meal 4- Tuna, Orange
Meal 5- 12 oz of lamb chops, 9 piece of brown rice california roll, Green Tea
Meal 6- 1 scoop of Nitrean with Soy Milk and olive oil, decaf Green Tea

joey54
12-24-2008, 09:10 AM
12/24

30 minutes before workout- buzzsaw
During workout- 2 scoops of powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 2C(first time running this one)

Standing Barbell Curl- 135 lbs x 15 reps rest paused

Reverse Grip Ez Curl(kept wrists flexed back during the set)- 25 lbs per side+10 lbs per side x 18 reps straight set

Standing Calf Raise in Smith on Step Up Block- 4 plates per side x 16 reps rest paused(too heavy, will go back to 3+25 ps)

Pull Throughs on Life Fitness cable machine- 42.5 lbs x 17 reps rest paused

V-Squat- 6 plates per side x 6 reps, 4 plates per side x 23 reps

All appropriate stretches completed after the exercise

Post workout- 4 scoops of Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 2 1/2 scoops of Nitrean, 2 bowls of Wheaties, Green Tea

joey54
12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Didn't really keep track of what I ate for the rest of the week. Ate a decent amount of protein. Hitting Benihana's up tonight and will probably bump the 1A workout up to tomorrow morning to take advantage of all this food from the past few days.

joey54
12-27-2008, 09:15 AM
12/27

Wake up- 1 scoop of Nitrean(and 3 Snicker Doodle cookies)

30 Minutes before workout-Buzzsaw

During Workout- 2 scoops of powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1A

Barbell Bench Press- 215 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(210 x 22RP)

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side+ 10 lbs per side+ 5 lbs per side x 18 reps rest paused(2 plates+10ps x 19RP)

DB Floor Press- 80 lb DBs x 23 reps rest paused(80's x 20RP)

Lat Pulldown- 240 lb stack x 13 reps rest paused(220 x 17RP)

Deadlifts- 435 x 9 reps SS(430x8), 315 x 15 reps SS(365 x10). Wanted more reps on the second set. Will go up from here

Post workout- 4 scoops Waxy Maize, 5 gms Creatine, 5 gms Glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 2 1/2 scoops Nitrean, 1 Cup Oatmeal, Green Tea, Multi. A lot of Carbs the past few days. Going to cut back on the portion sizes today for the rest of the day on them.

joey54
12-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Rest of 12/27

Meal 2- Can of Tuna, Orange

Meal 3- Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Asapargus Caserole, Green Tea

Meal 4- Turkey, Orange, Almonds

Meal 5- 2 scoops of Nitrean, Orange

Meal 6- 1/2 container of Cottage Cheese

joey54
12-28-2008, 04:49 PM
12/28

Light eating day. Consider house cleaning cardio.

Wake up- 1 scoop Nitrean
Meal 1- 4 jumbo egg feta cheese omelet, 3 bowls of corn flakes, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- Some Beef Jerky, Chilli, Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Meal 3- 2 scoops of Nitrean with 5 gms creatine, orange, Green Tea
Meal 4- 8 oz grilled chicken breast, Field Greens salad with feta cheese and balsamic dressing, Green Tea
Meal 5- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural PB, decaf Green tea

joey54
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
12/29

Abs, Cardio, Stretch

Meal 1- 5 jumbo scrambled eggs with feta cheese, 3 bowls of corn flakes, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 5 gms creatine, orange
Meal 3- 10 oz chicken breast, asparagus caserole(my mom makes this stuff around the holidays. It is awesome, have a little bit left), grapefruit, pumpkin roll
Meal 4- canned chicken breast, orange
Meal 5- Haddock, yam, field greens salad with feta cheese and balsamic dressing, blue corn tortilla chips with picante, decaf green tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural pb, decaf green tea

joey54
12-30-2008, 04:16 PM
12/30

Wake up- Scoop of Nitrean
During Workout- 2 scoops of Powdered Gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 2A

EZ Curl Bar Drag Curls- Plate per side+5 per side x 18 reps rest paused(PPS x 16 RP)

Seated DB Hammer Curls- 55 lb dbs x 17 reps straight set(50's x 17 SS)

Seated Calf Raise- Plate per side+ 10 per side x 11(PPS+5ps x 11)

Lying Hamstring Curl- 180 lb stack x 15 reps rest paused(175 x 16 RP)

Leg Press- 10 plates per side+ 10 per side x 12 reps straight set(10pps+5ps x 11 SS), 8 plates per side+25 per side+10 per side x 22 reps(8PPS + 25ps x 22)

Post Workout- 4 scoops of Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, BCAAA's

*Workout soundtrack(I just got an Ipod for Christmas and am really into it at the moment)*

Wu Tang Clan- Shame on a N#$*!
Black Label Society- Doomsday J****
Lamb of God- The Faded Line
Ice Cube and Dr. Dre- Natural Born Killaz
Rage Against the Machine- Bulls on Parade(live)
Sevendust- T$#@ on a Boar
Slayer- Raining Blood(live)
Snoop Dogg- Tha Sh**nit
System of a Down- Prison Song
Tool-Intolerance
Trivium- Rain
Guns 'n' Roses- Mr. Brownstone
Metallica- The 4 Horsemen
Alice in Chains- Them Bones(live)
Mastadon- The Crystal Skull
Pantera- I'm Broken(live)

Meal 1- 3 scoops of Nitrean, 2 bowls of Corn Flakes, Green Tea, Multi
Meal 2- Canned Chicken Breast, Orange
Meal 3- 10 oz grilled Chicken Breast, Asparagus Caserole, grapefruit, multi grain poptarts, Green Tea
Meal 4- 2 scoops of Nitrean, orange, multi grain poptarts
Meal 5- Haddock, Field greens salad with balsamic dressing and feta cheese

No work so might stay up later. Means more meals to eat. :)

joey54
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
12/30 finish

Meal 6- 1 scoop Nitrean in Soy Milk and almonds
Meal 7- 1/3 container of cottage cheese

joey54
12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
12/31

No work, stayed in bed until quarter after 9

Cardio, stretch

Meal 1- 5 jumbo Egg Omelet with shredded mozarella cheese, 3 bowls of corn flakes, orange, Green Tea
Meal 2- Pro Complex Gainer(going to use this as meal 1 on lifting days. Just wanted to give it a try. has 60 gms protein and 85 gms of carbs. I liked these amounts. May eventually add more protein to it).

Like I said, woke up 5 hours later than I usually do, so more meals to come.

Happy New Year everyone!

ZenMonkey
12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Everything looks great man. Looking strong and have a solid diet! Awesome commitment man

jAy_Dub
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Like Zen said, diet is looking great. A quick estimation looks to me like you get about 350 g of protein per day? Have you ever tried doing like Dante says and get in no less than 500 grams/day? I think I'm going to give it a try and make sure I do 45 minutes of cardio on all of my off days so I dont gain too much fat. I actually pm'd Dante on another forum and this was what he said "I do believe everyone can get up to an elite size--not ronnie size but a big MF that is top 4 in his gym in size....but its time x determination x FOOD to do that with the emphasis on time and food.....eat like a guy who is 210lbs and stay like a guy who is 210lbs...eat like a guy who is 275 but do everything in your power to keep bodyfat at bay + lifting heavy ass weights = becoming a guy some day who is 275"

Nice playlist btw, Natural Born Killaz has got to be my all time gym favorite. Also look into System of a Down - Shame, for a harder version of WTC's -Shame on a *****. Good stuff.

joey54
12-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Jay Dub I am trying to slowly up protein to around that level. Don't want to do anything too quick. I think soon I am going to be at 90 gms postworkout, but it will take some time. Thanks for the advice on the songs. I will check for that System version for sure.

joey54
01-01-2009, 09:30 AM
12/31

Meal 3- 10 oz grilled chicken, asparagus caserole, tortilla chips with picante, green tea
Meal 4- Steak and Shrimp scampi, Brocolli, onion rings, mashed potatoes, some of my gf's talapia and crab cake, strawberry iced tea(Ruby Tuesdays Dinner)
Meal 5- Meatballs, ring bologna, pepperjack cheese(new years eve party)
Meal 6- 1/4 container of cottage cheese(last night was that as well), almonds

joey54
01-01-2009, 09:34 AM
1/1/09

Wake up- Nitrean
Pre workout- Buzzsaw
During workout- 2 scoops gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1B

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side+ 2 10's per side x 13 reps rest paused(3pps+10+5x 14 RP)

DB Shoulder press- 70 lb ds x 21 reps rest paused(65's x24 RP)

RG Smith Bench- 2 plates per side+ 10 per side x 14 reps rest paused( 2pps+5 x 15 RP)

Rack Chins- 65 lb db x 15 reps rest paused(60 x 15 RP)

Smith Bent over rows- Plate per side+25 per side+ 2.5 per side x 13 reps straigh set ( PPS + 25 ps x 11 SS)

Post workout 4 scoops Waxy Maize, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- Pro Complex gainer+ 1/2 scoop of Nitrean+ 1 cup of oatmeal all mixed together, Multi, Green Tea

BloodyDeadliftr
01-01-2009, 09:41 AM
nice work here bro!! How's the Buzzsaw?? I never heard of that

joey54
01-01-2009, 01:36 PM
nice work here bro!! How's the Buzzsaw?? I never heard of that

It is similiar to NO Xplode, but much cheaper. It is offered at True Protein.com, another excellent supplement company like At Large Nutrition. Their Results product is another one you can use pre-workout, albeit a different type of supplement, but still very effective.

BloodyDeadliftr
01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
i've taken the NO Xplode before but i got use to the stims within a week of taking it...does this happen for this product too?

joey54
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I only take it on days I lift. To be honest I take it more for the carbs, arginine, BCAA's and creatine than any sort of stimulant effect. I never really need anything to get me going once I get into the gym. The blood is always boiling.

Rest of today

Meal 2- Can of tuna, tortilla chips with picante, Green Tea
Meal 3- 1 1/2 scoops of nitrean, soy milk, olive oil, almonds
Meal 4- 4 jumbo eggs scrambled with ham and mozarella cheese, grapefruit, green tea
Meal 5- can of tuna, olive oil, glass of v-8, decaf Green Tea

joey54
01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Feel like not doing much today, so won't

Meal 1- 4 jumbo scrambled eggs with ham and mozarella cheese, 2 bowls of corn flakes, green tea, multi
Meal 2- canned chicken breast, multi grain tortilla chips with picante

joey54
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Rest of 1/2

Meal 3- 2 1/2 scoops of nitrean and olive oil
Meal 4- Chinese Buffet, ate General Tso's, Hong Kong Chicken, Chicken and Brocolli, Basil Chicken, and Peanut Butter Chicken. 1 cup of ice cream for dessert.
Meal 5- 8 oz of thin cut New York Strip steak, V-8
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, almonds, decaf green tea

joey54
01-03-2009, 11:36 AM
1/3

Meal 1- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 2 bowls of Wheaties
Light Ju Jtsu roll and stretching
Meal 2- Can of Tuna, Campbell's fully loaded Turkey Pot Pie can, some All Bran Crackers, pack of gummy savers, Green Tea(we need to grocery shop, was just trying to get some quick calories after the roll. Need to eat a lot for tomorrow's workout.)

joey54
01-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Rest of 1/3

Meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast, teryaki rice, yam, Green Tea
Meal 4- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 1/2 scoop of Pro Comlex gainer, 1 bowl of Wheaties
Meal 5- 4 jumbo egg omelet with mozarella cheese, natural PB, Green Tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, almonds, decaf Green Tea

joey54
01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
1/4

Pre Workout-Buzzsaw
During Workout- 2 scoops powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 2B

Incline DB Curls- 65 lb db's x 12 reps rest paused(60x 14 RP)

Pinwheel Curls- 70 lb db's x 15 reps straight set(70x 12 SS)

HS Calf- 290 lbs stack x 12 reps(270 x 13)

Sumo Leg Press- 6 plates per side+10 per side+5 per side x 17 reps straight set(6pps+10ps x 14 SS)

Squats- 425 lbs x 7 reps(410 x 9), 315 x 20 reps(285 x 20)
Belt and Wraps worn both sets

Post Workout- 4 scoops of Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- Pro Comple Gainer+1 scoop of Nitrean, 1 bowl of wheaties, Green Tea, Multi

View 1
01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Strong squating, always liked the idea of DC but its not for me, not right now anyway. Question, how does it feel doing hams before quads? I saw om IM that dante is going to spill the beans on advance stuff this year, gonna see a whole bunch of noobs read it do and fail, then blaim DC for it...

cphafner
01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Joey, looks like things are going great. I can't get over the weight you use on the curl exercises! I start blast 2 tomorrow and can't wait! I started a new journal to track my DC journey.

Strong squating, always liked the idea of DC but its not for me, not right now anyway. Question, how does it feel doing hams before quads? I saw om IM that dante is going to spill the beans on advance stuff this year, gonna see a whole bunch of noobs read it do and fail, then blaim DC for it...

I'm not Joey, and still a DC newb, but by preexhausting my hams I really feel the quads working in the quad exercise.

joey54
01-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Even before DC I had played around with squatting at the end of workouts and was still pretty strong. Plus, the squatting portion of the workout takes the longest, so it takes me awhile to warm up. Doing hams first also helps to warm up.

CP, I am feeling strong. Goal right now is a 10 week blast based on how I feel right now(start of week 6 right now), we shall see how things go in the coming weeks.

joey54
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
rest of 1/4

Meal 2- Can of Tuna, almonds, v-8, Green Tea
Meal 3- Canned Chicken Breast(lazy with cooking, want to watch football), blue corn tortilla chips with picante, Green Tea
Meal 4- 12 oz of New York Strip, Asparagus, Green Tea
Meal 5- 2 scoops of Nitrean, Olive Oil
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, Natural PB, decaf Green Tea

joey54
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
1/5

Cardio and stretching
Meal 1- 6 jumbo eggs scrambled with feta cheese, 2 bowls of wheaties, green tea, multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops of Nitrean, 1/2 serving of pro complex gainer, 5 gms creatine
Meal 3- 10 oz chicken breast, teryaki rice, grapefruit, green tea
Meal 4- can of tuna, almonds
Meal 5- about 10 oz burger, blue corn tortilla chips with picante, green tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, almonds

joey54
01-06-2009, 05:02 PM
1/6

Wake up- scoop of Nitrean
Pre Workout- Buzzsaw
During Workout- 2 scoops of gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1C

Incline Barbell Bench- 235 lbs x 10 reps rest paused+ a 20 second static hold(230 x 12 RP). I didn't like how rep 1 felt in the third part of the set, so I did a static hold. Not too concerned. Incline gets to be a pain without a spotter for a lift off deeper in the set, but I still might just go up to 240 next week and get back into the 11-15 range.

Standing Barbell Press- 155 lbs x 13 reps rest paused(145 x 16 RP). I had to clean from the floor to start. Didn't affect the set too much

Close Grip Bench- 215 lbs x 13 reps rest paused(205 x 14 R)

HS Pull downs- 2 plates per side+ 25 per side + 10 per side x 13 reps rest paused(2 pps +25ps +5ps x 13 RP)

HS Rows- 4 plates per side + 25 per side x 10 reps straight set(4pps + 10 ps x 11 SS)

Post Workout- 4 scoops of Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 1 scoop of Nitrean+ serving of Pro Complex Gainer, 1 bowl of Wheaties, green tea, multi
Meal 2- 10 oz of burger mixed with brown rice
Meal 3- 9 oz of grilled chicken breast, asparagus, orange, green tea
Meal 4- canned chicken breast, orange
Meal 5- 8 oz of thin sliced New York Strip steak, mixed in some picante and feta cheese, green tea
Meal 6- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural PB, decaf green tea

joey54
01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
1/7

Wake up- Nitrean
Abs, Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 6 jumbo eggs scrambled with feta cheese, 3 bowls of Corn Flakes, green tea, multi
Meal 2- Can of Tuna, orange
Meal 3- burger and brown rice, green tea
Meal 4- almonds and an orange(really busy work afternoon)
Meal 5- The Feast 12 inch on Italian Herb
Meal 6- Scoop of Nitrean in Soy Milk and olive oil, decaf green tea
Meal 7- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, decaf green tea

joey54
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
1/8

Wake up- 1 scoop Pro Complex
Pre Workout- Buzzsaw
During Workout- 2 scoops gatorade, BCAA's

2C

Standing BB Curl- 140lbs x 15 reps rest paused(135 x 15 RP)

Reverse Grip EZ Curl- Quarter per side+ dime per side+ nickel per side x 16 reps straight set(25+10PS x 18 SS)

Standing Calf Raise on Smith- 3 plates per side + quarter per side x 25 reps rest paused(4PPS x 16 RP)

Pull Throughs- 47.5 lb stack x 16 reps rest paused (42.5 x 17 RP)

V Squat- 6 plates per side + 2.5 per side x 5 reps(6PPS x 6), 4 plates per side + nickel per side x 24(4pps x 23)

Post workout-4 scoops of Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 1 serving of Pro Complex gainer + scoop of Pro Complex, green tea, Multi
Meal 2- Burger and Brown Rice, orange
Meal 3- Grilled Chicken, orange, green tea
Meal 4- canned chicken breast, almonds
Meal 5- 1 scoop of Pro Complex in soy milk, natural PB, green tea

joey54
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
1/9

Slept in to watch the game last night

Meal 1- 2 scoops of pro complex, 3 bowls of corn flakes
Meal 2- burger and brown rice, orange
Meal 3- grilled chicken, asparagus(had this yesterday too), orange, slice of bannana bread, green tea
Meal 4- can of tuna, almonds, orange
Meal 5- hot turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes in gravy, slice of cherry crumb pie, green tea at home
Meal 6- 1 scoop of pro complex in soy milk and natural pb, decaf green tea
Meal 7- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, walnuts, decaf green tea

Will do 1A tomorrow and roll sunday.

joey54
01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
1/10

Wake up- 1 scoop of Pro Complex
Pre Workout- Buzzsaw
During workout- 2 scoops of gatorade, BCAA's

1A

BB Bench- 225 lbs x 18 reps rest paused(215 x 22 RP) I really fought with rep 5 during the second part of the set and wound up just missing. Rep break down was 12, 4, 2. Fighting for that 5th probably robbed a rep in the third part of the set, but yeah well. Still pretty decent.

HS Shoulder press- 2 plates per side + quarter per side x 15 reps rest paused( 2 plates+ dime+ nickel per side x 18 RP)

DB Floor Press- 85 llb db's x's 20 reps rest paused(80's x 23 RP)

Lat Pulldown- 240 lb stack + 4 of those pile on plate things(which at first I thought were 2.5 lbs, but realized were 5 lbs each). The next(and final weight on the stack) is 260, so I basically did that for the first part of my RP set. I wanted to do 250. So first part I did 6 reps, then took 2 of those plates off and get 4, 3. 13 reps total. Next time I will do 240 lbs + 3 add ons. last time was 240 x 13 reps RP.

Deads- 455 x 7 reps(435 x9), 325 x 13 (315x 15).

Post workout - 4 scoops of waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- Pro Complex Gainer + scoop of Pro complex, bowl of Corn Flakes, green tea, multi

cphafner
01-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Workouts are looking strong. Looks like you've started incorporating some static holds. From my reading on IM they are a personal choice. Some can't handle them and the RP when it comes to recovery. I'm doing v squats today, but I had been a bit higher in the rep range (going for 10). Maybe I'll drop down to 6-8 next time, but not today.

joey54
01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Workouts are looking strong. Looks like you've started incorporating some static holds. From my reading on IM they are a personal choice. Some can't handle them and the RP when it comes to recovery. I'm doing v squats today, but I had been a bit higher in the rep range (going for 10). Maybe I'll drop down to 6-8 next time, but not today.

Next blast I am going to go for a higher rep range in the first set of the V-Squat. I have maxed the thing out already because my gym has the plates with the holes in, thus making them thicker and taking up more space on the bar. For now I am going to add 2.5's to the upper handles.

joey54
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Rest of 1/10

Meal 2- Grilled chicken breast, asparagus, blue corn tortilla chips with picante
Meal 3- Buffalo Chicken salad, extra buffalo chicken strips, onion rings
Meal 4- Can of Tuna, orange, green tea
Meal 5- scoop of Pro Complex in soy milk, natural PB, decaf green tea
Meal 6- 1/4 container of cottage cheese

1/11

Meal 1- 2 scoops of Pro Complex, bowl of Life cereal, multi
Roll
Meal 2- Double Angry Whopper, Fries, Sprite
Meal 3- 1/4 container of cottage cheese, almonds, raisins, dark chocolate, green tea
Meal 4- deer roast with red potatoes, celery, carrots; strawberry fruit pop, green tea
Meal 5- canned chicken breast, decaf green tea

cphafner
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
how was the angry whopped? And did I see Deer in there?

joey54
01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
CP, it lived up to the hype. As good as that Texas one they had last year, probably better. Right up there with the loaded steakhouse as well.

And, yes to the deer. I think I have had it a few times in here. This was the last bit of it I have from my brother.

1/12

Cardio, stretch
Meal 1- 6 scrambled eggs with feta cheese, 2 bowls of life cereal, multi, green tea
Meal 2- 1 scoop Pro Complex, 1/2 scoop of Pro Complex Gainer, strawberry pop tarts
Meal 3- Deer Roast, orange, green tea
Meal 4-Can of Tuna, bag of popcorn
Meal 5- Grilled chicken breast, with picante, mixed greens salad with feta cheese and italian dressing, green tea

joey54
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
1/13

Wake up- 1 scoop of Pro Complex
Pre Workout- Buzzsaw

Workout 2A

EZ curl drag curls- Plate per side + dime per side x 14 reps rest paused(PPS + 5 ps x 18 RP)

DB Hammer Curls- 60 lb dbs x 14(with much better form than when I tried with 60's at the beginning)( 55's x 17)

Seated Calf- Plate per side + dime per side x 10(PPS + 5 ps x 11)

Lying Hamstring Curl- 185 lb stack x 12 reps rest paused(180 x 15 RP)

Leg Press- 10 Plates per side + quarter per side x 10 reps(10 PPS + 10 ps x 12), 9 Plates per side x 22 reps(8 PPS + 25 ps+ 10 PS x 22)

Post Workout- 4 scoops Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- Pro Complex Gainer+ 1 scoop Pro Complex, green tea, multi
Meal 2- Canned Chicken Breast, orange
Meal 3- Deer Roast, Green Tea
Meal 4- Grilled Chicken Breast, orange
Meal 5- NY Strip Steak, mixed greens salad with olive oil

cphafner
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice stuff on the lower body. I'd try the whopper, but my new years resolution was to save money by cooking more for myself. Haven't been to McD's since the 2nd.

joey54
01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
CP, that is a good resolution.

1/14

Wake up- 1 scoop of pro complex
Abs, Cardio, Stretch
Meal 1- 6 scrambled jumbo eggs with feta cheese, 2 bowls of life cereal, green tea, multi
Meal 2- 1 scoop pro complex, 1 scoop pro complex gainer
Meal 3- grilled chicken breast, chili
Meal 4- had to make it quick so downed a bunch of almonds
Meal 5- cooked burger, yam, salad, green tea

joey54
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
1/15

Pre Workout- Buzzsaw
During Workout- 2 scoops powdered gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1B

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side + quarter per side x 13 reps rest paused( 3pps + 2 dimes ps x 13 rp)

DB Shoulder Press- 75 lbs db's x 18 reps rest paused(70's x 21 rp)

Smith RG Bench- 2 plates per side + dime per side + nickel per side x 14 reps rest paused(2 pps+ dime ps x 14 rp)

Rack Chins- +70 lb db x 14 reps rest paused(+65 x 14 rp)

Bent Over Smith Rows- Plate per side +quarter per side + dime per side x 12 reps(plate per side + quarter ps + nickel ps x 13 reps)

Postworkout- 3 scoops Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's
Meal 1- scoop of Pro Complex, serving Pro Complex Gainer, green tea, multi
Meal 2- Canned chicken breast, orange
Meal 3- burger, orange, green tea
Meal 4- can of tuna
Meal 5- grilled chicken, salad with olive oil, green tea
Meal 5- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, almonds, decaf green tea

joey54
01-16-2009, 08:14 PM
1/16

Meal 1- 6 jumbo eggs, bowl of life cereal, green tea, multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops Pro Complex, 1 scoop Pro Complex Gainer
Meal 3- Burger covered in Picante, orange, green tea
Meal 4- Grilled chicken, orange
Meal 5- Steak salad, rasberry tea

joey54
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
1/17

Meal 1- 2 scoops of pro complex, 1 scoop of pro complex gainer, bowl of life cereal, kashi pumpkin spice bar, multi
Roll
Meal 2- 6 jumbo scrambled eggs with ham and mozzarella cheese, 2 cups of oatmeal(uncooked), green tea
Meal 3- burger, yam
Meal 4- 1 scoop of pro complex in soy milk, half frozen pizza, green tea
Meal 5- tuna, v-8, green tea

joey54
01-18-2009, 09:54 AM
1/18

Wake up- scoop of pro complex
Pre Workout- buzzsaw

2B

Incline DB curls- 70 lb db's x 12 reps rest paused(65's x 12 rp)

Pin Wheel curls- 80 lb db's x 12 reps straight set(70's x 15 ss)

Seated Calf Press- 310 lb stack x 11 reps( 290 x 12)

Sumo Leg Press- 6 plates per side + quarter per side x 15 reps straight set (6 pps + dime ps + nickel ps x 17)

Squats- 450 lbs x 4 reps, I was having some stomach issues mid set. I think I had 1-2 more reps in me (425 x 7), 325 lbs x 20 reps (315 x 20)

Post workout- 3 scoops Waxy, 5 gms creatine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 1 scoop pro complex, serving pro complex gainer, multi, 2 bowls Count Chocula(it was on sale at the store and we had a coupon), green tea

cphafner
01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Great workout. How strict are on the curl form? Those are some heavy ass curls.

joey54
01-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Pretty strict. A bit of momentum on the last rep of the first rest pause on the incline. Pinwheels on the last 2 I would say. CP, you gotta remember, I am 6' 1", and am at 250 lbs now, so I should be moving a bit of weight. I wanted to use 75's for the pinwheels, but somone was using them.

joey54
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Rest of yesterday eating wise got a bit screwed up due to football watching

Meal 2- scoop of pro complex, soy milk, almonds,
Meal 3- dozen wings
Meal 4- steak salad with olive oil dressing
Meal 5- protein bar
Meal 6- half container of cottage cheese, almonds

Watching football at my buddy's place yesterday produced a big score. He had almost full containers of VP2, glutamine, and creatine which he gave to me for free because he has really backed off of lifting since his daughter was born. I won't have to buy creatine for well over a year now.

joey54
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
1/19

Slept in today. Ate a bit less today than I have been

Meal 1- 4 jumbo scrambled eggs, 1 cup uncooked of oats, green tea, multi
Meal 2- 2 scoops pro complex, 1/2 serving pro complex gainer, 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine
Meal 3- Can of campbell's chunky chili, orange, green tea
Meal 4- can of tuna, almonds, orange
Meal 5- grilled chicken, salad with italian dressing and feta cheese, green tea

cphafner
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Ah, didn't realize you weighed that much. Have you competed since 02?

joey54
01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Ah, didn't realize you weighed that much. Have you competed since 02?

Once in 02, 2 times in 03. All 3 were novice comps and I wasn't tearing the house down, but good experiences. Not sure if it is something I would ever do again. Right now I am just focused on getting bigger and stronger. That is why I like DC training.

joey54
01-20-2009, 04:35 AM
1/20

Wake up- scoop of VP2(again, got this stuff for free), 5 gms glutamine(free)
Pre workout- buzzsaw
During workout-gatorade, BCAA's

Workout 1C

Incline Barbell Press- I guess because it is cold and early I can't count weights right today. Wanted to do 240 lbs. Put 245 on the bar. First set got 4 solid reps(which is ok since no lift off), dropped to 225 and did +3, +2 with a 20 sec static hold. Will do 240 next time for real.(235 x10rp)

Standing Barbell Press- 170 lbs x 13 reps rest paused(155 x 13 rp)

CG Bench- 225 lbs x 12 reps rest paused(215 x 13 rp)

HS Pulldowns- 3 plates per side x 11 reps rest paused(2 pps+ quarter ps+ dime ps x 13 rp)

HS Rows- 5 plates per side x 9 reps straight set(4 pps+ quarter ps x 11 reps ss)

Post workout- about 85 gms dextrose(more free stuff, want to use this because it is older before I finish my waxy), 5 gms creatine, 5 gms glutamine, BCAA's

Meal 1- 1 serving pro complex gainer, 1 scoop pro complex

joey54
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Meal 2- can of tuna, almonds, orange
Meal 3- grilled chicken breast, 1/2 can of baked beans, green tea
Meal 4- 1 scoop of Pro Complex, almonds
Meal 5- 5 jumbo scrambled eggs with feta cheese, green tea

cphafner
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Not a lot of carbs in there. Trying to drop some weight?

joey54
01-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Not a lot of carbs in there. Trying to drop some weight?

Not really drop, just trying to minimize fat gain too. Want to up the protein more. Usually on workout days after the first meal, I don't get many carbs in. Today was a bit more

Meal 1- 2 scoops of pro complex, 2 bowls of count chocula, kashi bar, multi, green tea
Meal 2- canned chicken breast, almonds
Meal 3- can of chili, blue corn tortilla chips, orange, green tea
Meal 4- grilled chicken breast, picante
Meal 5- haddock, yam, salad with feta cheese and italian dressing, green tea
Meal 6- 1 scoop pro complex in soy milk and olive oil
Meal 7- 1/2 container of cottage cheese, natural pb, decaf green tea.

joey54
01-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Slept in yesterday, felt sluggish. Today was the same. Hate to do it, but this will be my cruise. I can feel it is time. Almost 8 weeks for this blast, so not a bad start. Won't be changing any exercises next blast. Hope you guys have enjoyed reading this log so far. Will be back to posting on 2/1.

bill
01-27-2009, 08:03 AM
joey if you get a chance would check out me journal. I may try to do some of the DC stuff for awhile. I've done drop sets and rest pause stuff plenty before. I used the old (36y/0 myself) cybergenics which I did well on and saw others make good gains off. I think there is a lot of similarity in the programs, even though the products and promises where a ripoff. I just rest paused on all of the sets except triceps (tired). I wasn't sure what wts to use either. Do you think it's enough volume (dc) that is. Only one chest exercise? Appreciate any help

joey54
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
joey if you get a chance would check out me journal. I may try to do some of the DC stuff for awhile. I've done drop sets and rest pause stuff plenty before. I used the old (36y/0 myself) cybergenics which I did well on and saw others make good gains off. I think there is a lot of similarity in the programs, even though the products and promises where a ripoff. I just rest paused on all of the sets except triceps (tired). I wasn't sure what wts to use either. Do you think it's enough volume (dc) that is. Only one chest exercise? Appreciate any help

I certainly will check it out. I am 29(basically, b-day is a month away)
, so while I remember commercials for the cybergenic stuff, I wasn't lifting back in the day. I have only heard bits and pieces about it. DC is more than enough volume with all bodyparts/exercises. This thread might be good to read, if you haven't read it already. http://www.intensemuscle.com/26753-every-bodybuilder-post-34-years-age.html

joey54
02-01-2009, 10:08 AM
2/1/09

Will just post the workouts now. Nutrition and supplementation remains consistent other than adding a 7th meal to the mix.

1A

Barbell Bench Press- 215 lbs x 22 reps rest paused

HS Shoulder Press- 2pps+10ps+5ps x 17 reps rest paused

DB Floor Press- 75 lb db's x 22 reps rest paused

Lat Pulldown- 230 lbs x 17 reps rest paused

Deadlifts- 495 lbs x 3 reps, 315 lbs x 15 reps

A little too heavy on a few things, so it may cut this blast short, but I had to dl 5 plates today.

ZenMonkey
02-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Holy crap man. 215 x22 is sick.

Dude, AND 315x15 DL after 495x3!

Everything looks really really strong man! Are you cutting?

joey54
02-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Still training to gain weight up to 260 Zen and will go from there. Would like to minimize further fat gain for the time being, but we know how difficult that can become. Remember the 215 is rest paused. Set break down was 15 reps, 4 reps and 3 reps. So mothing stellar compared to the other members of this board, but thanks for the encouragement.

ZenMonkey
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I see. Well, dont sell yourself short, you are strong as f***.

bill
02-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Joey you definetly put up some good numbers. If your doing controlled negative on the rp its even more impressive. I'm still trying to remember to do that.

joey54
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Joey you definetly put up some good numbers. If your doing controlled negative on the rp its even more impressive. I'm still trying to remember to do that.

I am in control of the negative, but I don't count while lowering the weight or anything. I would say just worry about lifting at your normal tempo, based on your log it sounds like you will be fine doing that. Bill, if you have the funds I suggest buying both the "DC Training" DVD featuring Jason Wojo, and "Project Superheavyweight" featuring Justin Harris. Chris Mason did a review of the Project Superheavyweight DVD on this site 2 years ago I believe.

bill
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Hoping netflix will get those in

joey54
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
2/3

2A

EZ Curl Bar Drag Curls- 40 lbs ps x 23 reps rest paused. Should have just threw a plate on.

Seated DB Hammer Curls- 55 lbs x 17 reps

Seated Calf Raise- Plate per side+ 5 ps x 12 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl- 175 lb stack x 17 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 10 plates per side+ 10 ps x 12 reps, 8pps+ 25ps x 25 reps

joey54
02-05-2009, 05:13 AM
2/5

1B

HS Incline- 3 plates per side+10 per side x 18 reps rest paused

DB Shoulder- 65 lbs(sort of) x 22 reps rest paused. I grabbed a 60 and 65. Repped out 13 on the first part of the set and thought something wasn't right.

RG Bench on Smith- 2 plates per side+ 5 per side x 16 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- 65 lb db x 15 reps rest paused

HS Row- 4 plates per side + 25 per side x 11 reps. Moved this to today. BO Rows to next week.

bill
02-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Funny about the shoulder press, gotta watch that. ha ha
Strong rack chins, I find those hard.

cphafner
02-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Ha. It's always funny when you realize you grab 2 different dbs. Nice efforts Joey.

joey54
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
2/8

2B

Incline DB Curls- 60 lb db's x 17 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 70 lb db's x 15 reps straight set

Calf Press- 280 lb stack x 13 reps

Sumo leg press- 6 plates per side + 10 per side x 20 reps straight set

Squats- 430 lbs x 6 reps, 310 lbs x 20 reps

ZenMonkey
02-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Those squats are disgusting. Awesome work, man. Just awesome.

cphafner
02-08-2009, 11:27 AM
I agree. Crazy squatting.

joey54
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Fun time today. There were two other guys oly squatting today, so I actually had to work in with someone on squats. Took more time, but wish that would happen more often.

bill
02-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Strong Squats, thats what I got today! yeah lol

joey54
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Strong Squats, thats what I got today! yeah lol

I will be checking to see how they go Bill. Get after it!

joey54
02-10-2009, 04:38 AM
2/10

1C

Incline Barbell Press- 225 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

Standing Barbell Press- 160 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

Close Grip Bench- 210 lbs x 12 reps rest paused.(I hate this exercise)

HS Pulldown- 2 pps+25 x 14 reps rest paused(changed grips. will probably change back, didn't like it at all)

Smith Bent Over Rows- Plate per side + 30 per side x 12 reps straight set

bill
02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Joey is this a new blast for you? I'm mixed up I squat wed ha ha, working too much.

joey54
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Joey is this a new blast for you? I'm mixed up I squat wed ha ha, working too much.

Yes new blast. Started last week. Wednesday is going to be fun.

joey54
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
2/12

2C

Barbell Curls- 135 lbs x 18 reps rest paused

Reverse Grip EZ Curls- 35 pounds per side x 20 reps straight set

Standing Calf Press on Smith- 3 plates per side x 29 reps rest paused

Pull Throughs- 42.5 lb stack x 17 reps rest paused

V-Squat- 5 plates per side x 11 reps, 3 plates per side x 37 reps

joey54
02-15-2009, 10:58 AM
2/15

1A

Barbell Bench Press- 225 lbs x 20 reps rest paused

HS Shoulder Press- 2 Plates per side+ 25 per side x 15 reps rest paused

Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 80 lb db's x 22 reps rest paused

Lat Pull Down- 240 lbs x 15 reps rest paused

Deadlifts- 470 lbs x 5 reps, 325 lbs x 16 reps

cphafner
02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Hmmm...I like the pull thrus as a ham exercise. I did them on an off day the other day with my core stuff. I might switch up lying leg curls (stalling weight and they irk back my back) with them.

Sessions are looking strong.

joey54
02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
2/17

2A

EZ Curl Drag Curls- Plate per side + 5 per side x 19 reps rest paused

Seated DB Hammer Curls- 60 lb db's x 16 reps

Seated Calf- Plate per side + 10 per side x 11 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl- 180 lb stack x 15 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 10 Plates per side + 25 per side x 11 reps, 8 plates per side + 35 per side x 21 reps

joey54
02-19-2009, 04:50 AM
2/19

1B

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side + 2 10's per side x 14 reps rest paused

DB Shoulder Press- 70 lb db's x 21 reps rest paused

Reverse Grip Smith Bench- 2 plates per side +10 per side x 14 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- + 70 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

HS Rows- 4 plates per side + 35 per side x 11 reps

joey54
02-21-2009, 09:20 AM
2/21

2B

Lifting today, rolling tomorrow.

Incline DB Curls- 65's x 15 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 75's x 12 reps

Calf Press- 300 lbs x 12 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 6 plates per side + 35 per side x 18 reps

Squats- 445 lbs x 6 reps, 335 x 15 reps*

* I wanted to do 325. I put 10's on and realized it afterwards. Said screw it, I'll do this and then made my knee wraps too tight. Started to lose feeling in my lower legs during the set, so it wasn't a weight thing. Will make them looser next time and go for 330 just to be sure. Briefs worn for squat sets today. Like the feeling of squatting in briefs. Feel tighter and safer.

joey54
02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
1C

2/23

Going to switch to Sat, Mon, Wed. Liked the lifting on Saturday Morning

Incline Barbell Press- 235 lbs x 11 reps rest paused. Almost got 12, thank goodness for the safety racks.

Standing Barbell Press- 175 lbs x 11 reps rest paused.

Close Grip Bench Press- 225 lbs x 12 reps rest paused. Almost 13, again thanks for those safeties.

HS Pulldowns- 2 plates per side + 35 per side x 15 reps rest paused.

Smith Bent Over Rows- 2 Plates per side x 11 reps.

joey54
02-25-2009, 04:43 AM
2C

2/25

Barbell Curls- 160 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

EZ Curl Reverse Curls- 50 lbs per side x 15 reps

Standing Calf Raises on Smith- 3 plates per side + 10 per side x 24 reps rest paused

Pull Throughs- 47.5 lb stack x 17 reps rest paused

V Squat- 5 plates per side + 5 per side x 12 reps, 3 plates per side + 10 per side x 36 reps

joey54
02-28-2009, 09:12 AM
1A

2/28

Barbell Press- 235 lbs x 19 reps rest paused

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused

DB Floor Press- 85 lb db's x 20 reps rest paused

Lat Pulldown- 250 lb stack x 14 reps rest paused

Deadlift- 485 lbs x 5 reps, 355 lbs x 13 reps

joey54
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
3/2

2A

EZ Curl Drag Curls- 60 lbs per side(2 25's and a 10) x 14 reps rest paused

Seated Hammer Curls- 65 lb db's x 13 reps

Seated calf- Plate per side + 15 lbs per side x 9 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl- 185 lb stack x 13 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 10 plates per side + 35 per side x 10 reps, 9 plates per side x 23 reps

bill
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice work ... I strayed away from DC, it took some of the fun out of training for me. I like it ok and and may try again soon, know some changes in approach I will take.

cphafner
03-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Sessions are looking great. Getting in there on the weekend with a smaller crowd is nice.

joey54
03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks Bill and CP. I agree about the smaller crowd, but I am in at 5:00 am so it is always a smaller group. What I like best about the weekend is being able to just come home and die for an hour, rather than having to go to work.

joey54
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
3/4

1B

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side + 30 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused

DB Shoulder Press- 75 lbs x 16 reps rest paused

RG Bench- 2 plates per side + 2 10's per side x 12 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- 75 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

HS Rows- 5 plates per side x 9 reps(9 really good reps)

cphafner
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
That is nice too. Great workout. Heavy all around.

joey54
03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
3/7

2B

Incline DB Curls- 70 lb db's x 12 rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 80 lb db's x 10 reps(kept super strict)

Seated Calf Press- 310 x 11 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side x 16 reps

Squats- 460 lbs x 4 reps, 330 lbs x 17 reps(I really worry about form at rep 15. One bad rep can fu#% the back up, so I stopped at 17. Back to 335 next week. Honestly 15 + reps to me is pretty intense)

joey54
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Been sick since monday, so forced into a cruise. Down about 10 pounds because I have no appetite. Will have to re-evaluate some things. Will start hitting it heavy again after taking all of next week to cruise.

bill
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Good work Joey after 10 reps on squats i'm gassing.

joey54
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Feeling better today as the day has gone on. I am going to eat up the next two days and try to resume with 1C on Saturday. I would rather try to extend this blast if possible. I might have to make some adjustments, as my weekend lifts are typically longer, so we shall see. I just don't want to shut it down yet, and I feel come Saturday I will be ready to go. I had to call off work two days in a row, first time I have called off sick in 6 years. Obviously if I am not feeling it Saturday, I won't push it, but I am pretty sure I will be good to go. Appetite came back today and should be ready to pound some food tomorrow.

joey54
03-14-2009, 03:45 PM
3/14

1C(delayed)

Incline Barbell Press- 235 lbs x 11 reps rest paused + a static hold to finish the set

Standing Barbell Press- 180 lbs x 9 reps rest paused

Close Grip Bench Press- 235 lbs x 9 reps rest paused

HS Pulldowns- 3 plates per side x 12 reps rest paused

Smith Bent Over Rows- 2 plates per side + 5 per side x 11 reps

All things considered pretty happy with how this went.

joey54
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
3/16

2C

Checking out how the other half lives and switching to PM workouts. Have been doing the AM thing for the past 3 years, need to change. GF is at school some weeknights too, so it is not like I am missing out on anything at home. Plus it is nicce to have the motivation of some stronger people around. 40 year old women on the eliptical and me lifting weights by myself works sometimes, but I need something different.

Barbell Curls- 170 lbs x 10 reps rest paused. How the hell did I get up to this weight so quick?

EZ Curl Reverse Curl- 50 lbs per side + 5 per side x 14 reps

Standing Smith Calf Raises- 3 plates per side+ 15 lbs per side x 23 reps rest paused

Pull Throughs- 47.5 lb stack x 14 reps rest paused

V-Squat- 5 plates per side + 10 per side x 12 reps, 3 plates per side + 25 per side x 30 reps

Days are off because of that mini-curise, but felt pretty good today other than just missing the rep range for barbell curls. Will just keep that weight next time.

joey54
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
3/18

1A

Fell out of the rep range with all my pushing exercises, but I made significant weight jumps(10 lbs) in all of them. Still happy. Don't know if I will get to this workout again this blast, but if I do I will keep these weights again. The main focus is to get stronger from blast to blast. DB floor presses may need to get changed out after next blast, unless I up the rep range to not go below 25 total reps. Getting hard to set up by myself

Barbell Bench Press- 245 lbs x 14 reps rest paused

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side + 40 lbs per side x 9 reps rest paused

Dumbbell floor press- 90 lb db's x 15 reps rest paused

Lat Pulldown- 260 lb stack(whole stack) x 13 reps rest paused

Deadlifts- 500 lbs x 4 reps, 365 lbs x 12 reps

cphafner
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Hope you are feeling better. Strong pressing. What do you do if you drop below the lower end of the range intrablast? Stay at the weight and try to eek out an extra rep or two?

joey54
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, or if it is at the end of a blast and I ended up with a heavier weight than last time, reset the weights and blast at least one more time with that movement.

cphafner
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
gothca, thanks. I think I'll run into that issue on an exercise or two this blast.

joey54
03-21-2009, 11:26 AM
3/21

2A

EZ Drag Curls- 65 pounds per side x 12 reps rest paused

Seated Hammer Curls- 70 lb dbs x 12 reps

Seated Calf Raise- Plate per side + 20 lbs per side x 10 reps

Lying Hamstring Curls- 190 lb stack x 12 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 11 plates per side x 8 reps, 9 plates per side+ 10 lbs per side x 21 reps

joey54
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
3/23

1B

Made some agressive weight jumps today and fell out of the rep range again on some exercises. Yeah well, gotta keep progressing in weight.

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side+ 35 lbs per side x 8 reps rest paused. Really fought for a 6th rep on the first rest paused. It gets progresively tougher in each rest pause set to start the first rep.

DB shoulder press- 75 lb dbs x 18 reps rest paused

RG Bench on Smith- 2 plates per side + 25 per side x 10 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- +80 lb db x 12 reps rest paused

HS Rows- 5 plates per side x 11 reps. Best set with this weight yet.

joey54
03-25-2009, 07:27 PM
3/25

2B

Incline DB Curls- 70 lb dbs x 13 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 80 lb dbs x 11 reps straight set

Seated Calf Press- 320 lb stack x 11 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 16 reps straight set

Squats- 470 lbs x 3 reps, 335 lbs x 16 reps.

Still worry about doing 1 too many reps on squats. Still happy with the workout. Don't think I will get another squat session this blast. Next blast am going to up the rep ranges on the curl movements. That will give me more room to progress hopefully.

joey54
03-28-2009, 11:50 AM
3/28

1C

Blast is coming to an end. All pressing movments out of the rep range again. My lower back was feeling weird from how I slept last night, so it affected my shoulder presses. Next blast rather than making exercise changes yet, I plan to up rep ranges for the barbell exercises and see how that goes before switching out exercises.

Incline Barbell Bench- 240 lbs x 9 reps rest paused

Standing Barbell Press- 180 lbs x 4 reps, and I knew I wouldn't get anywhere near the rep range, so stripped to 135 lbs and did a straight set of 10 reps.

Close Grip Bench- 235 lbs x 10 reps rest paused

HS Pulldowns- 3 plates per side + 5lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused

Bent Over Rows(smith)- 2 plates per side+ 10 lbs per side x 10 reps

cphafner
03-28-2009, 02:08 PM
3/28

1C

Blast is coming to an end. All pressing movments out of the rep range again. My lower back was feeling weird from how I slept last night, so it affected my shoulder presses. Next blast rather than making exercise changes yet, I plan to up rep ranges for the barbell exercises and see how that goes before switching out exercises.

Sounds like a good idea. Moving some bid weights here.

joey54
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks CP. Blast is over, I don't have another one in me. I plan to cruise until 4/11. I will get in 3 cruise workouts during that time. This Wednesday, Saturday, and next Monday. Start up the following Saturday. One thing I learned from getting sick was I liked having the deadlift and squat workouts on Wednesday nights, to give two days to recover for the next workout. So, I will probably follow the modified scheduled I had after I was sick this time around as well. Wanted to compare weights for exercises from the end of this blast to the last one and come up with a plan of attack for the upcoming one. These are all general and could change during the blast if I am getting stronger. If I am not progressing the way I want, I will switch out exercises next time.

Chest Exercises

Barbell Bench-225x18, 245 x 14 rp, I had had 235 x 19 rp the second to last workout. Next blast the plan will be to up the rep range and finish with 235 lbs at 22+ rest pause reps. First week will probably start out back out 205.

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side+ 25 lbs per side x 13 rp, 3pps+ 35 lbs per side x 8 reps rest pause. 20 lb increase, but lost 3 reps in the progress. Will look for maybe 3 plates per side +30 lbs per side x 13-15 reps to consider progress for the next blast.

Incline Barbell Press- messed up the weights the last time and did 245 lbs for 4 reps, then 3 and 2 with 225 lbs, 240 lbs x 9 rp this time. I want to give this another chance and will adjust the rep range. Going to go with 20-30 rp reps, so will probably start out at 185 lbs next blast. Will give this at least two more blasts before switching it out. Hopefully will get more.

Shoulders

HS Shoulder press- 2 plates per side+25 lbs per side x 15 rp, 2 plates per side + 40 lbs per side x 9 rp. 30 lb increase, but lost 6 reps. For all shoulder moves will be going for 20-30 rp and staying there. I might restart at 2 plates per side and go from there.

DB Shoulder press- 75 lb dbs x 18 rp, 75 x 18 rp. No progress. 1 more time. Will start with a weight to get high in the rep range next time. If I am not at 80 lbs for 20 though , these will go.

Standing Barbell Press- 170 x 13 rp, 180 x 9 rp. Need to up the rep range here the most. Wll start at 105 lbs in order to get at least 30 the first time and go from there.

Triceps

DB Floor Press- 85 lbs x 20 rp, 90 lbs x 15 rp. Need to get 90 x 20 to stay next time. Will start out back at like 70 and go from there.

RG Smith Bench- 2 plates per side+15 lbs per side x 9 rp, 2 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 10 rp. Happy with this, even if I am ending slightly out of the rep range.

CG Bench- 225 lbs x 12 rp, 235 lbs x 10 rp. Again with free barbell exercises, going up to 20-30 rp. Back to 185 to start and will go from there. At least 2 more times for this as well because of the change.

Back Width-

Pulldowns- 250 lb stack x 13 rp, 260 lb stack x 13 rp. Will keep going here.

Rack Chins- +70 lbs x 14 rp, +80 x 12 rp. Keep moving here as well

HS Pulldowns- 3 plates per side x 10 rp, 3 pps + 5 lbs ps x 11 rp. No changes here either

Back Thickness

Deads- 455x7 and 325 x 13, 500 x 4 and 365 x 12. Like this so far

Hammer Rows- 5 pps x 9, 5 pps x 11. Up the rep range to 15-20 because 5 plates is the most I can get on this things due to the thickness of the plates.

BO Smith Rows- Plate+ 35 lbs ps x 12 reps, 2 plates per side + 10 per side x 10 reps. Again, will keep after it on here as well.

This takes up a lot of space, so I will compare the bi and leg exercises later in the week. Also might log my cruise workouts. Here is to some healthy rest.

joey54
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I just decided to take a nap today instead of hitting the gym. I might go tomorrow or I might just wait until Saturday. Liking the rest. Here are arm and leg exercises and weights from the end of these two blasts.

Drag EZ Curls- PPS +10(so 55 lbs) x 14 rp, 2 25's + 10 + 5 ps(65 lbs) x 12 rp

Incline Dumbbell Curls- 70's x 12 rp, 70's x 13

Barbell Curls- 140 lbs x 14 rp, 170 lbs x 10 rp

As I stated, curl movements are going to go up to 20-30 rp. This will allow to progress longer and not lose movements. Same thing with the forearms, but that will be a straight set.

Forearms

DB Hammer-60 lbs x 14 reps, 70 lbs x 12 reps

Pinwheels- 80 lbs x 12 reps, 80 lbs x 11 reps. Much better form this time around. Very strict this blast.
RG EZ Curl- 40 lbs ps x 16 reps, 55 lbs ps x 14 reps

Calves

Seated Calf- PPS +15 ps x 10 reps, PPS + 20 ps x 10

Calf Press-310 lb stack x 11 reps, 320 lb stack x 11 rep

Smith Calf Raise-3pps + 25 ps x 25 rp, 3pps + 15 ps x 23 rp * Paused at the top and bottom of the sets for 2 seconds this time around. Couldn't use quite as much weight.

Hamstrings

Lying Hamstring Curl- 185 lb stack x 12 rp, 190 lb stack x 12 rp. For this hamstring exercise only, will up to 20-30 rp for the range. Am almost at the stack and I like higher reps on these anyway.

Sumo Leg Press- 6 pps + 25 ps x 15 reps, 7 pps+ 10 ps x 16 reps

Pull Throughs- 47.5 lb stack x 16 rp, 52.5 lb stack x 14 rp. These just aren't working for me. My 1 change. Good mornings for 1 straight set of 8-12 reps.

Quads

Leg Press-10 pps+25 ps x 10 reps, 11 pps x 8 reps. 9 pps x 22 reps, 9 pps + 10 ps x 21 reps

Squats- 450 lbs x 4 reps, 470 lbs x 3 rep. 325 lbs x 20 reps, 335 lbs x 16 reps

V-Squats- 6 pps + 2.5 ps x 5 reps, 5 pps + 10 ps x 12 reps. 4 pps + 5 ps x 24 reps, 3 pps + 25 ps x 30 reps.

joey54
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Went to the gym tonight. Easy day. No structure to this at all, just kind of did what I wanted to with no plan.

Bench- Did 5 singles of 275, 1 set of 3 reps with 225 with a paused 3 seconds on the chest, 3x3 135 speed benches.

Squats- Worked up to a single of 405 with no belt. Very easy, but didn't want to push it anymore than this. Then did a set of 5 with 225 with a 5 second bottom pause.

Pendalay Rows- 5x5 with 135 lbs

40 minutes on the eliptical.

jAy_Dub
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I had no idea you were so damn strong bro! Great squatting especially, very nice widow maker sets, and good luck on the upcoming blast.

You should post up some pics sometime.

joey54
04-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks Jay. Maybe pics one day. I would like to get some training clips up too, but my gf and I are on different schedules and haven't been going to the gym at the same time. Next blast starts Saturday morning. Going from resting mode to training mode mentally. Did a light workout today and will be off the rest of the week. Just hit the gym twice during this cruise.

Today

Bench- 225x5 for 3 sets
Squat- 315x5 for 3 sets
Deads- 225x5 for 3 sets

Eliptical for 20 minutes. Stretch for 20 minutes.

joey54
04-11-2009, 07:25 PM
4/11

1A(revised schedule this time around)

Incline Barbell Press-185x23 reps rest paused. At first I thought I was going to crack out this for 20 reps on the first rest pause and at rep 12 I just died. Might stay here for 1 more week, but nah, I would rather up the weight. I can proably go down to 15 rest paused on here at the low end. 25-15 maybe, CP what do you think?

Standing Barbell Press- 105x 27 reps rest paused.

Close Grip Bench- 185 x 16 reps rest paused. My tris were fried from the other exercises and reps. Plus, I am bad at this exercise. I might stay here 1 more time. Again from 25-15 here would be ok, it is when I get closer to 11 rest paused reps where there is trouble.

Hammer Pulldowns- 2 plates per side + 25 per side x 17 reps rest paused. Can make a big weight jump here next week

Smith Bent Over Rows- 2 plates per side x 12 reps.

joey54
04-13-2009, 06:51 PM
4/13

2A(kept the same with a higher rep range)

EZ Drag Curls- 35 lbs per side x 29 reps rest paused

Seated Hammer Curls- 45 lbs x 17 reps. My arms died at rep 12. Still feeling it from the drags. Will have to reduce the weight to get my targeted 20-30 rep range. My arms were bombed.

Seated Calf Raise- PPS+ 10 lbs ps x 12 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl- 110 lb stack x 32 reps rest paused. :swear:

Leg Press- 10 pps+25 ps x 11 reps, 9pps x 22 reps

joey54
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
4/15

1B

Bench- 205 lbs x 26 reps rest paused. Did a 15 sec static hold too.

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side x 22 reps rest paused. If I want more reps I have to go lower weight. Will adjust. I bring the handle all the way back down to the rest position, none of that to eye level stuff with me.

DB Floor Press- 65 lb dbs x 27 reps rest paused. Barely missed the final reps in the 2nd and 3 rest pause sets or would have had 29. And if my aunt had a ................

Lat Pulldowns- 240 lb stack x 14 reps rest paused

Deads- 485 lbs x 6 reps, 365 lbs x 11 reps.

joey54
04-18-2009, 01:14 PM
4/18/09

2B

Barbell Curl- 95 lbs x 30 reps rest paused

Reverse EZ Curl- 35 lbs per side x 16 reps. I am overestimating my weights on these forearm exercises with the increase in the bi rest pause reps. Also I am really stressing the squeeze at the top even more so than I had. Still a very good set, but I want more reps with this, so I will adjust

Standing Calf Raise on Smith- 2 plates per side + 25 per side x 38 reps rest paused. Dropped the weight to get more reps and that worked out. Also holding at the top for a slow 3 count.

Good Mornings- 225 lbs x 12 reps. These felt really good. Haven't done these in some time.

V-Squat- Upped the weight a bit. Too many reps last blast. Turned into cardio sessions. 5 plates per side +25 per side x 9 reps, 4 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 21 reps.

cphafner
04-18-2009, 01:30 PM
good stuff. Strong on the deads!

joey54
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks CP. Thought it was a good way to start the blast. Hopefully can take them far again this blast.

joey54
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
4/20

1C

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 14 reps rest paused. Just missed a 10th rep on the first rest pause set. I fought it for awhile. Same with a 3rd rep on the final part. Set breakdown was 9, 3, 2.

DB Shoulder press- 60 lbs x 26 reps rest pause

Reverse Grip Bench Press on Smith- 2 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 15 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- + 65 lbs x 16 reps rest paused

HS Rows*- 3 ppps + 25 ps x 14 reps

After watching a "Week in the Dungeon" I made it a point to focus even more on my back training. On the HS rows I held the contraction for a count and focused even more on the negative. I had maxed out the machine previously, but it will take awhile doing them this style. Good workout.

joey54
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
4/22

2C

Incline Dumbbell Curls- 40 lb db's x 28 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls-35 lb db's x 24 reps straight set.

Seated Calf Press- 300 lb stack x 13 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side x 20 reps

Squats- 440 lbs x 6 reps(belt and knee wraps), 315 lbs x 16 reps(no wraps, no belt). Yeah I know you are supposed to get 20, but whatever. I am going to do the second set completely raw this blast and I will fall anywhere between 10 reps and this. To be honest I feel I benefit much more from a set like this.

bill
04-23-2009, 09:47 AM
"After watching a "Week in the Dungeon" I made it a point to focus even more on my back training. On the HS rows I held the contraction for a count and focused even more on the negative. I had maxed out the machine previously, but it will take awhile doing them this style. Good workout"

Good point. I find if I just pull or push on the HS machines I can do quite a bit of wt, but when I do them more focused it really works the muscle.

Good call on the video just watched it. You wouldn't think Dugdale would of had many things to pick at in training but Dorian found some. Dorian looked more built than I've seen in a long time.

joey54
04-25-2009, 10:53 AM
That is a great training video to watch. Bill I am going to continue with this method on my back exercises, so I dropped weight in the one movement again today. Went to low.

4/25

1A

Incline Barbell Bench- 195 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(185 x 23 rp)

Standing Military BB Press- 115 lbs x 27 reps rest paused(105 x 27 rp)

CG Bench- dropped weight for more reps, 165 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(185 x 16 rp). I envy those who can CG a lot. This is by far one of my worst exercises.

HS Pulldown- Pull down and then sqqquueeezzed it with a slower negative than before. Was a bit too light. Chest stayed on the pad for every last rep. No momentum at all. Never used much before, but this was stricter than ever. 2 pps x 22 reps rest paused(2pps+35 ps x 17 rp). Again, like Bill mentioned a much different exercise when done this way. Will continue like this. Sometimes we get caught up with moving weight and that is important, but it is good to re-evaluate how things are done every once and awhile

Bent Over Row on Smith- 2 plates per side+ 10 per side x 9 reps(2 pps x12 reps). Was already squeezing these pretty good, so didn't have to change at all. Just upping the weight.

joey54
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
4/27

2A

EZ Drag Curls- 40 pounds per side x 30 reps rest paused(35 pps x 29 rp)

Hammers-30 lb db's x 26 reps(45 lbs x 17 reps)

Seated Calf Raise- Plate per side+ 15 per side x 11 reps(PPS + 10 PS x 12)

Lying Hamstring Curl- 115 lb stack x 32 reps rest paused(110x32 rp)

Leg Press- 11 plates per side x 9 reps(10 pps+ 25 ps x 11 reps), 9 plates per side + 10 per side x 22 reps(9 PPS x 22)

joey54
04-29-2009, 06:29 PM
4/29

1B

Barbell Bench Press- 215 lbs x 23 reps rest paused(205 x 26 rp)

HS Shoulder Press- 2 PPS +5 PS x 21 reps rest paused(2 PPS x 22 rp)

DB Floor Press- 70 lb db's x 28 reps rest paused(65's x 27 rp) don't know how that happened, but I'll take it

Lat Pulldown- again, rest the weights again in order to get a squuuueeezze at the bottom. Dropped to 140 lb stack. Did 24 reps rest paused, so could increase a bit next time.

Deadlift- 495 lbs x 5 reps(485 x 6), 375 lbs x 10 reps(365 x 11)

joey54
05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
5/2

2B

Barbell Curls- 105 lbs x 29 reps rest paused(95 x 30 rp)

Reverse Grip EZ Curl- 20 lbs per side x 25 reps. Had to drop weight because I overestimated strength the first workout

Standing Calf Raise on Smith- 2 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 29 reps rest paused. Top held for a 3 count. (2 pps + 25 x 38 rp)

Good Mornings- 235 lbs x 12 reps(225 x 12)

V Squat- 5 plates per side + 30 per side x 9 reps(5pps+ 25 x 9 reps). 4 plates per side + 25 per side x 18 reps(4 pps + 15 ps x 21 reps). Made too big of a weight jump on my widowmaker, but still a good set.

joey54
05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
5/4

1C

HS Incline Press- 3 plates per side+ 25 per side x 13 reps rest paused(3 pps+15 ps x 14 rp)

DB Shoulder press- 65 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(60 x 26). These just don't want to go anywhere. Done after this blast

RG Bench on Smith- 2 plates per side + 20 lbs per side x 13 reps rest paused (2pps+10 ps x 15 rp)

Rack Chins- + 70 lbs x 14 rp(65 x 16 rp)

HS Rows- 3 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 11 reps(3pps + 25 ps x 14 rp)

cphafner
05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
sessions are looking awesome Joey. Those HS inclines are heavy!

joey54
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM
It gets tough moving the weight on the 2nd and 3rd part of the set. Set break down was 9, 3, 1(just missed 2).

joey54
05-06-2009, 06:22 PM
5/6

2C

Incline DB Curls-45 lb db's x 26 reps rest paused(40 x 28 rp)

Pinwheel Curls- 40 lb db's x 26 reps(35 x 24 reps)

Seated Calf Press- 310 lb stack x 12 reps(300 x 13)

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 18 reps(7 pps x 20)

Squats- 455 lbs x 5 reps(440 x 6), 325 lbs x 15 reps(315 x 16). 1st set Belts and Wraps. 2nd set "raw".

bill
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Joey, I'm not doing the journal thing much now. I come and steal your workouts, I'm not sure I want this leg session though lol. I can't do as much wt on some but I'm doing Dorian or DC kind of stuff still. Are you doing any cardio?

joey54
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Cardio of some type on 3 days. Eliptical, walking outside, rolling...... Also do a good amount of stretching on off days. I would imagine your sessions are as intense as ever. Would love to check out what you are doing if you update your journal. Keep training hard.

joey54
05-09-2009, 10:27 AM
5/9

1A

Incline Barbell Bench- 205 lbs x 19 reps rest paused(195 x 22 rp)

Standing Barbell Press- 130 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(115 lbs x 27 rp)

Close Grip Bench- 175 x 21 reps rest paused(165 x 22 rp)

Hammer Pulldowns- 2 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 21 reps rest paused(2 pps x 22). Still too light of a weight even with the extended squeeze at the bottom. Still a good set.

Smith Bent Over Rows- Machine was tied up by someone incline pressing and I didn't want to wait. Did a set of Pendelay Style Bent Overs instead. 225 lbs x 13 reps. Might just stay with these. Don't like to switch exercise mid-blast, but can always find a spare barbell.

joey54
05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
5/11

2A

EZ Drag Curls- Plate per side x 25 reps rest paused( 40 lbs ps x 30 rp)

Seated Hammer Curls- 35 lb db x 25(20 x 26 reps)

Seated Calf- Plate per side + 20 lbs per side x 10 reps(PPS + 15 ps x 11 reps)

Lying Leg Curl- 120 lb stack x 31 reps rest paused(115 lb x 32 rp)

Leg Press- 11 Plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 8 reps(11 pps x 9), 9 Plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 22 reps(9 pps + 10 ps x 21 reps). Was listening to the song Ashes of the Wake during the widowmaker, which I am sure added 2-3 reps.

Kong
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Lookin great in here pal. Gonna start folloing your training more closely as i've just started DC myself.

joey54
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Cool, I am going to PM you later tonight with some tips.

bill
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Joey found a good article on DC over at Tnation. I thought it was good if you get a chance check it out and see if sounds accurate.

joey54
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't usually go there, but I will check it out. If it is the one they just had in muscle mag I read it over at IM. Thanks Bill.

5/13

1B

Barbell Bench- 225 x 20 reps rest paused(215 lbs x 23 rp). I just missed 22 reps total. Really stuggled with reps near the end of the rest pause sets and just missed them.

HS Shoulder press- 2 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 19 reps rest paused (2pps+5 ps x 21 rp)

DB Floor Press- 75 lb db's x 25 reps rest paused(70 x 28 rp). Just missed 26 total.

Lat Pulldown- 160 lb stack x 21 reps rest paused(140 lb stack x 24 rp)

Deads- 505 lbs x 4 reps(495 x 5). 405 lbs x 10 reps(375 x 10 reps). During the heavy set I was in the House of Frank Pollard and I broke my Omerta grunting on my 10th rep with 405.

joey54
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
5/16

2B

Barbell Curl- 115 lbs x 23 reps rest paused(105x 29 rp)

EZ Reverse Curl- 25 lb per side x 26 reps(20 ps x 25)

Standing Calf(3 sec top pause)- 3 plates per side x 26 reps rest paused(2 pps+ 35 ps x 29 rp)

Good Morning- 245 lb x 12 reps(235 x 12)

V-Squat- 5 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 9 reps(5 pps + 30 ps x 9). 4 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 22 reps(4pps+ 25 ps x 18)

Kong
05-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Lookin strong in here pal!

joey54
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Kong. As long as I keep making progress I am pretty happy. Strength is relative. Vincent D can probably glose grip incline what I could max on deadlifts with straps.

cphafner
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
sessions are looking good. Do you get a spot on the BB work? I didn't ask for one the other day and got pinned! I got a bit too gung ho on the going to failure thing.

joey54
05-17-2009, 07:54 AM
No spots. Don't have a training partner and I don't trust any people I see at the gym to give a good spot or even understand a 3 part rest pause set. The benches have 3 hooks on them, so I can put the bar on the bottom ring if needed. I did have to do the bar on legs thing with inclines 1 time. I pretty much have an idea of when I can get 1 more rep or not. Most times if I don't feel I can get the rep, I rack it. A few times lately I have tried to go for it and just got stuck. At the same time that fear of getting stuck can sometimes motivate you to bang out a rep you probably shouldn't have got otherwise.

cphafner
05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
No spots. Don't have a training partner and I don't trust any people I see at the gym to give a good spot or even understand a 3 part rest pause set. The benches have 3 hooks on them, so I can put the bar on the bottom ring if needed. I did have to do the bar on legs thing with inclines 1 time. I pretty much have an idea of when I can get 1 more rep or not. Most times if I don't feel I can get the rep, I rack it. A few times lately I have tried to go for it and just got stuck. At the same time that fear of getting stuck can sometimes motivate you to bang out a rep you probably shouldn't have got otherwise.

Got it. Thanks. Luckily I use girl weights and can normally just roll them down to my waist and stand up with it. I'll need to learn my limit.

joey54
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
You'll get there CP with knowing your limits. BB Bench is a tough one to gauge at first if you want to use it. I really have a drop off on the second rest pause set rep wise.

5/18

1C

HS Incline- 3 plates per side + 30 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused(3pps+25 x 13 rp)

DB Shoulder press- 70 lb db x 22 reps rest paused(65 x 22 rp)

Reverse Grip Bench- 2 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused(2 pps + 20 lbs ps x 13 rp)

Rack Chins- 75 lb db x 13 reps rest pause(70 x x 14 rp)

HS Rows- 4 plates per side x 10 reps(3 pps + 35 ps x 11)

joey54
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
5/20

2C

Incline DB curls- 50 lb db's x 20 reps rest paused(45 x 26 rp). Curls get tough to progress on. Will stay at this weight next workout.

Pinwheel Curls- 45 lb db's x 23 reps(40 x 26)

Seated Calf- 320 lb stack x 11 reps(310 x 12). I might have got 12 actually, I lost count and might have counted 2 reps as the same one.

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 17 reps(7pps+15 ps x 18)

Squats- 475 lbs x 4 reps(455 x 5). Belt and wraps this set. 335 lbs x 12 reps(325 x 15). No belt or wraps on this set. I debated to keep going after 12, but felt I would have lost my form bad. Live to squat another day. I will get 15 next time. And I am going to 495 for the heavy set.

joey54
05-22-2009, 10:26 AM
5/22

1A A day early due to the weekend

Incline Barbell- 215 lbs x 17 reps rest paused(205 x 19 rp)

Standing Barbell Press- 135 lbs x 20 reps rest paused(130 x 22 rp)

Close Grip Bench Press- 185 lbs x 19 reps rest paused(175 x 21 rp)

Hammer Strength Pulldowns- 2 plates per side + 20 lbs per side x 15 reps rest paused(2 pps + 10 ps x 21)

Bent Over Rows(GP style)- 235 lbs x 11 reps(225 x 13 reps)

joey54
05-25-2009, 09:32 AM
5/25

2A

EZ Drag Curls- 50 lbs per side x 23 reps rest paused(45 x 25 rp)

Seated DB Hammer Curls- 40 lb db's x 24 reps(35 x 25)

Seated Calf Raise- Plate per side + 25 lbs per side x 9 reps(PPS + 20 ps x 10)

Lying Hamstring Curl- 125 lb stack x 29 reps rest paused(120 lb stack x 31 rp)

Leg Press- 11 plates per side + 20 lbs per side x 5 reps(11 pps +10 ps x 8). 9 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 20 reps(9 pps + 15 ps x 22)

joey54
05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
5/27

1B

Barbell Bench- 235 lbs x 20 reps rest paused(225 x 20 rp)

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 19 reps rest paused(2 pps + 10 ps x 19 rp)

DB Floor Press- 80 lb dbs x 20 reps rest paused(75 x 25 rp) something had to give

Lat Pull Down(extended squeeze)- 170 lb stack x 20 reps rest paused(160 x 21 rp)

Deadlift- 515 lbs x 4 reps(505 x 4) Belt and Straps. 415 lbs x 9 reps(405 x 10) Wraps.

samadhi_smiles
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
damn man sick workouts!!!!!

bill
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Excellent work

samadhi_smiles
05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
MAN! I just spent some more time reading through your journal. RESPECT!!!

are you gaining mass fast with this program?

joey54
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I feel and look bigger than when I started up with this again, but I am actually back down to the same weight I started at, if that makes sense. I was over 250 lbs for a bit and was looking towards 260, but the stomach was getting too big. Now I have been weighing between 240-245. I will try to add weight on, but it gets to be a tough thing to do at this point. I don't know how much more I want to weigh at this point. As long as I am getting stronger and more muscular, I am happy. So far both of those are happening. I just want to be able to squat and deadlift what Travis and Vince floor press some day.

samadhi_smiles
05-28-2009, 07:58 AM
sweet man! well I'll be watching this. Interesting stuff (long way off for me personally though!).

Do you do the static stretches all the time and do you do long/slow negatives? I just started doing longer negatives in my own lifting and trying to get as powerful positive as possible. I think I definitely notice a difference.

joey54
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Extreme stretching after every work set. Static holds I might throw in if I fall out of a rep range on some of the exercises. As for the negative portion, I just keep it under control, but not slow. From everything I have read, that really got blown out of proportion. On most back exercises recently I have been squeezing the movement for a count, except for obviously deadlifts. There I just lift it.

cphafner
05-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Great efforts going on. Squats are still sick. I read the same thing from Dante on the negatives. He said just keep it controlled. He has no idea where the super long negative notion came from.

joey54
06-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks CP. Took a weekend mini cruise to hopefully extend this blast a bit. Going on to week 8

2B

Barbell Curl- 125 lbs x 22 reps rest paused(115 x 23 rp)

EZ Reverse Curl- 35 lbs per side x 22 reps(25 lbs per side x 26)

Standing Calf Raise- still pausing, 3 plates per side+ 10 lbs per side x 23 reps rest paused(3pps x 26 rp)

Good Mornings- 255 lbs x 11 reps(245 x 12)

V-Squat- 6 plates per side x 8 reps(5 pps + 35 ps x 9). Didn't want to see the V-squat again after this set. So did a set of leg press as a widowmaker. 4 plates per side x 55 reps. Hope that was an acceptable substitute.

cphafner
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
So did a set of leg press as a widowmaker. 4 plates per side x 55 reps. Hope that was an acceptable substitute.

Damn! That's crazy.

Kong
06-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Sicko!

bill
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Ha Ha torturing yourself on the leg press

joey54
06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
That leg press took a lot out of me. Still feeling it today. Here was yesterday. Had to make an adjustment with HS incline presses

6/3

1C

HS Incline Press- I was at the bottom of the rep range last workout, getting 3 plates per side and 30 lbs per side for 11 reps rest paused. So in my genius, I went up to 3PPS and 35 lbs ps. Only got 4 reps on the first rest pause set. took the 10's off and got 3 reps for the second. Took the 25's off for the last set and got 5. Waited a minute and did 2 plates per side for 12 reps. For that set I paused with the weight on the rack before lifting again. Next blast I am going to do that on my rest pauses, I already do it on shoulder presses. Also going to follow the practice of a higher rep range with these next time. Don't think I will be getting to this workout again before a cruise.

And this entire thing is in no way reflective of DC training whatsoever. After I only got 4 reps for the first rest pause set I wanted to salvage the set and get enough reps. Another reason why I did the 2 plate set afterwards.

DB Shoulder press- Wanted to do 75 lb db's but grabbed the 80's. Only got 13 reps rest paused with them. Last time did 70's for 22 rp. I am taking into account what I did for chest affecting this a tad.

Reverse Grip Bench on the smith- 2 pps + 30 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused(2 pps +25 ps x 11 rp)

Rack chins- +80 lbs x 11 reps rest paused(+75 lbs x 13 rp). Used the EZ curl bar in my lap rather than a dumbbell

HS Rows- 4 pps + 5 lbs ps x 10 reps(4pps x 10). Still squeeezzing that contraction.

Beat up, but I am pushing though for now. I really want to squat on saturday and would like to make it all the way to another deadlift workout if possible.

joey54
06-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Beat up, but I am pushing though for now. I really want to squat on saturday and would like to make it all the way to another deadlift workout if possible.

Wishful thinking on my part. That was me trying to talk myself into thinking it wasn't time to cruise. It is, so Wednesday will be my last workout of the blast. I feel like I played back to back football games right now. Time to rest up.

Unholy
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Very intense training in here. I just started doing the DC stretches a few weeks ago and holy **** have I already noticed a difference.

Rest up big man!

joey54
06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
6/9

Cruise Workout

Deadlift-135 5x5. Did alternating sets of conventional and sumo

Bench- 135 5x5. Really worked on the pointers in the Dave Tate video. I look at bench as a great overall upper body exercises despite the negative attention it may get. Anyway I can push more weight for more reps safely is something I will try to do.

Squats- 135 5x5. Wanted to do this first, but someone was curling in the squat rack when I first got there. On set 3 I went extra wide just to do something different.

15 minutes of a slow striding walk on an incline followed by about 20 minutes of stretching. 3 days of staying out of the gym now and I should be ready to go come Saturday. I am looking over my log book later this week. I don't plan to post all the progression this time, that was a bit much. But, some exercises will change, and some things are going to change days.

cphafner
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
And this entire thing is in no way reflective of DC training whatsoever. After I only got 4 reps for the first rest pause set I wanted to salvage the set and get enough reps. Another reason why I did the 2 plate set afterwards.

Have you ever seen anything from Dante on this? I do what you did if I overdo the weight. I'm curious what he thinks.

Those were some heavy rack pullups!

joey54
06-10-2009, 05:00 AM
CP, I never did see anything from him. Probably the advice would be its time to switch out the exercise or time for a cruise. Both things I did wind up doing. I just went off of what I felt was needed to get an effective workout. No real rhyme or reason other than that.

joey54
06-13-2009, 11:31 AM
6/13

New Blast

Lower A

Since I did not get to do the squat workout for the last week of my previous blast, I figured it would be a good idea to start off this blast squatting. It wasn't a good idea, it was a freaking great idea!

Incline DB Curls- 45 lb dbs x 28 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 40 lb dbs x 29 reps

Seated Calf Press- 310 lb stack x 10 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 19 reps

Squats- 450 lbs x 5 reps(belt and wraps), 320 lbs x 14 reps(no belt or wraps)

bill
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
That leg press took a lot out of me. Still feeling it today. Here was yesterday. Had to make an adjustment with HS incline presses

6/3

1C

HS Incline Press- I was at the bottom of the rep range last workout, getting 3 plates per side and 30 lbs per side for 11 reps rest paused. So in my genius, I went up to 3PPS and 35 lbs ps. Only got 4 reps on the first rest pause set. took the 10's off and got 3 reps for the second. Took the 25's off for the last set and got 5. Waited a minute and did 2 plates per side for 12 reps. For that set I paused with the weight on the rack before lifting again. Next blast I am going to do that on my rest pauses, I already do it on shoulder presses. Also going to follow the practice of a higher rep range with these next time. Don't think I will be getting to this workout again before a cruise.

DB Shoulder press- Wanted to do 75 lb db's but grabbed the 80's. Only got 13 reps rest paused with them. Last time did 70's for 22 rp. I am taking into account what I did for chest affecting this a tad.

Reverse Grip Bench on the smith- 2 pps + 30 lbs per side x 11 reps rest paused(2 pps +25 ps x 11 rp)

Rack chins- +80 lbs x 11 reps rest paused(+75 lbs x 13 rp). Used the EZ curl bar in my lap rather than a dumbbell

HS Rows- 4 pps + 5 lbs ps x 10 reps(4pps x 10). Still squeeezzing that contraction.

I do something similar, more of a drop set style. It's not pure DC from what I've read, but oh well. I don't think it's off base enough to hurt your gains either. I just try to make sure I do enough to stimulate some growth, (or feel like I've done enough work to get the job done).

joey54
06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Definitely Bill. Sometimes we do what we have to to get it done. I would like to avoid that in the future though and just stick to the plan.

6/15

Upper A

Incline Barbell Press- 200 lbs x 19 reps rest paused. Did about a 13 second static hold to finish off the set for good measure.

Got rid of Shoulder DB Presses and put standing Barbell Press with Upper C. Doing a facing the pad Life Fitness Shoulder Press. Very hard exercise. Let the stack come to a rest for a count on each rep. 80 lb stack x 23 reps rest paused. Starting lighter on here because of the position.

Close Grip Barbell Bench- 170 lbs x 22 reps rest paused.

HS Pulldown- 2 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 17 reps rest paused. Still holding the contraction.

Bentover Rows GP style- 230 lbs x 13 reps.

bill
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes I've been thinking if I want to get anything out of the DC I need to do it as Dante says.

cphafner
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM
wow, huge squats!

joey54
06-16-2009, 04:34 AM
wow, huge squats!

Not bad for the first week for sure. I would ideally like to mess with 5 plates by the end of this blast. We shall see.

joey54
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
6/17

Lower B

EZ Drags- 40 lbs per side x 28 reps rest paused

Seated Hammer Curls- 35 lb db's x 30 reps

Seated Calf Raise- Plate Per side +15 lbs per side x 9 reps

Lying Hamstring Curl- 120 lb stack x 32 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 11 plates per side + 5 lbs per side x 9 reps, 9 plates per side + 5 lbs per side x 24 reps

joey54
06-20-2009, 12:27 PM
6/20

Upper B

Barbell Bench- 210 lbs x 24 reps rest paused

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side + 5 lbs per side x 21 reps rest paused

Dead Skulls- 30 lbs per side x 33 reps reast paused

Lat Pulldown- 165 lbs x 27 reps rest paused

Deads- 495 x 5 reps, 395 x 9 reps

joey54
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
6/22

Lower C

Barbell Curls- 105 lbs x 32 reps rest paused

Reverse Grip EZ Curls- 25 lbs per side x 20 reps

Standing Calf Raise in Smith- 3 plates per side x 29 reps rest paused. 3 second top hold

Good Mornings- 240 lbs x 14 reps

V-Squat facing into the machine- Much more comfortable on the back and knees. 5 plates per side x 12 reps. 4 plates per side x 22 reps.

joey54
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
6/24

Upper C

Incline Hammer Press- For this blast higher rep range and I am resetting at the start of each rep. Meaning a dead stop for a count, then the next rep. Makes it much more difficult. Started light. 2 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 23 reps rest paused

Standing Military Press- 135 lbs x 18 reps rest paused. Started off where I ended last time. Going to take this one slow.

RG Bench- Upped the rep range. 2 plates per side x 22 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- Again, uppded the rep range. 40 lb db x 20 reps rest paused. Also trying to focus even more on the bottom stretch.

HS Rows- Did 2 sets because of the higher rep range stuff. Had to do one relatively heavy set. Holding the contracting for a count and squeezing. Returning the handles to the stoppers, pausing, and going again. 4 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 5 reps. 3 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 11 reps.

Happy with this workout.

joey54
06-27-2009, 11:42 AM
6/27

Lower 'fn' A

Incline Dumbbell Curls- 50 lb db's x 26 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 45 lb db's x 28 reps

Seated Calf Press- 320 lb stack x 9 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side +20 lbs x 18 reps

Squats- 465 lbs x 5 reps(belt and knee wraps), 330 lbs x 11 reps(no belt or wraps)

joey54
06-29-2009, 07:11 PM
6/29/09

Upper A

Incline Barbell Press- 210 x 17 reps rest paused. 15 sec static hold at the end of the set.

Seated Press facing the Pad- 90 lb stack x 19 reps rest paused

Close Grip Bench Press- 180 lbs x 20 reps rest paused

HS Pulldown- 2 plates per side + 25 lbs per side x 14 reps rest paused. Too high of a weight jump. 20 lbs. Will stay here next time

Bent Over Rows- 235 lbs x 11 reps

cphafner
06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
workouts are looking solid. Facing the pad on the V squats sounds interesting.

joey54
06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
workouts are looking solid. Facing the pad on the V squats sounds interesting.

CP it was much more comfortable. Back to the pad really puts me in an awkward position at the bottom.

joey54
07-01-2009, 07:49 PM
7/1

Lower B

EZ Drag Curls- Plate per side x 26 reps prest paused

Seated Hammer Curls- 40 lb db's x 28 reps

Seated Calf raise- Plate per side + 20 lbs per side x 8 reps

Lying Hamstring Curls- 130 lb stack x 27 reps rest paused

Leg Press- 11 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 6 reps, 9 plates per side + 15 lbs per side x 22 reps

joey54
07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
7/4

Upper B

Bench Press- 220 lbs x 22 reps rest paused

HS Shoulder Press- 2 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 21 reps rest paused

Dead Skulls- 35 lbs per side x 31 reps rest paused

Lat Pull Down- 175 lb stack x 23 reps reat paused

Deads- 505 lbs x 5 reps(belt and straps), 405 lbs x 10 reps(straps)

joey54
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
7/6- end of a 5 day weekend

Lower C

Barbell Curls- 115 lbs x 28 reps rest paused

Reverse Grip EZ Curl- 30 lbs per side x 30 reps

Standing Calf Raise on Smith- 3 plates per side + 10 lbs per side x 26 reps rest paused

Good Mornings- 250 lbs x 14 reps

Facing the pad V-Squats- 5 plates per side + 5 lbs per side x 15 reps, 4 plates per side + 20 lbs per side x 23 reps

Kong
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Lookin beastly in here

joey54
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Its coming along Kong. Have a lot of work to do to catch up to the real studs on this board.

7/8

3C

HS Incline Press- 2 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 22 reps rest paused

Standing Barbell Press- 145 lbs x 16 reps rest paused

RG Smith Bench- 2 plates per side + 5 lbs per side x 22 reps rest paused

Rack Chins- 45 lbs x 19 reps rest paused

HS Rows- 4 plates per side + 30 lbs per side x 5 reps, 3 plates per side + 30 lbs per side x 12 reps. Probably just going to ditch the heavy set. Might even just rest pause these. I have seen where it is ok to do with this one.

Kong
07-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Rest pausing should be fine on the HS rows seeing as your chests supported by the pad so cant see there being much chance of injury

joey54
07-11-2009, 12:08 PM
7/11

Lower A

Incline DB Curls 55 lb db's x 21 reps rest paused

Pinwheel Curls- 50 lb db's x 26 reps

Seated Calf Press- 330 lb stack x 9 reps

Sumo Leg Press- 7 plates per side + 35 lbs per side x 16 reps

Squats- *470 lbs x 4 reps(belt and wraps). 340 lbs x 11 reps(no belt or wraps)

* The plan was for 480 lbs here and that is what I thought I did, until I was driving home and realized it was 470, not 480. The set was really good and the plan was to work up to 495 lbs this blast. Still on pace for that, so will shoot for that next workout. Still a great squat workout.

cphafner
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
good looking stuff. Are you doing those GM's straight or RP?

joey54
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
1 straight set CP.

EatMyWay2TheTop
07-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I came accross your log and it looks really good, impressive squats.

joey54
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I came accross your log and it looks really good, impressive squats.

Thanks man. They would be an impressive bench press, I still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully I can get them up there one day.

samadhi_smiles
07-12-2009, 06:27 PM
looking good Joey...I'm always enjoying following your journal.