PDA

View Full Version : Donna's Meet DL 2nd and 3rd lifts

lil' power
11-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Donna's 2nd competition....these are her 2nd -300# and 3rd - 315# lifts.

Productive suggestions/critiques are welcome.

4q30-6cg4fo

cUsol4fuz4o

chris mason
11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Great job Donna!

Ryan Celli
11-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice job Donna! Did they pass your third attempt?

Travis Bell
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
No, they gave her reds for hitching. Seems to me Donna, some upper back work and focusing on pushing your hips forward, you'll smash that weight

Great job!!

Donnajo
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
No, they gave her reds for hitching. Seems to me Donna, some upper back work and focusing on pushing your hips forward, you'll smash that weight

Great job!!

That is what confuses me. My upper back is one of my strengths. I guess I just need to work it even more in comparison to the lifts going up. It is that hip drive. I could hear Lones yelleing hip drive.

I tend to hitch at a new weight attempt. I am suprised it came off the floor that fast which tells me, and correct me if I am wrong , that I could lift heavier, except for the lockout issues.

Oh, and I did feel that I hitched this time.

Thanks for the great job.

Travis Bell
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Hmm, well I believe you if you say that your upper back is strong, maybe throw in a couple more sets of DB rows? Maybe rack lockouts mid shin level would help. Ryan will have better advice than I. Guy pulls like a machine.

I definitely think you could pull heavier weight once your form gets more refined. Still though, very nice work

Donnajo
11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Hmm, well I believe you if you say that your upper back is strong, maybe throw in a couple more sets of DB rows? Maybe rack lockouts mid shin level would help. Ryan will have better advice than I. Guy pulls like a machine.

I definitely think you could pull heavier weight once your form gets more refined. Still though, very nice work

Thanks Travis. Appreciate your input. I am definitely listening. :)

Ryan Celli
12-01-2008, 06:52 AM
ok, I listened to the video with sound this morning, i hear "no lift". I knew it was not good, just wasn't sure if they let it pass.

In the first video your form looks perfect.

To help keep you from hitching I would work on a few things.

1. hip strength - kneeling squats, pull thrus, kettlebells, belt squats, even db lunges.

2. ab strength - heavy ab work 5 sets of 8-15 reps 2-3 times a week.

3. deadlifts against band tension. - this should teach you to stay tight and pull thru with your hips.

Donnajo
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
ok, I listened to the video with sound this morning, i hear "no lift". I knew it was not good, just wasn't sure if they let it pass.

In the first video your form looks perfect.

To help keep you from hitching I would work on a few things.

1. hip strength - kneeling squats, pull thrus, kettlebells, belt squats, even db lunges.

2. ab strength - heavy ab work 5 sets of 8-15 reps 2-3 times a week.

3. deadlifts against band tension. - this should teach you to stay tight and pull thru with your hips.

Thanks Ryan! I will incorporate that into my training.:)

NUCadet97
12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Awesome comments Ryan. I lift with Donna and she is a monster puller :drooling:

I have the same problem with hitching (as well as many other form issues) but those comments will help with at least one issue.

Thanks

And Donna...awesome meet!!

Donnajo
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
What are kneeling squats?

Chris Rodgers
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Great job Donna!!

Another thing you have to do everytime you pull in the gym is fight the urge to hitch. Some people just naturally start to hitch and it can become a bad habit. Everytime you get stuck you just have to keep squeezing and try to shove those hips through smoothly. Loading up the thighs with baby powder will help too.

Donnajo
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Great job Donna!!

Another thing you have to do everytime you pull in the gym is fight the urge to hitch. Some people just naturally start to hitch and it can become a bad habit. Everytime you get stuck you just have to keep squeezing and try to shove those hips through smoothly. Loading up the thighs with baby powder will help too.

Yup.... I am so afraid of this becoming a habit for me. Good point! I don't want to do that everytime I go for a new weight.

Ryan Celli
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't have a video of me doing them, but i did a search and was able to find someone doing them with pretty decent form. check um out .

qIOXzFzSg2Y